2006 TSX Power Window Failure

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2006 TSX Power Window Failure

2006 Acura TSX - The Divers Window control switch works fine but all the other window switches, Master control at drivers side, Passenger front, Passenger rear and Drive rear stopped working at the same time. If you try to operate the failed switches, there is a clicking noise at the switch / window. What is happening?

Thanks,

Chris Martinez
Old 07-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you press the child lockout button? That will prevent the other 3 windows from operating even from the drivers door.

Did you check the fuses for each power window?
Old 10-18-2018, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

This just happened to my 2008 TSX

Originally Posted by metco-usa
2006 Acura TSX - The Divers Window control switch works fine but all the other window switches, Master control at drivers side, Passenger front, Passenger rear and Drive rear stopped working at the same time. If you try to operate the failed switches, there is a clicking noise at the switch / window. What is happening?

Thanks,

Chris Martinez
The entire window/lock control module needs to be replaced. More than likely it’s a bad contact that controls the other three windows and they’re not getting enough power to move but they are getting enough to make the “click” and try to. I picked up a used one on eBay for $40, took 5 mins to install. No door disassembly recquired, take a panel popper or butter knife and pop the clips in and up (look at the one you’re about to install for clip locations) then drop the new one in. Just have to reprogram the key fob to the car locks which will be in the manual or online.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:23 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Sean Gaunt

The entire window/lock control module needs to be replaced. More than likely it’s a bad contact that controls the other three windows and they’re not getting enough power to move but they are getting enough to make the “click” and try to. I picked up a used one on eBay for $40, took 5 mins to install. No door disassembly recquired, take a panel popper or butter knife and pop the clips in and up (look at the one you’re about to install for clip locations) then drop the new one in. Just have to reprogram the key fob to the car locks which will be in the manual or online.
I don't know if replacement is necessary to get the windows working but I literally replaced my cluster/module today because my keyless entry failed. It IS a quick swap and solved my issues. (Just posted about it too)
Old 01-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If the drivers door control is broken will the key fob unlock button held down for 3 seconds drop all 4 windows? I tested this and it dropped all the windows and now I can only raise the drivers window Going to be a chilly ride this week until I can fix mine.

Last edited by Firering; 01-07-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:11 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Firering
If the drivers door control is broken will the key fob unlock button held down for 3 seconds drop all 4 windows? I tested this and it dropped all the windows and now I can only raise the drivers window Going to be a chilly ride this week until I can fix mine.
I didn’t even know you could do this with the fob lol. Get a replacement control cluster from eBay. It fixed all the problems I was having.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah it's a great way to drop all the windows quickly especially on a hot summer day.
Old 03-12-2023, 05:55 PM
2nd Gear

Reprogramming of keyfob

Originally Posted by Sean Gaunt

I replaced my driver window switch but was a used one from a buddy of mine he has a accord that is same setup he has a brand new one that the board looked a lil different more modem kinda but unfortunately it wouldn’t do anything on my car but exactly same thing I mean it worked windows but none of my locks would work with key fob.

but my question is I put the used one in he had that worked fine he had it in it accord that’s what we took it out of only because he recently found the brand new one at junk yard it was in glove box of a car still in it’s box with receipt so he said if I swapped his out I could take old one that worked perfect in his car now I install it into my 2008 Acura TSX and everything works except the keyless unlocki have reprogrammed the keyfob multiple different time and still same thang the lock the panic the truck all of that works just fine but the unlock does not work I have to use my key to unlock the door and then hit unlock on door to unlock the rest of the car….

I thought maybe it was a bad switch.
However I unplug it and thenI plugged it back into his accord except of course I had to switch the lil black keyless entry control box that connects to window switch once we changed it and put it back into his car everything works flawlessly but back in mine I cannot unlock my doors with key fob but everything eles works just fine.
so I am having to deal with this issue because I had no windows working except the drive door and that’s annoying when your a smoker you friends smoke as well because they are either getting ashes on your floor or door or console and then they wanna try to put them out in something and they stink bad or they use a bottle to put them in that’s nasty I need someone to help me please tell me if I am just doing something wrong or if maybe this window switch could be ba as well.
thanks Mike not Moke was a typo but haven’t been able to change it yet