Clutch creaking/rubbing sound - call for help and note of lament

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Clutch creaking/rubbing sound - call for help and note of lament

My car, an '04 6MT with 46.5K mi, makes the metal creaking/rubbing sound when engaging first and starting from a dead stop. I did a search on these forums and found one thread which describes something very similar to what I'm experiencing. I even printed the thread out and brought it to the Acura service advisor the first time I had the car in to have this fixed (though Acura service people generally seem dismissive of information from internet forums or other non-official sources). They couldn't reproduce the noise but went ahead and lubed the clutch; however, this hasn't resolved the issue. It's in again right now for the same thing, as well as for a cornering light and one horn that have quit. The advisor again says they can't reproduce the problem, and that if the car requires a new clutch it'll be on my dime. Other than outright replacing the clutch, they don't seem to have an answer, and I have a feeling I'll be hearing that distinctive sound for some time to come.

It's occurred to me that the issue might be a worn clutch. Apparently this is difficult to detect in the TSX (and most other recent MT Acuras) because the clutch is self-adjusting, which can mask early signs of wear. Other than the strange sound I have no problems with the transmission: shifting, gear engagement, or staying in gear. I don't race or autocross, nor have I ever performed high RPM clutch drops to test 0-60 time. The noise itself isn't really a big deal, but it's not a normal to hear a sound like this when you're driving, and I wonder whether something may be wrong and causing cumulative damage. I'd like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience and how they resolved it.

And while I'm on the subject: I can't recall ever having to bring a car to the dealer this many times for so many little problems - or in the case of the clutch and a set of wheel bearings previously, some not so little. And mediocrity has been the rule more than the exception with my service experiences, which have regrettably been many, but from what I hear that's endemic to most brands save perhaps Lexus. When you've made over a dozen unscheduled trips in a little over 2 years, you notice these things.

It's looking more and more like I will be getting rid of my TSX once it hits 50K mi and the warranty is up, and with that I may be leaving the Honda/Acura brand, at least for the time being. I love the way this car drives, but cumulatively the glitches have dampened my enthusiasm. Reliability had been a cornerstone of H/A's reputation for me. My previous car. a 1992 Civic which I bought new, was all but bulletproof. But with the TSX, that rep has diminished greatly in my eyes, and with it my incentive to buy another H/A car in future. I can no longer recommend the TSX or the H/A brand without qualification.

The coup de grace may have been my conversation this morning with the service advisor, who owns a 2002 TL. He said he's had so many rattles and other problems with the car that he will never buy another Acura again. Yes, an employee of an Acura dealership said this, unsolicited; I am not making it up.

To anyone who works for or has the ear of H/A corporate who is on these forums, hear this and pass it on to the higher-ups: the company is blowing it with these quality issues and ruining their reputation. Big time.

And for everyone else, if you've gotten this far, thanks for reading.

P.S. Has anyone had any response or luck from calling or writing the company about these kinds of things? I will probably write a letter just to say I did it and move on, but I'm curious if it's ever resulted in anything, even a "Sorry".
Old 09-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered Abuser

I'm sorry to hear you have had so many problems with your TSX. Rest assured you are not the only one - I have read several similar stories on this forum from other folks who had faith in the Honda/Acura brand and ended up disgusted at the amount of issues that they had with their cars. As a side note, it seems as though there are at least two classes of folks on this forum 1. those who have creaks/rattles/noises or smaller issues like condensation in headlights or broken door locks and 2. those who have true mechanical issues. On the up side, severe mechanical problems seem to be somewhat rare with the TSX.

Anyway, if your car is still under warrenty, my main question for you and the dealer is - why is the clutch worn to the point it would be noticeable at 46k miles? If the car has taken no abnormal abuse and I take you at your word on that, the clutch should still be fine for quite some time after 46k. If there was some sort of defect in your car that caused a prematurely worn clutch, wouldn't this be covered under warrenty? I agree that this type of thing may be hard to prove - but its a thought.

