AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-problems-fixes-128/)
-   -   center console light out (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-problems-fixes-128/center-console-light-out-648145/)

Dan Martin 04-16-2004 08:44 PM

Originally posted by slo007
Even the sad sad TSX threads need a happy happy ending! :angel:
I could go for a happy ending right about now....
:wackit:

PBN˛ 04-19-2004 08:34 PM

Well, I guess I'm waiting just a bit longer to have the center console replaced. I got the call this morning about 40 minutes before my scheduled appointment. "that console is on National backorder. It could be 2 days, it could be 2 months. We just don't know when it will be in. A lot of TSX's have had this happen very recently."

Do I smell a TSB or recall? Hmmmff. I'm pissed though. It completely sucks. Hopefully the dealership will offer some sort of bene's to offset this.

Cheers!

PeeB

no-tsx-for-me 04-19-2004 10:59 PM

Originally posted by PBN˛
Well, I guess I'm waiting just a bit longer to have the center console replaced. "that console is on National backorder. It could be 2 days, it could be 2 months. We just don't know when it will be in. A lot of TSX's have had this happen very recently."

Do I smell a TSB or recall? Hmmmff. I'm pissed though. It completely sucks. Hopefully the dealership will offer some sort of bene's to offset this. PeeB

Sorry for your trouble!!! It took 19 days for mine to come in. When I talked to the supervisor at Acura Client Services, he was mostly concerned that my defroster worked, as that would be a safety issue. Since it did work well, he didn't seem to really care how long it took. He said that Acura had "always" had a problem keeping enough parts in the US for Japanese sourced cars. He told me that if I had a TL, a car built in North America, I wouldn't have this problem. He also said that at that time, there was only 25 cars on the National Backorder list and that wasn't a significant number compared to the total number of TSXs on the road (i.e. no TSB or recall was necessary since it wasn't a very common problem). Of course, we've heard from many here who have had this problem and the fact that they can't seem to keep them in stock says something about how many are broken.

I hope your dealership does something to compensate for the delay, but mine didn't. After the new radio was installed, the service manager had the kahones to tell me to remember that the delay was a corporate Acura problem, not a dealership problem when I filled out the survey about my experience with Acura service.

PBN˛ 04-24-2004 05:42 PM

.....still waiting..... It's been over a week of wait. I have that feeling I've just hit the tip of the iceberg of wait. I love driving this car, but am beginning to hate it without the console functions. Boo fookin Hoo.

no-tsx-for-me 04-25-2004 07:26 PM

Originally posted by PBN˛
.....still waiting..... It's been over a week of wait. I have that feeling I've just hit the tip of the iceberg of wait. I love driving this car, but am beginning to hate it without the console functions. Boo fookin Hoo.

Yes, it really stinks having it broken. It is very nice having it fixed!!! I certainly hope that your wait is over soon.

They must really be having problems with this thing. I was told that 50 of the replacement radios would arrive when mine got here and they had 25 on the waiting list. Well, obviously, they've used all those up almost immediately and now have a backorder situation again.

I just hope that the replacement doesn't do the same thing; 7000-10,000 miles, blink, and dark. I don't want to go through the waiting process and mess again!!!

PBN˛ 04-29-2004 07:44 PM

Acura Corporate called me today. Good news? Hell_no. "Three to six weeks backorder sir." When asked if they were going to compensate me for having to wait that long the answer was a firm "No. If you feel the car is not driveable, contact your purchasing dealership and pursue it with them further." The car is of course driveable...and I wouldn't want it just sitting on their lot for 3 to 6 weeks waiting for the part to come in.

My Acura experience is dwindling. It's been 2 weeks now with this burned out console. Not as long as some of you have waited, but entirely too long in my opinion. This is extreme bull_shit.

Venting,

Peeb

dabuda 04-30-2004 08:03 AM

yeah it suks, i wonder if certain dealerships have priority over other dealerships...my dealer was able to get my console the next day :dunno:

PBN˛ 05-03-2004 08:33 PM

:D

Weird how the world works. Not one full day after talking with the Corporate A-Hole at Acura, I got a voice-mail from my dealer saying the console had shipped. ?? :huh:

So, today I stopped in to get a shipment arrival date, and no shit it was already there. And, hey! We'll put it in your vehicle while you're conveniently here sir. Less than an hour later I drove outta there with the new console installed. Flawless. Beautiful. Shedding tears of joy. --ok, well not real tears.

Hopefully this one makes it a little longer than 8K miles. It's a brand new unit, not a refurb. Fookin A.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers.

dabuda 05-03-2004 10:01 PM

good to hear it was that simple...weird how acura service works sometimes, one day its a total nightmare, next day everything runs flawless

dkjaydee 05-09-2004 05:53 PM

Center console problem resolved

Just to f/up on my previous post. I had to wait about 2 weeks for my center console replacement. The delearship took about a couple of hours to replace it and gave me a loaner TSX to drive. It was a good experience at the dealer and everything has been great since then.

