Bottomed Out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 11:11 PM
kai!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bottomed Out!

Well...I ordered my TEIN Basic kit from Mr. Heeltoe and needless to say his customer service was superb (without his help I could not have done the install myself!) and the install was a success. However a very sad thing happened soon after I installed the kit - the very same night. I was driving in a dark neighborhood near where I lived and I took a wrong turn trying to get to a friend's house and I apparently ended up near a park. It was dark as hell since there was almost no light outside except my headlights trying to help me find my way back. I was driving the speed limit - about 30 - and didn't realize that there was a huge fatass speed bump randomly placed on the street. BAM! I bottomed out pretty hard and started hearing a dragging noise. I stopped and took out a flashlight from my car and looked underneath the car to see the damage my poor car took. Nothing happened to the frame or the body of the car except the plastic air diffuser underneath was dragging! I tucked that sucker back in, but it was kind of scrapped up so I knew it wasn't going to stay secured. Sure enough I was driving it today and I heard it come back out and its dragging yet again.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the plastic underbody air diffusers with pictures? I plan on replacing the broken parts now because I would hate for the aerodynamics to be affected by this mess.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 PM
kai!

no one knows the part number for the plastic under the car? i tried to look on acuraoemparts.com with the pictures and part numbers but i couldnt find it anywhere.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
If it's not, "SPOILER, FR. BUMPER AIR", #71110-SEA-013, I have no idea what it is.

I went to acuraoemparts and looked at the pic for the front bumper & related parts...pretty easy to do. if the part you need isn't shown that pic, i'd suggest you visit your dealer and ask them; at least they'd be able to actually see the part that needs to be replaced.

by the way -- i selected the 2006 TSX.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by n1ke5h
no one knows the part number for the plastic under the car? i tried to look on acuraoemparts.com with the pictures and part numbers but i couldnt find it anywhere.
really, its right in there w/ bumper

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no
Old 01-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by xizor
really, its right in there w/ bumper

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

As an FYI, the oemacuraparts.com link above points to the '04; OP has an '06. The part numbers, and even the descriptions, are different (although they may very well be the same part(s) in the end).
Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
kai!

No, those aren't the parts...but I don't blame you guys for thinking they were since I went back and actually looked at how bad my description was. Thanks for your help though! I think I may have actually found it though finally. I'm thinking it's one of the parts from "Front Fenders" (totally skipped it thinking the under air spoiler-diffuser thingy had nothing to do with the fenders), part number 74111-SEC-A00, or something attached to it. I'm at work right now so I can't look to make sure right now, but I'll post again in case someone may have the same problem in the future.