Alignment off from the get go???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment off from the get go???

Hey there everyone

I'm a proud new owner of a 2005 TSX Auto non-navi...

I got it on Saturday 4/2 and been driving it for a week. I have been noticing traveling back and forth to work, on straight aways on the highways the car is REALLY drifting left. I called the dealer and they told me it's the curvature of the road because I was riding the left lane. Well I switched to the middle and right and it continues to drift. I can't notice as much on back roads at lower speeds also because they wind all over the place...

Should I take it to be looked at. I feel really bad having to take it after only a week of owning the car...... Please I learned from my last car, 85% of the time I took it for something to be looked at, they told me they couldn't duplicate it and the car was operating at specs.

Can someone give me advice?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Git er Done!!

I would bring it in to the dealer and tell them to check the alignment. Seeing that you've only had the car for barely a week there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Pro

Have the tire pressure checked. I experienced the same exact thing.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:56 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with both posts, alignment and check the tire pressure. The TSX should track straight as an arrow, particularly when new.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
An "alignment check" at the dealer should be free. The only time they should charge you is if the alignment is actually off and they have to do the alignment. But seeing as your car is brand new. They should charge you since the car should be within spec when you buy it.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Luke 1:37

I was also wondering if you lower your car and you go into get an alignment, what do you tell the people? Are these the information that I should tell them before I have it aligned:

1. I have the Rear Ingalls Camber Kit Installed
2. I have the car lowered a little over 1.5" in the front and 1.25" in the rear with Neuspeed Koni Yellow Shocks and Neuspeed Sport Springs
3. I would like the car to be back to stock TSX camber spec

Do I need to tell them any of this information? Or will they just look at the stock camber spec and make sure that it is at that setting?

Any recommendations on places to get my alignment done? I was thinking that I'll take it to Direct Tire to get done.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by virtualbong
I was also wondering if you lower your car and you go into get an alignment, what do you tell the people? Are these the information that I should tell them before I have it aligned:

2. I have the car lowered a little over 1.5" in the front and 1.25" in the rear with Neuspeed Koni Yellow Shocks and Neuspeed Sport Springs

Do I need to tell them any of this information? Or will they just look at the stock camber spec and make sure that it is at that setting?

Any recommendations on places to get my alignment done? I was thinking that I'll take it to Direct Tire to get done.
nah, they should be smarter enough to know to 1) put it to stock and 2) how to do it. there's no way to adjust rear camber, so they'll definately use your camber kit to do it.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by virtualbong

Max factory allowable is -1.5, but you may want to shoot for less than that, say -1.0, which will keep tire wear to a minimum. Bring your Ingalls instructions so they understand how the toe and camber adjustment works on that setup. And when you get it home, double check all the Ingalls locknuts to be sure they're tight.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Git er Done!!

I actually wouldn't want my car to be aligned to exact factory specs....I hate having positive camber in the front...I would want some negetive camber up front to help with handling....I had over -1.5 degrees camber in the front on my GSR and I never had any tire wear problems. I'm almost to the point of buying front and rear camber kits for my stock suspension so I can dial in the camber that I want, about -1.0 degree in the front and about the same in the rear.