I hope everyone deos not have to wait long to get their replacement part & this problem gets to be well known so the dealership don't act like they have never heard about it. As my dealer told me, there is a TSB on it out there.

dabuda 05-09-2004 07:47 PM

thats good...i wonder what the TSB says? replace entire center console? i wonder if they refurbished the old ones

Dan Martin 05-09-2004 09:06 PM

No official TSB's yet....
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/01/04013446.html

flopez82 05-12-2004 08:21 PM

guys sorry to say but i too have just joined this list. It happened about a week ago and tommorow thursday im taking it in cause the radio came in. I was starting to get mad. I bought my tsx preowned with 4k miles and the first day i got it the radio lights died. what a bummer. anyways hopefully morrow my shit will be fixed

dabuda 05-13-2004 01:13 PM

sorry to hear, hopefully should be a quick fix...at least you didnt have to wait too long

flopez82 05-13-2004 02:08 PM

dude this is awsome i got my radio lights back :D and it only took a week total. :dunno: what happen to the other dealers taking like 6 weeks but my shit was kinda quick. im so :D . glad to be out of this post lol laters

ecsw 05-14-2004 06:00 PM

Hahaha.... never realize so many ppl are having the same problem. :p

Guess I still have a long wait for this, I just took it to dealer 2 days ago. Hope I can get it replaced soon.

Hmmm.... I had the rattle problem (not serious) but it fixed by itself. I have the lights out problem and waiting for the console to be ordered. I wonder what's the next? :p

DJSKI 05-17-2004 06:34 PM

Well I would also like to add another car to the list. I purchased my TSX in Va Beach and now live in Pittsburgh PA We also were having some issues with the brakes. The steering wheel would shake when applying the brakes. Well after talking to the wonderful people at SMAIL Acura in Greensburg they replaced the radio and replace the the rotors and brake pads. They even through in a loaner car unitil repairs were done. They also said if it was an in convienence they would drive the car to our house when it was finished. OUTSTANDING Customer Service..

dabuda 05-17-2004 08:14 PM

great to hear everything went smooth DJSKI :thumbsup:

cdlogan 05-19-2004 12:14 PM

I must be blind. I got the console lighting issue last month, and came here to see if anyone else had posted about this issue. Didn't see this thread at all; maybe I shouldn't be driving. :eek:

Long story short, lights went out, took it to the dealer, who took two days to diagnose the problem and another two to get the console replacement in. Fixed. While it was there, I also had them fix a creaking noise coming from the gear shift plate that had been bothering me. In addition, they happened to notice a rock chip on the hood and gave me a bottle of touch up paint, which I thought was a nice detail on their part.

Wolfpack_TSX_22 05-20-2004 07:45 AM

Well, last night I joined the ranks of no center console light. I hoped in my car and started to drive and noticed it felt a little darker than usual. And sure enough, the damn @#$% thing was out.

So today I call the dealer to try and see how long to get it fixed. Thank you to all you guys who have suffered through this before me. I definately have some ammo if the service manager wants to try and fix it rather than replace it.

Wish me luck!

Wolfpack_TSX_22 05-20-2004 05:18 PM

UPDATE: Talked to the dealer today and there gonna look at my car on Monday and give me a loaner if they have one back or rent me a car if they don't. I explained to him that many people had been having the problem and the only known solution was to replace it so I have my fingers crossed.

forgottenchild 05-25-2004 12:50 PM

been there, done that...

Bought my car May 2003. Have about 58000 Km now...
My center console went out in February...
It was just the buttons on the console...
CD display and Temperature display was ok...
They replaced my stereo...
It was fine until last week...it went out AGAIN!!
This time...the whole console went out...
They told me it was the clock this time...(after 2 hour inspection)
This morning I waited another two hours to get it replaced...
It still doesn't work...and they don't know why...
Service manager told me there is another guy at the dealer with the same problem...
I'm starting to get really annoyed...
PLUS my alignement is screwed up also...
What is wrong with these cars????

dabuda 05-25-2004 01:44 PM

nothing, first year out? in US anyways...i had both the same problems you have, alignments and center console out, and dealership fixed them both under warranty...good luck

MBirnbaum 05-28-2004 02:44 PM

This is my first time posting.
I am so glad that this resource is here and want to thank those who add their knowledge. My center console lights started blinking for about 3 days and then died. I saw that other folks on the list were having similar problems and knew that I would have to take the car in. Before getting around to making an appointment, my clock and climate control lights also went out. So, while everything functioned, it was difficult to use. Took it in Tuesday morning and got it back Thursday at 5 pm. The dealership said they had never seen this before and had to work with ACURA headquarters. The techs forgot to take the CD’s out of the stereo before replacing it and says ACURA will mail them back to the dealership when they take them out. Also, the top storage door no longer opens at a controlled pace and instead flies open. I assume they just didn’t attach something properly. Will get it taken care of at my next oil change.