Also, perhaps its just me but I don't think my expectations are too high when I expect the dealer to be able to correctly find and fix an issue like this. From the sounds of it, replacing the entire clutch seems a bit extreme. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the internals of a clutch and manual transmission will chime in.

One last idea, have you considered taking it to another Acura dealer, or perhaps even a Honda dealer for a second-opinion?

Good luck with your car man, let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Intermediate

What frustrates me about this issue is the lack of a definitive answer from Acura Service. If I'm to blame I certainly don't mind ponying up for a new clutch, but when I've asked them that question point-blank the response has been "Maybe." I'm not mechanically savvy and so the following question may be naive, but can they not examine or evaluate the clutch in someway, either on a lift or by driving the car, to determine if wear is the cause of this?

I'm not totally unsympathetic to the dealer service people. Replacing a clutch is costly and time consuming, not to be done casually. And they've had to rely on my verbal description of the problem, because even after repeated drives, one with me behind the wheel, they haven't heard it for themselves. But still: if the clutch is worn, I'll pay for a new one. If it's a manufacturing defect, they should foot the bill. I can't tell which it is beacuse I'm not a mechanic. They are. And logic dictates that Acura would not design a part that completely hides all signs of wear before failing. Can you imagine brake pads that gave no warning until they were completely gone and unusable?

I've never experienced a new clutch going this soon. I remember reading in Car and Driver about a VW New Beetle Turbo they had as a long-term tester that needed a new clutch at 28K mi. They wondered if the clutch had been carried over from the non-turbo version and was thus under-spec'ed for the power the car was putting down. That doesn't seem to be the case with the TSX.

I also had the headlight condensation issue, which led to the light shorting out and needing replacement. But the dealer wouldn't replace it until it had actually burned out. After a citywide heavy rainstorm, my telling him I'd seen water behind the lens wasn't enough to justify action. Plus the center stack going dim, and the gas filler release breaking, and a reverse light going out due to faulty wiring, etc... I'd have to go back to my service receipts to list them all, there have been so many I've lost track. If I wanted to drink coffee at the dealer and BS with service advisors, I'd have gotten something German.

Thank you, Eeyore, for the empathetic response and suggestions. I will keep you posted as well everyone else with an interest.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Intermediate

In the interest of full disclosure: I do not abuse the car or compete with it, but neither do I drive it like a grandmother. Rumor has it that it's a performance car.

Also, I do not feather the clutch on upshifts, but I sometimes release the pedal very slowly on downshifts to make them smoother. I was told by a reliable, H/A only independent mechanic that doing this on downshifts is not harmful to the clutch or transmission, provided it's not done a lot at high revs. Could this be a contributing factor to what I'm experiencing? Again, if this is potentially a factor, it's something I would expect to be asked by the dealer service people, or for them to be able to diagnose.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

I promised a follow up, so for those who care, here it is.

I got my car back yesterday after an overnight stay waiting on a new horn. The Acura techs were extremely thorough, and more than one drove the car to try to reproduce the clutch noise that I've been experiencing. None were able.

They established that the clutch and transmission are in perfect working order and show no signs of wear or abuse. Really, all they have as evidence of any problem related to them is my word. An option is to replace the clutch, but without any evidence of a defect, that's an 11 hour, 1660$ job on my tab, and there's no guarantee it will address the issue - since no one really knows what the issue is.

I thanked them for their efforts, signed the paperwork, and drove off. That same night, I heard the sound again. I don't think of myself as a nit-picker. I've experienced many of the rattles that have incensed fellow members on these forums, and to me they're no big deal -- I've never brought the car to the dealer for anything like that. But the clutch making a rubbing/groaning sound like the innards of a cargo ship seems more significant.

Also, my phone charger that I plug into the adapter in the ccenter armrest is kaput, so I went to remove it. And discovered that those clever latches -- left opens the top part, right opens bottom -- no longer work properly.

