Spring Updates and Installs, Pictures Inside !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Spring Updates and Installs, Pictures Inside !!

Hey guys

It’s been a while, since I posted any updates, anyway it’s been about a week now since I installed my new suspension set up on my TSX. I am currently now running a set of RS*R down springs which are from Japan that were meant to correspond with the CL9 chassis, roughly 1.5 in the front and 1.2 in the back. I am also running them on a set of Tokico HP Blues; I also swapped in a 22mm H&R rear sway bar. I have been waiting for it to settle and will most likely go for the alignment this week. As many can probably guess what a transformation! my car not only feels more nimble and agile, the cornering has drastically improved and for some reason it just all around feels quicker to me. Definitely a great set of modifications and definitely worth the money spent.

For those here locally in Toronto, I got the set-up installed from 360 Auto Services in Markham from master installer himself Chi. Definitely a great place for the install, as he was recommended from all of the TAC (Toronto Accords Club) members.

Anyway without further delay here are some pictures;

Before (4x4 status);

During Install (cell phone pic);

After;

Teaser (already installed, however waiting for better pictures);

Old 04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Will you be getting a rear camber kit?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice drop man. will hopefully get mine on soon. how much was the install at 360?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
日本国内市場の売春婦

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
very nice gary.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Originally Posted by PACman
Will you be getting a rear camber kit?
I believe a alignment should take care of it.

Originally Posted by fury
nice drop man. will hopefully get mine on soon. how much was the install at 360?
Thanks, It came out to $140; springs, shocks and rsb + I had some lock nuts that were broken he took them off for free.

Originally Posted by VorteC
very nice gary.
Thanks VorteC
Old 04-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Drifting

looks good.

rear camber looks pretty aggressive, and only a 1.2" drop.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTSX-05
Thanks, It came out to $140; springs, shocks and rsb + I had some lock nuts that were broken he took them off for free.
very reasonable. well within range for these installs in this area.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
I believe a alignment should take care of it.

Thanks VorteC
Rear camber's not adjustable, so without an Ingall's kit, get used to it.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:57 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by afici0nad0
looks good.

rear camber looks pretty aggressive, and only a 1.2" drop.
I agree, it looks great; drop is just right. On the camber, I dropped less than what's on display here and my rear camber went to around -2.3; it does seem allot for such a conservative drop.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:35 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your car looks great. Nice drop. Looking forward to pics with the wheels.

It always brings me back when I hear about places like Markham, etc. I grew up in Mississauga but moved here to the states about 15 years ago.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:27 AM
team LoL

Nice drop. show us some pictures w/ them rims.!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Nice drop buddy!! Way to represent the Tokico Blues Family!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Instructor

That drop looks perfect. I'm looking to do something similar eventually. Very nice! Love the pic taken at ground level.

Are you worried at all about the lower ride height during the winter months here in the Golden Horseshoe? From my experience, the TSX doesn't fair well as it is.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Thanks for the compliments guys, quick question is a rear camber kit required to correct the negative camber that’s being put on the rear tire...last thing I want is over excessive tire wear on the rear tires? I was under the impression that if I was running a mild drop in the rear that a camber kit was not needed and a simple alignment of the toe would solve the problem? Anyone care to explain?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Racer

Thanks for the compliments guys, quick question is a rear camber kit required to correct the negative camber that’s being put on the rear tire...last thing I want is over excessive tire wear on the rear tires? I was under the impression that if I was running a mild drop in the rear that a camber kit was not needed and a simple alignment of the toe would solve the problem? Anyone care to explain?
I got the tein H-techs and they droped only about .7 inch and I did not get a camber kit and my tires are wearing a ok. I did the drop about 15000 miles ago and its ok. When i rotated tires they actually showed normal wear. you should be fine but keep an eye on it. There was a big post about camber and tire wear by one of the vendors who explain it all. Nice drop, can't wait to see it with the wheels.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Originally Posted by shmork53
I got the tein H-techs and they droped only about .7 inch and I did not get a camber kit and my tires are wearing a ok. I did the drop about 15000 miles ago and its ok. When i rotated tires they actually showed normal wear. you should be fine but keep an eye on it. There was a big post about camber and tire wear by one of the vendors who explain it all. Nice drop, can't wait to see it with the wheels.
Thanks, I acutely re-read the article and it shed some light it looks like I will be fine, since such a less aggressive drop dose not even come close to throwing the factory camber settings out of spec, the magic number at least for the double wishbone suspension looks like 1.75, a simple alignment of the toe angle is all that’s needed, I will in the mean time be on the hunt for a good alignment shop which can be real pita.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:02 AM
CGP Ebony

Cool

Looking Sharp!

