Virtualbong Debadged and M3 Trunk Lip *** NO 56K ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virtualbong Debadged and M3 Trunk Lip *** NO 56K ***

Well, I brought my car in for service today and they washed it up (though they freakin' scratched my car, but they said they will buff it out the next time I bring the car in), so I decided to take some pics of my car currently.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lookin' good VB!

I like the M3 lip spoiler. Where did you buy it, and how much was it?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:34 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
car is looking good

damn dealers
Old 05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Ooooh clean!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Lookin' good VB!

I like the M3 lip spoiler. Where did you buy it, and how much was it?
$85 painted and shipped on Ebay. PM me if you want the Ebay seller.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never let your dealer, or anyone else for that matter wash your car! We've gone over that here before...

Looks good man!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
$85 painted and shipped on Ebay. PM me if you want the Ebay seller.
Thanks VB. I'm still debating on which spoiler to get. I don't like how the OEM spoiler looks in pics from certain angles, but everytime I see a TSX with it on the road it looks hot.

I will definitely let you know if I need the seller info. $85 is a damn good deal.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:32 PM
My Love & My Life

Originally Posted by Tsx536
...I don't like how the OEM spoiler looks in pics from certain angles, but everytime I see a TSX with it on the road it looks hot.
precisely!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:34 PM
My Love & My Life

damn, i gotta see your car in person. next tuesday am coming.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by JPL530i
damn, i gotta see your car in person. next tuesday am coming.
Lets hope its a nice day, maybe get a little photoshoot at the cinema next door. You bringing the little one?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

looks amazing - i'm a fan of your work
Old 05-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
your car keeps getting better and better virtualbong
Old 05-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Slippy maybe...

Simple and clean... just the way I'd do my TSX too.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Registered Abuser

For Christ sake VB, take that damn Herb Connolly license plate frame off of your car.

Other than that, your car is stunning, I really like the Volcanos.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Banned

VB, does the ebay seller sell all spoilers painted for that price, or did you manage to find a used painted black one on ebay?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

looks good bong. very clean - black w/ gunmetal.

i'm still waiting for a black tsx with gold wheels tho.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Apex Clipper

Lookin good man! Have you thought about blacking out/black chroming your emblems and chrome trim on the hood and bumper? I think that would look hot!
I black chromed my rear emblem, just haven't put it on yet...
Old 05-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Burning Brakes

i tried to get the same thing done but the shop wouldn't do it coz they couldn't guarantee the paint would stick to the surface. How did your emblem turn out?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Apex Clipper

Originally Posted by Chris_F
i tried to get the same thing done but the shop wouldn't do it coz they couldn't guarantee the paint would stick to the surface. How did your emblem turn out?
It turned out nice! Just wet sand the chrome, spray on the black paint, and a layer or two of clear coat.

I've had my bumper trim (around my grill) done for about 7 months with no problems...

Here's the emblem...
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-06-2005, 02:26 AM
Apex Clipper

Not the best pic. It's sorta out of focus...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Eeyore
For Christ sake VB, take that damn Herb Connolly license plate frame off of your car.

Other than that, your car is stunning, I really like the Volcanos.
LOL, find me a better license plate frame. What should I get?

Originally Posted by loxllxol
VB, does the ebay seller sell all spoilers painted for that price, or did you manage to find a used painted black one on ebay?
He sells these trunk lips brand new painted. He only lists certain colors, but I'm sure you could email the guy to see if he'll do other colors as well.

Originally Posted by canyonball
Lookin good man! Have you thought about blacking out/black chroming your emblems and chrome trim on the hood and bumper? I think that would look hot!
I black chromed my rear emblem, just haven't put it on yet...
I haven't thought about it. I like the chrome, but I'd be interested to see what this looks like on your car and see if it would look nice on my black as well.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I can't wait to show it off at the Massachusetts Meet next Saturday (05/14/05) at F1 Boston in Braintree.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Just dial 1911

How about no frame at all...
Old 05-06-2005, 12:14 PM
04 remembrance

My favorite mods, welcome to the club
Old 05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
My Love & My Life

Lets hope its a nice day, maybe get a little photoshoot at the cinema next door. You bringing the little one?

last i checked, it'll be in the 70's. yeah, he's coming too perhaps, you can teach him how to say "acura" in tawainese
Old 05-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by JPL530i
last i checked, it'll be in the 70's. yeah, he's coming too perhaps, you can teach him how to say "acura" in tawainese
If I knew Taiwanese, I would, but since I'm not Taiwanese nor do I speak it, that'd be a problem, LOL

I'm Chinese though, so here's "acura" in Chinese, "acura", LOL.

