Alert Beep Slow / Inconsistent

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 08:15 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alert Beep Slow / Inconsistent

I have a 2007 TSX with a bit of an odd one. The alert signal when you first put the keys in the ignition and beeps to remind you about your seat belt seems very slow and inconsistent. A few years ago when I first put your keys in, it use to make four short beeps followed by about a 1 sec pause. Now the beeps are inconsistent, a single beep can be several seconds long the next may be really short. Every time I put the keys in, it's a little different. My first thought was my battery was about to go, but this has been going on for over a year, and it doesn't seem to be slow to start.

Any ideas?
Old 09-05-2017, 07:45 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it seems to have gotten a bit worse. Now my odometer seems intermittent. The last few times, trip gauge recorded mileage for the first few miles, then stopped working. All the other gauges still worked but the average speed, and average mpg's began to drop. After around 10 miles or so it started to work again. I'm thinking the two may be related. I noticed the inconsistent beep is gone/normal in the afternoons when I leave work (interior is hot) and the odometer worked normally the whole time. In the mornings, cool interior, the beep is inconsistent and the odometer was acting up.

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the ICU that sits behind the fuse box? I'd like to see the circuit for the VSS, instrument cluster, and ICU where the door chime is. Any help would be appreciated.