Getting rid of this car is not out of the question, but will be a losing proposition financially. So someone give me some good reasons why I shouldn't, because at this point I don't have any.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Racer

I think i have the same problem. i've posted few time about the problems and no one else experienced it. Mine started about around 11k miles. and slowly getting worse. and every time i took it in, they couldnt reproduce.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Write the letter to Honda, tell them about your civic. They might care about keeping you.

But try another dealer first.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Faster, please.

I had a different clutch problem, clicking, which was finally resolved after many "can't reproduce the problem" trips myself. They replaced the master cylinder and it hasn't clicked for 10,000 miles. Now I have the same squeaking sound that you're experiencing, but it seems to be more consistent.

Here's my question: is the standard warranty 40,000 miles or 50,000? You mentioned being under warranty still, but I thought it had only 40,000 miles (which I just surpassed as the noise started).
Old 10-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Racer

Something is definitely wrong. I have a Acura Integra GS-R with 120k+ miles still on original clutch. And I do know baby this car at all.

They dont make hondas like they used to.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

They certainly don't.

The standard USA warranty is 50K, which I'm only 3000 mi below at the moment. Not a good feeling when you've had this many problems. If it had ended at 40K I'd be out of pocket several hundred dollars for repairs at this point.

Regarding this strange sound when releasing the clutch pedal, I've observed the following: it seems to happen most often when the clutch is under a lot of torque, as when starting from a stop uphill, and when I release the pedal very quickly.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Instructor

My TSX is a COMPLETE POS. Very disappointing.

Mine started doing what I think you are describing at about 40K and now I have 45K. It only does it one in a while, right as letting the clutch grab to start moving. I get a loud groaning noise that sounds like a slipping belt, etc... but it know it is not. It is really load and goes away abruptly when the clutch is fully engaged. It is loud enough that people in cars next me actually look over when it does it.

Clutch pedal clicks, too. Has since it was new. Dealer has replaced the master cylinder, lubed it several times and now says it is normal. Click, click, click........ I have had 5 domestic cars with manual transmissions, none of which ever had clicking or groaning clutches.

My AC was intermittently failing. 3 visits to find and fix a temperature sensor.

Backlights all failed on radio, HVAC, and clock. REplaced the radio and now the backlights all go bright / dark like a loose wire. Two visits and still unresolved. Drive down the road with the dash lights blinking on and off....sucks.......

Warped brake rotors at 15K miles. Now I have thinner rotors, since all they do is machine them, and remind me that this is out of the goodness of their hearts, since warranty doesn't cover brakes past 12K, technically.

A-Pillar rattle. 2 trips to fix. Had to remove windshield, which wasn't reinstalled 100% correct. Gaps aren't perfect, but the rattle is gone, so I live with it.

Noisy weatherstripping. Creaks, clicks, etc.... all the time. Lubing it lasts about a week.

Buzzing speakers. 2 trips to fix and still does it on some songs (but they are bass heavy songs and the dealer acts like it is my fault since bass setting is full).

I can actually say, without lying, that this car has had more problems than any other new car that I have ever owed. That list is a total of 10 new cars, of which 7 were domestics.

I really hope that Honda figures this stuff out, because I love the car, but really can't imagine buying another Honda product right now.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by stryker2
They certainly don't.

The standard USA warranty is 50K, which I'm only 3000 mi below at the moment. Not a good feeling when you've had this many problems. If it had ended at 40K I'd be out of pocket several hundred dollars for repairs at this point.

Regarding this strange sound when releasing the clutch pedal, I've observed the following: it seems to happen most often when the clutch is under a lot of torque, as when starting from a stop uphill, and when I release the pedal very quickly.

Same observation. It happens more under a high torque load, like starting up hill.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sveet
Same observation. It happens more under a high torque load, like starting up hill.