Alright, we'll do a little photoshoot next Tuesday during my lunch break. Give me a call when you're heading over.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:15 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Looks really nice and clean man, love those rims
Old 05-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car looks good VB! I like it!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys!

btw. you guys really like the M3 Trunk Lip huh? I've gotten like 10+ PMs about it, LOL
Old 05-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Registered Abuser

Either no frame at all, a black one, or a gunmetal color one (may be hard to find) to match the wheels. Maybe its just me, but I hate the idea of a dealer whoring up my car for free advertising. The "Ron Bouchards Acura of Auburn" sticky thing was off of my car about 2.2 minutes after I pulled into my driveway. Thankfully it came off easily.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Either no frame at all, a black one, or a gunmetal color one (may be hard to find) to match the wheels. Maybe its just me, but I hate the idea of a dealer whoring up my car for free advertising. The "Ron Bouchards Acura of Auburn" sticky thing was off of my car about 2.2 minutes after I pulled into my driveway. Thankfully it came off easily.
I'll look on Ebay to see if there are any nice license plates that I can sport. Maybe get it in before the meet
Old 05-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Virtual, this is a fellow NHB owner from eastern Massachusetts saying the car looks great. The Volcanos were an excellent choice, and to these eyes, the lowering is spot-on. Even though I've had my TSX for a year and a half and 20K miles, I haven't been able to pull the trigger on a body kit and/or lip spoiler purchase. I won't bother tossing out my opinions of the OEM and Euro kits here, but since the M3 lip spoiler is a new addition to your car, I guess it's appropriate to comment on that. When I've looked at the M3 pix various members have posted, I've thought the spoilers just weren't quite big enough. Cosmetically semi-insignificant. I know I'm not alone in wishing that Acura would produce the lip spoiler that was on the A-Spec concept. The size looked just right -- about the same size as the OEM spoiler for the TL. (I guess the Phase spoiler was very similar; too bad it's no longer available.) The M3 you got appears a bit smaller than that, but it's big enough to be a cosmetic plus. (I realize that it may be basically the same size as the M3's in those other photos I saw, but in your pix it LOOKS slightly bigger.)
I agree with others that letting the dealer wash your car simply isn't worth the risk. Also let me echo the opinion on the dealer license plate frame: it's got to go. I recommend buying a black powder-coated frame from AutoSport.
AutoSportCatalog.com
I think the cost, $29.95, is pretty reasonable, given the quality. I've had mine for about 10 years -- not all that time on this car, obviously -- and the frame itself has held up very well. The Lexan plate shield that fits inside the frame gradually yellowed and became hazy with fine scratches, but I just replaced it ($8.95 from AutoSport.)
I'd been wondering when and where the MA meet was going to be held. Now that I've got the date and location from your earlier post, I just need to know the time. I might be able to be there.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:08 PM
JDM whore in training

Aww shiet.. look at my twin!.. Heheh
Old 05-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If I knew Taiwanese, I would, but since I'm not Taiwanese nor do I speak it, that'd be a problem, LOL

I'm Chinese though, so here's "acura" in Chinese, "acura", LOL.

Alright, we'll do a little photoshoot next Tuesday during my lunch break. Give me a call when you're heading over.
It's not "Acura".
Acura in Chinese is "Ac-u-ra".
You have to annunciate all 3 syllables because "Acura" in Chinese is probably written in 3 words.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Alin10123
It's not "Acura".
Acura in Chinese is "Ac-u-ra".
You have to annunciate all 3 syllables because "Acura" in Chinese is probably written in 3 words.
LOL, so true.

Originally Posted by JKV808TSX
Aww shiet.. look at my twin!.. Heheh
I think I need to move down to Hawaii and live the nice weather life. Any hospital IT jobs down there?

Originally Posted by rx280
Also let me echo the opinion on the dealer license plate frame: it's got to go. I recommend buying a black powder-coated frame from AutoSport.
AutoSportCatalog.com...I'd been wondering when and where the MA meet was going to be held. Now that I've got the date and location from your earlier post, I just need to know the time. I might be able to be there.
I'll check it out and see what they've got. $30 to me is kinda pricey for a license plate frame, but we'll see.

