Air filter housing

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Air filter housing

Hi everyone, I have a 2004 TSX and last year I had the air filter changed at the dealership. A couple of weeks ago, I was getting oil change/service at a local facility and they were going to go ahead and change the air filter at that time.

However - they told me that if they take the housing off it will break because evidently two of the screws had been over-tightened by whoever changed it last. They told me if I want to order it and come back in, they'll replace it for free.

I felt the dealership should be responsible for the cost, but I can't get in there during the day anytime soon and they're closed in the evenings and on Sundays, so I called them and they said they will pay me for the cost of the housing if I order it. (They are way too high!)

But - I've called three local supply stores and they can't order it.

Has anyone here had to replace the housing and if so, where did you get it and what's the average cost?

THANKS!
Old 07-14-2017, 10:00 AM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Suggest using car-part.com (air cleaner assembly) to find used part w/o broken screws and install yourself, or pay someone to install. Easy fix.

good
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (07-14-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Suggest using car-part.com (air cleaner assembly) to find used part w/o broken screws and install yourself, or pay someone to install. Easy fix.

good

Hi and thanks.

Unfortunately, there is nothing listed there for this part. I looked for air cleaner assembly or housing, air filter housing, etc. and nothing comes up. Hoped it would be on Amazon, but nothing there either.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Drifting

Search for "air box/air cleaner".

Ebay is another source: 2004 Acura TSX Airbox Air Cleaner System OEM LOWER | eBay

Ever heard of google?

good luck
Old 07-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Search for "air box/air cleaner".

Ebay is another source: 2004 Acura TSX Airbox Air Cleaner System OEM LOWER eBay

Ever heard of google?

good luck

You know what, I posted here to get some friendly feedback from posters who might have had to order this particular part and could direct me to a good, reputable source - not some crappy used parts on ebay which YES, I found and would NOT order because I would not trust ebay for car parts.

I also hoped to get some feedback about the actual replacement and assumed other TSX owners might chime in about that.

I did NOT come to here to get some smartass reply asking if I've ever heard of Google, which I probably was using long before you were.

So in a bit, I will delete my original post since no one here seems to want to really help me without being said smartass.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:15 AM
Drifting

You said you didn't want OEM parts (too high). There are no aftermarket new parts for this which leaves used parts which I supplied.

good luck
Old 07-16-2017, 12:35 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd go on craigslist to see if there's an 04 or 05 being parted out.