a/c won't blow

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:17 PM
TXSTATE BOBCATS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a/c won't blow

So I just bought my 04 TSX used a couple of weeks ago from a dealership. Everything seems perfect. Although, today I hit a problem. My a/c doesn't work. The a/c panel powers on but it does not blow anything. It doesn't blow cold air, hot air, nothing. No stream of air is coming from the vents. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did it work before you left the dealer? I mean, you did check the AC before you bought the car right?

Could be the condenser, though I dont know if that would prevent any air at all from coming out...
Old 07-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If you're getting no air delivery, I'd check fuse 21 in the underhood fusebox first. Otherwise you've either got a bad blower relay, dead blower motor, bad blower transistor, bad HVAC control, or open somewhere in the wiring between. If you have a manual and some basic electrical knowledge, it should be easy to track down. Otherwise, take it back to where you bought it.....and no way does the condenser have anything to do with inside air delivery.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by joerockt
Did it work before you left the dealer? I mean, you did check the AC before you bought the car right?

Could be the condenser, though I dont know if that would prevent any air at all from coming out...

Doesn't sound like to condenser as the condensier only help to generate cold wind and the rest like the heat or even just the fan may function without the condenser.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:55 AM
TXSTATE BOBCATS

I looked at the fuse, and it looks bigger than a normal one. Do you think places like autozone would carry it, or do i have to go to the dealer?
Old 07-22-2006, 01:38 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by lancer
So I just bought my 04 TSX used a couple of weeks ago from a dealership. Everything seems perfect. Although, today I hit a problem. My a/c doesn't work. The a/c panel powers on but it does not blow anything. It doesn't blow cold air, hot air, nothing. No stream of air is coming from the vents. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
I just sold my 04 TSX for an 06. I have had that problem in the past and fixed it by playing with the buttons and turning it on and back off. I know there is a recall on the stereo, which was replaced in mine and fixed the problem, in the 04 model and most Hondas have associated electrical with the stereo and other parts of the car. This could be the problem. Not sure.....
FYI, I traded in my 04 because my air conditioning compressor Blew up. I live in Phoenix and i guess it could not take the 115 Degree with the cooling at 65.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:15 PM
TXSTATE BOBCATS

well, its not a fuse, its actually a relay. It might not be that, because the compressor should stick kick on and off if I toggle the on/off switch to the ac, and it doesnt do that. Im just going to take it into the dealer.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Professional SLACKER

If its still under warranty bring them to the dealer... They'll take care of it for you....
Old 07-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
well, its not a fuse, its actually a relay. It might not be that, because the compressor should stick kick on and off if I toggle the on/off switch to the ac, and it doesnt do that. Im just going to take it into the dealer.
The climate control unit actually receives a feedback signal from the blower motor, so if the blower is inop, the compressor will not engage either.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

My A/C Conked Out Too

Same thing happened to my 2002 TL (88,000 mi) yesterday. Checked the fuses, saw no problems there. The dealer's service area can't get me in until next Wednesday. Forecasted high for Sunday is 100. And this is Minneapolis for God's sake. I'm calling Al Gore to see what he knows about Acuras. (After all, he did invent the internet and of course now is an expert on global warming.) Anyway, hope the warranty covers this, but I doubt it.

Hot Under The Collar In Minnesota
Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Intermediate

Unhappy blower motor circuit problem

I have the same problem... the HVAC just died on my 04 TSX 5AT this week...
the control panel is OK and it was replaced about a year ago under warranty...
I played with all the control buttons to no avail... the blower doesn't work and the compressor doesn't start either...
but I have the TSX service manual and there's a self-diagnosis test for the HVAC system on pages 21-9 & 21-10...
I ran the test and it returned error code N which means a
"problem in the blower motor circuit" and the procedure to fix it is on page 21-41...
I checked 2 fuses per the manual and they were OK...
so now it's to the dealer as I don't have an OBD-II DTC reader...
I hope it's a relay or a blown motor and not the "black death"...
I will let you know...
Old 07-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jprovostla
I have the same problem... the HVAC just died on my 04 TSX 5AT this week...
the control panel is OK and it was replaced about a year ago under warranty...
I played with all the control buttons to no avail... the blower doesn't work and the compressor doesn't start either...
but I have the TSX service manual and there's a self-diagnosis test for the HVAC system on pages 21-9 & 21-10...
I ran the test and it returned error code N which means a
"problem in the blower motor circuit" and the procedure to fix it is on page 21-41...
I checked 2 fuses per the manual and they were OK...
so now it's to the dealer as I don't have an OBD-II DTC reader...
I hope it's a relay or a blown motor and not the "black death"...
I will let you know...
================================================== ====
the Honda dealer diagnosed a faulty transistor in the blower and replaced it for $350... the HVAC is working very well now...