And the meet is at F1 Boston in Braintree at 11am Saturday 5/14. Here's the thread about the meet
Old 05-09-2005, 07:26 PM
JDM whore in training

hMmm.. so you're an IT person huh Wil.. hehe .. interesting... You know the hospital I work at needs some dudes who know how to work our shit. LOL We're going to start using another program for EMR .. Xpress Med.. aint sure what version. Damn IT person can't even explain how to use it! We're suppose to ask questions about it and the dude's sitting there lookin at us and starts sweatin bullets cause he can't answer what we ask.. But yea, we need some IT techs who know what the hell their doing. All I know is that my hospital has some contract with some IT company.. aint sure. But I know they're some big $$$ involved.. =P
Old 05-09-2005, 07:46 PM

hMmm.. so you're an IT person huh Wil.. hehe .. interesting... You know the hospital I work at needs some dudes who know how to work our shit. LOL We're going to start using another program for EMR .. Xpress Med.. aint sure what version. Damn IT person can't even explain how to use it! We're suppose to ask questions about it and the dude's sitting there lookin at us and starts sweatin bullets cause he can't answer what we ask.. But yea, we need some IT techs who know what the hell their doing. All I know is that my hospital has some contract with some IT company.. aint sure. But I know they're some big $$$ involved.. =P
LOL, I hear ya, but its not really their fault because the Technical Support in Information Services aren't supposed to be the super users of the application. They're just there to help install the application, update the application or introduce custom modifications to the application. Everything to do with it technically not the actual use of the software. That is up to your hospital that appointed the dedicated person in EMR who would know the ins and outs of that application. The Tech Consultant can only do so much, unless that is one of their responsibilities there.

Well, enough with that, so the hospital is contracting...that sucks. Let me know if they're looking for anyone permanent.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:38 PM
JDM whore in training

LOL, I hear ya, but its not really their fault because the Technical Support in Information Services aren't supposed to be the super users of the application. They're just there to help install the application, update the application or introduce custom modifications to the application. Everything to do with it technically not the actual use of the software. That is up to your hospital that appointed the dedicated person in EMR who would know the ins and outs of that application. The Tech Consultant can only do so much, unless that is one of their responsibilities there.

Well, enough with that, so the hospital is contracting...that sucks. Let me know if they're looking for anyone permanent.

Eventually they'll need permanent people because this whole place is steppin up in tech.. they're gonna need someone who's available 24/7 when something goes down. Our IT's come in on the weekends if needed.. its funny cause usually they come here dressed in slippers and surfer shorts equipped with their laptop in one hand and a slurpee in the other. LOL This Hospital is the main Trauma center .. our nurses and staff doesnt have the time to sit on the phone with customer service to figure out what happend to the program that crashed.. ..so yea.. we make the ITs figure out the puzzle when its broken. Hahah
Old 05-10-2005, 05:59 AM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

Wow!! It's been awhice since the last time I've seen your car...btw nice job vB!!! I wish I had the time to moD mine, but still luving it everyday...dealer wash

how 'bout them redsox!!!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:43 AM

... our nurses and staff doesnt have the time to sit on the phone with customer service to figure out what happend to the program that crashed.. ..so yea.. we make the ITs figure out the puzzle when its broken. Hahah
Ahhh, that's a different situation. If the system crashes then it is IS who is supposed to figure that out. Seriously, let me know if anything permanent comes up. I would seriously be interested in living out there.

btw. having permanent people is MUCH, MUCH better than contracting out this sort of Technical Support. I believe that contractors are clueless when it comes to application support and are only helpful with desktop support, which is why hospitals should seriously consider budgeting in an information services dept. which would support the applications that the hospital implements.

Originally Posted by vietazntsx
Wow!! It's been awhice since the last time I've seen your car...btw nice job vB!!! I wish I had the time to moD mine, but still luving it everyday...dealer wash

how 'bout them redsox!!!!!
Yeah, where have you been??? Are you coming up to the Massachusetts meet this Saturday?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
man your car keeps gettin better and better...at this pace whats next? you are definitely on pace to having the hottest TSX in new england...

Quick Reply: Virtualbong Debadged and M3 Trunk Lip *** NO 56K ***