brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008 | 11:25 PM
Cruisin'

brakes

i only have 4500 miles on my (2007)car and my brakes go very low before it starts stopping..i'm not a crazy driver, i only probably braked really hard twice. does anybody know what's wrong? i still have brake fluid. is it possibly break dust problem? does nebody know? thanks.
Old 02-09-2008 | 01:07 PM
Cruisin'

Very likely that you have low pad material. Have you replaced any of the brakes yet? 45k is alot for original brake pads.
Old 02-09-2008 | 01:20 PM
Cruisin'

True, but 4.5k isn't. Have your brake system checked out.
Old 02-09-2008 | 04:27 PM
Cruisin'

oops i thought it said 45k. sorry for the confusion. yeah definately have the brakes checked at the dealer if the brakes feel that low
Old 02-10-2008 | 11:25 PM
Cruisin'

hi guys..thanks for replying..i took my car into service at 1145 am..he said it will take a couple of hours..then i call them at 4pm to see when my car was gonna be ready and they call me back about half hour later saying that they did my oil change but they have to order a break part for me..i don't know why they didn't let me know earlier..i personally think that it's because they were too busy and they didn't have time to work on my car on Friday evening that's why i got a loaner for the weekend..i just hope they fix everything..that is pretty dangerous..first he said that my breaks was shot then when i asked him if it was dangerous he changed the story to...oh no..it something little...well hopefully waranty takes care of that..

anybody know about the lemon law? if i have the same problem for 4 more times do they really pay me back the value of the car? i feel really ripped off cuz i bought a brand new "better name brand" car cuz i didn't want to deal with this kind of stuff..disappointed!
Old 05-10-2008 | 09:59 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by babieTSX
hi guys..thanks for replying..i took my car into service at 1145 am..he said it will take a couple of hours..then i call them at 4pm to see when my car was gonna be ready and they call me back about half hour later saying that they did my oil change but they have to order a break part for me..i don't know why they didn't let me know earlier..i personally think that it's because they were too busy and they didn't have time to work on my car on Friday evening that's why i got a loaner for the weekend..i just hope they fix everything..that is pretty dangerous..first he said that my breaks was shot then when i asked him if it was dangerous he changed the story to...oh no..it something little...well hopefully waranty takes care of that..

anybody know about the lemon law? if i have the same problem for 4 more times do they really pay me back the value of the car? i feel really ripped off cuz i bought a brand new "better name brand" car cuz i didn't want to deal with this kind of stuff..disappointed!
No worries, Honda OEM brakes suck. I use aftermarket- Monroe or bendix Ceramics. I used to work at a aprts store and notice some improved quality in aftermarket products, not just high performance. Personally I NEVER take my car to teh dealer unless it's a grave issue which requires specific diagnostics. A good mechanic can diagnose a problem. Dealers just happen to see the same car over and over but charge a fat premium for services. Not for me. But you should be ok. Brakes are wear & tear and probably not covered. Keep a can of disc brake spray and spray tehe brakes in the summer occassionally. cleans the dust off
Old 05-21-2008 | 02:05 PM
Banned

Thumbs up you are the best