Finally, I now have some minor scuffmarks on the plastic material next to the center console and 4-5 very small ‘pry’ marks on the aluminum pieces. It looks like they had to work to get the stereo out and back in. Because it is all plastic, I don’t think either can be buffed out. Has anyone else had a similar experience and/or a

miner 05-29-2004 08:47 AM

Originally posted by MBirnbaum
This is my first time posting.
I am so glad that this resource is here and want to thank those who add their knowledge. My center console lights started blinking for about 3 days and then died. I saw that other folks on the list were having similar problems and knew that I would have to take the car in. Before getting around to making an appointment, my clock and climate control lights also went out. So, while everything functioned, it was difficult to use. Took it in Tuesday morning and got it back Thursday at 5 pm. The dealership said they had never seen this before and had to work with ACURA headquarters. The techs forgot to take the CD’s out of the stereo before replacing it and says ACURA will mail them back to the dealership when they take them out. Also, the top storage door no longer opens at a controlled pace and instead flies open. I assume they just didn’t attach something properly. Will get it taken care of at my next oil change.

Finally, I now have some minor scuffmarks on the plastic material next to the center console and 4-5 very small ‘pry’ marks on the aluminum pieces. It looks like they had to work to get the stereo out and back in. Because it is all plastic, I don’t think either can be buffed out. Has anyone else had a similar experience and/or a

Have them replace all trim pieces that were damaged. They replaced mine that were damaged when my seat rails were replaced.

Dan Martin 06-06-2004 12:20 AM

Well add me to the list... :'(

I was out for nice drive in the country today listening to the radio, I stopped to get gas, got back in the car and no lights. I'm taking it in next week. Wish me luck!

joedokes 06-07-2004 05:38 PM

Add me to the list of people who are pissed off about having a crappy console. I was driving along today when all of a sudden I see a plume of SMOKE coming out of one of the center vents. So I immediately pulled over and checked the car to see if anything was on fire. After about ten minutes I decided that everything was ok and since I was only a mile from home I would drive home and give acura a call. when I turned the car back on all of the center console lights (clock, radio, and heating controlls) were out. I was really nervous after seeing the smoke but now I am just pissed because I have a faulty stereo. :pissed: :pissed:

dabuda 06-07-2004 07:48 PM

wow, sorry to hear dan and joe...hopefully theres not a long wait for these anymore

jlukja 06-08-2004 09:48 AM

Is this problem predominant on Navi, or non-navi models, or does it make any difference?

dabuda 06-08-2004 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jlukja
Is this problem predominant on Navi, or non-navi models, or does it make any difference?

so far, 99% of the problems are with non-navi...only heard one case with navi

blaCk 06-08-2004 06:31 PM

i only have a minor problem, my center console is fine but my passenger seat heat switch is off

could it be a fuse problem?

Dan Martin 06-08-2004 06:41 PM

Does the seat still get warm or is the switch completely dead?

If the switch is dead, it might have just come unplugged. The plug is right underneath it so you could just plug it back in.

dzuy 06-09-2004 04:10 PM

my center console light went out a few weeks back too, the dealer ordered the wrong radio, had to wait another two weeks. finally got it fixed, took a total of one month

blaCk 06-09-2004 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Does the seat still get warm or is the switch completely dead?

If the switch is dead, it might have just come unplugged. The plug is right underneath it so you could just plug it back in.

yea the seat still works fine, just the light on the switch is off

Dan Martin 06-10-2004 08:24 AM

Well that should be a quick fix. The dealer should have the switches in stock and it's just a matter of unclipping the old one and clipping in the new one. 5 minute job.

Mokos23 06-12-2004 12:27 AM

is this problem for the navi or non-navi TSX?

oso 06-15-2004 09:15 AM

Mark me down as another one with the console light problem. Only had 2400 miles on my car when it happened too. I talked to the service adviser yesterday and he said he's seen a few other TSXs with the problem already, so he knew right away that he had to order me a new radio. It was nice that I didn't have to bring the car in to have them "diagnose" the problem. He said it should only take a couple days to get the part and a couple hours to install. We'll see.

dabuda 06-15-2004 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by dzuy
my center console light went out a few weeks back too, the dealer ordered the wrong radio, had to wait another two weeks. finally got it fixed, took a total of one month

damn ur dealer sucks! i had mine replaced in a week

:D

moda_way 06-16-2004 07:29 AM

Mark me down as well. Just turn 15k and the car is a year old. Center console went out. Service guy said I had to wait a week to get a loaner. I'm thinking, if he'll just check it out and tell me he'll order the part, I'll just drive the car until the part arrives.

Looks like my service folks are very interested in getting my TSX fixed as he said they would overnight my part for me.

yuri2i 06-16-2004 10:12 AM

Is this problem with the center consol lights out includes the navigation systems screen or all your cars without navi ?