New update. It got colder here today, and the problem got alot worse. Maybe now I can get the dealer to replicate the problem.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

I'm feeling everyone's pain on this one, I myself am getting the same issue with my 04 CG TSX. I have the clutch pedal down and at a stop with the car in first gear."most often when the clutch is under a lot of torque, as when starting from a stop uphill, and when I release the pedal very quickly."once Istart to release the clutch, that annoying sound occurs. It only happens in first gear, this started happening to my car at about 31,000 miles. Yes, this is an intermittent issue which is very hard to replicate when brought to the dealer ship I myself would like answers before going into the extreme of havin all that work done.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Banned

update on noise!! I found this on another TSX forum, hope it helps everone on this issue. I'm heading to the dealer today

I want to share knowledge about a problem that my dealer fixed.

Since 800 miles I'd heard a loud creaking sound coming from behind the center console area. The creak would occur when I turned or accelerated from a stop or slow speed.

The dealer (miraculously) identified the problem as two sheetmetal panels rubbing together behind the firewall on its engine side. They fixed the problem from beneath the car by simply spreading the panels apart far enough to no longer rub.

The creak is gone, and I am happy.

This was also the first oil change, and the car feels smoother with real oil as opposed to the factory break-in juice it ran on for the first 4700 miles.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Intermediate

Can you be alittle more specific? Pics, draw a diagram. I just heard this metal on metal rubbing noise for the first time yesterday. 04 with 22,000 miles. Not really a creaking, more like a loud screeching noise. It happened from a dead stop and began when I accelerated in 1st gear. Scared the crap out of me.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:03 PM
o-qua tangin wann

i'm in need of a new clutch already

any idea of how much the dealer charges??
Old 10-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by bigblazinboot
i'm in need of a new clutch already

any idea of how much the dealer charges??
How many miles do you have, boot?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maurice
Can you be alittle more specific? Pics, draw a diagram. I just heard this metal on metal rubbing noise for the first time yesterday. 04 with 22,000 miles. Not really a creaking, more like a loud screeching noise. It happened from a dead stop and began when I accelerated in 1st gear. Scared the crap out of me.
Creaking, screeching it's the same issue that is addressed. Just bring into the dealer and have them seperate the two metel pieces. It scared the crap out of me myself. But as far as a diagrams and pics..sorry buddy. All I know it's near the firewall somewhere.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 PM
o-qua tangin wann

Originally Posted by Eeyore
How many miles do you have, boot?
42k ---reason being, i drive it like a piece of shit, and... its a piece of shit

I called acura this morning, they said 3700 to replace the clutch--I started laughing at him, and then he mentioned that that includes a new flywheel too! I couldn't stop laughing and eventually hung up.

My co-worker who had a newer CL told me to call the honda dealer---they quoted me 1,051---labor and parts, not bad...

but there's no way in hell i'm paying either... i'm taken care of elsewhere, i was just extremely curious to see what acura had to say.

the tranny may have damage,but that IS covered by warranty for the next 8k miles.

btw, the new lexus IS is so sexy
Old 10-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bigblazinboot
42k ---reason being, i drive it like a piece of shit, and... its a piece of shit

I called acura this morning, they said 3700 to replace the clutch--I started laughing at him, and then he mentioned that that includes a new flywheel too! I couldn't stop laughing and eventually hung up.

My co-worker who had a newer CL told me to call the honda dealer---they quoted me 1,051---labor and parts, not bad...

but there's no way in hell i'm paying either... i'm taken care of elsewhere, i was just extremely curious to see what acura had to say.

the tranny may have damage,but that IS covered by warranty for the next 8k miles.

btw, the new lexus IS is so sexy
It's funny how you say "it's a piece of shit". I feel exactly the same way. I still cannot believe that I have a Honda / Acura that I feel is a piece of shit. I have argued with friends / family that they should all buy Acura / Honda / Toyota / Lexus. I have shortened that list to Toyota / Lexus.

I drove an IS350 at the dealership. I love Lexus. I drive in in my POS TSX and the sales guy throws me the key and says "take it out for a drive". It is very nice. Interior is second to none. Power is awesome, too. I want to drive an IS250 with a manual, too, but they don't get too many, so it is hard to say when one will be available.

My remaining problems on my TSX, that I think will never be resolved, are clicking clutch, occasional squeeling clutch, more rattles than I can even count, crappy reassembly of dash, etc...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another instance where someone hears some noise and the Acura techs cant

Everytime I see a thread like this, I ask the question: Why didnt you have the Tech ride along with you so you could point out the problem yourself??
Old 10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joerockt

Everytime I see a thread like this, I ask the question: Why didnt you have the Tech ride along with you so you could point out the problem yourself??
Well Mr "My Shit Don't Stink"
If you read along the lines, you will see that the problem has been resolved. It's an informational thread now for those of us who have this problem and the fix has been discovered! So just off for once and quit being a dick to so may people on this forum. I know Temucula does'nt have a NFL team so you gotta represent my town! So how do you like those apples! DICK!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joerockt

Because the damn problems are intermittent and the techs won't go for more than about a 2 minute ride.

I drive my car about 1.5 hours per day, and the clutch makes the noise about once per day. It sounds like it is going to blow up.

The tech won't ride with me all day to hear it once per hour or so. Simple as that.

As far as the clicking clutch goes, they say it is normal. A function of the design and it can't be fixed. If you push the clutch in fast, it doesn't do it, so they say clutch quicker.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

Here's a pic of Mr. My Shit Don't Stink

Hahaha Fat Bastard!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
That one just earned you a week off TSX6one9.

Why the personal attack? No need for that here...
Old 11-21-2005, 06:14 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm another one on the list with the same clutch problem! Just started last week, at 37k miles...

I'm subscribing to this thread and HOPING someone that sees it comes up with a resolution.

Is anyone here on the Singapore Honda Club? Do we know if they US cars have this issues or all of them. I mean, by now, someone in the world has to know what's up and how to fix this!

I am going to start off calling up the local dealer and see where we get. The dealer I bought my car from in NJ has been pretty good. I had a horrible dash raddling sound that was intermittent that started a few weeks after I got the car. They knew of the issue when I called and though SLACURA hadn't given then an official fix, one of their tech's found a place he could squeeze in a little rubber foam between a bracket and the dash and eliminate that sound for in the manager's car... So they had openly said they saw that issues before and took care of that at no charge. I was thankful to them as it required full disassembly of the dash and they could have just easily turned me away and and said "Cant Reproduce/Didn't Observe"

I tried a more local dealer with the buzzing front dash speaker issue. I left a CD in the radio cued up to a part of a song where with the EQ flat and the volume 2/3 of the way up, they would be able to hear the panel resonate with the speaker driver.

I had taken the time to find something that would make that condition easy to reproduce. So I left with the volume around 8 and turned the radio off right before the song got to that magic point. Got the "Cant reproduce/Didn't Observe" paperwork back as they were fixing the headlight issue that day and I had made arrangements to pay for just the oil change I got when I was there over the phone and my keys left on top of the passanger side tire in the lot.

When i turned on the radio, the song was advanced just 3 seconds from where I left it, the volume control setting exactly where I left it.

I guess Acura is getting a little Americanized... Build everything to minimum spec, make help difficult to access, and write of problems as solved if you've frustrated someone enough to stop asking...
Old 11-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Just dial 1911

LOL, How did I miss all this?

TSX6one9, come get some bitch. Please, dont be scared.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Faster, please.

So today I finally had the noise AND the time to get to the dealership before the techs leave at 4:00. I stopped by, got a some attitude from the service manager, showed the problem to the tech who works on my car, got lots of attitude from him, and finally an appointment to get this problem fixed. As much as I love the car for all of it's good points I can't see myself ever buying an Acura again. Between the number of little problems already and the shitty service when I bring it in I can't be bothered. I'll spend a few extra $$ and try something else next time.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Yui
Pro

Between these clutch issues and the magnesium casing breaking at 107k miles, would you guys change your mind and opt for the auto instead?
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Faster, please.

Originally Posted by Yui
Between these clutch issues and the magnesium casing breaking at 107k miles, would you guys change your mind and opt for the auto instead?
Nope. This is the first I've heard of the casing problem, but still no. Automatics are for SUVs, luxury cars, and other more boring rides.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

i've had this shit forever, and they swear its nothing... now that the car is out of warranty they better not tell me its something now.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Faster, please.

I'm sure if you brought it to their attention before the warranty was up you could get them to honor it. Although I don't know that I'd assume the a**holes at this dealership would be so kind.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:52 PM

i've delt with several dealershiops in florida. the only decent one who seems to give a shit is ferman acura here in tampa....

fountain acura in orlando, rick case and ed morse down in ft. lauderadle they should all burn in hell for being pricks.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Faster, please.

Why are all of these guys such dicks? I mean I just went in there under warranty, showed them a noise that my car is making, and they take it out on me. If they're pissed because Acura f'ed up and built a car that makes a lot of annoying noises don't take it out on the customer! It's just amazing. I'm actually considering writing Acura a letter, the more I think about how they treated me.

And it's apparently not just me or you, 97AcuraCL.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by daddydliv
Why are all of these guys such dicks? I mean I just went in there under warranty, showed them a noise that my car is making, and they take it out on me. If they're pissed because Acura f'ed up and built a car that makes a lot of annoying noises don't take it out on the customer! It's just amazing. I'm actually considering writing Acura a letter, the more I think about how they treated me.

And it's apparently not just me or you, 97AcuraCL.
acura will slap them on the wrist. u'll never get any reparations for it.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I know that I can not add anything but I have the same problems with my clutch. I think it's starting to slip. It's real bad when going up a hill from a dead stop. I have 42k miles right now. I plan to take it to the dealer next.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:59 PM
8th Gear

I am experiencing the same thing right now. I have an 05 6mt with 43k right now. I have have driven manuals my whole life and have never had this problem before. Quite dissapointed with the Acura quality right now.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:44 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Just an observation, but having had a Lexus and an Acura, my is that the Lexus employees (salespeople, office staff, service mgrs, techs, etc.) are hired and trained on a customer-service oriented basis. They're selling this to you when you pay thousands of dollars for a Toyota (that's not all you're getting, I understand, it's an excellent luxury car). They've figured out that people judge luxury not just by accessories but by reputation -- how the brand makes you feel.

Acura has decided not to go that route, the dealership experience is more like any non-premium brand and, in part, that's why Acura isn't considered as "premium" as Lexus or Infiniti. On the other hand, the Lexus that is the rough equivalent to the TSX is several thousand dollars more expensive. That's what the market will bear for the perception of quality (which Acura also enjoys) and first-rate lux treatment (which Acura does not).

You get what you pay for in terms of luxury accomodation. The quality issues, alas, are unfortunate but invariably get magnified on forums by the nature of forums. I had both a Toyota Camry and a Lexus ES300 that had niggling problems like window motors and dash lights, little creaks and rattles here or there. The water pump in the Camry fried at about 60,000 mi. and nearly trashed the timing belt. My '86 Accord chewed through two trannies in 150k. My '82 Civic was bulletproof but still needed a clutch around 80k. They both had buzzes/rattles but I think people expected that a little more then than they do now.

Cars are machines, and as we get better at building them they're also getting more complex, so they continue to be prone to malfunction. If you built my '82 Civic using today's manufacturing processes, I'd bet you it would run forever. In a TSX you're getting 83 hp/liter, ABS, yaw control, airbags, eight stereo speakers, electric seats, computer engine mgmt, computer-controlled interior climate, electric seats, electrochromic mirror, electric windows and locks and remote control, and many other geegaws stuffed into a machine with the same basic purpose as that '82 Civic. No wonder the perception is they don't build 'em like they used to. They don't.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Add me to the list of clutch noises. I'm not wondering if it is just the clutch plate glazing the pressue plate.... All I know is, my clutch doesn't slip, but when cold and on a slight incline, it makes this noise. I have 46k miles on my car.

Quick Reply: Clutch creaking/rubbing sound - call for help and note of lament