Subtle drop > RICER's Drop IMO
Old 05-02-2008, 12:38 PM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Originally Posted by xenonhid
Looking Sharp!

Subtle drop > RICER's Drop IMO
Thanks xenonhid, I was looking for a subtle all year around type of drop, and it worked perfectly for me, I will try to get some pictures up soon with the 18x8's.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Advanced

camber

lookin good.

IMHO, you drive a TSX, not a Civic - DO IT RIGHT! get a rear camber kit at the very least. you can find an ingalls tsx rear camber kit on ebay for $149, last time i checked.

if you had it onhand while you did the install, odds are they would've installed that as well without additional charge, since the car's already up on the hoist and suspension's disassembled.

mind you, your alignment might cost a couple bucks more due to the required adjustment of the camber kit... but this is definitely the right way to do it.

my 2 cents
Old 05-03-2008, 06:10 AM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Camber

Thanks;

I am aware it’s not a Civic, that’s why I bought a TSX. Nevertheless it was never an issue of what’s the quickest or cheapest way of lowering my vehicle; however I was under the impression (maybe you never read the article) by MrHeeltoe, that a camber kit was not required for a mild drop, a simple alignment of the toe is all that is needed to reduce tire wear. As for the negative camber I like the way it looks, nevertheless if a camber kit was crucial to the install I would have had no problem spending the money. Bottom like I thought I didn’t need it, so why is it your comparing my vehicle to a Civic I have no idea.

my

Originally Posted by sane
lookin good.

IMHO, you drive a TSX, not a Civic - DO IT RIGHT! get a rear camber kit at the very least. you can find an ingalls tsx rear camber kit on ebay for $149, last time i checked.

if you had it onhand while you did the install, odds are they would've installed that as well without additional charge, since the car's already up on the hoist and suspension's disassembled.

mind you, your alignment might cost a couple bucks more due to the required adjustment of the camber kit... but this is definitely the right way to do it.

my 2 cents
Old 05-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Advanced

1st and foremost, i didn't mean to offend u, if that's how you felt. my apologies!

if anything, i guess what i meant is, 9x out of 10 it's the honda civic that is the victim of the worst lowering/suspension execution. sometimes it's due to guys not having either the knowledge on how to pick the right springs, or not having enough $ to do it right in the 1st place. i remember over a decade ago ppl were CUTTING SPRINGS to get that SLAAAAMMED LOOK

i haven't read mrheeltoe's article, but i do speak from a fair amount of past experience on lowering vehicles. some negative camber is so slight that you can't see it, but will eventually expose itself by showing uneven tire wear. if you can already see it from the get-go, odds are you'll have uneven tire wear issues down the road... here's hoping you don't.

at any rate you've stated that you like the way the negative camber looks anyway, so more power to you! enjoy the drop and have fun thru the twisties!

Thanks;

I am aware it’s not a Civic, that’s why I bought a TSX. Nevertheless it was never an issue of what’s the quickest or cheapest way of lowering my vehicle; however I was under the impression (maybe you never read the article) by MrHeeltoe, that a camber kit was not required for a mild drop, a simple alignment of the toe is all that is needed to reduce tire wear. As for the negative camber I like the way it looks, nevertheless if a camber kit was crucial to the install I would have had no problem spending the money. Bottom like I thought I didn’t need it, so why is it your comparing my vehicle to a Civic I have no idea.

my
Old 05-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Pro

nice drop
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
ASM 3G TL Type-S

Thanks sane,

Yourself being obviously way more knowledge then myself, this being my first vehicle I have owned, I appreciate the help. I am going to see if adjusting the toe angle solves my problem if uneven tire wear is still a problem, then I will go with a camber kit

Originally Posted by sane
1st and foremost, i didn't mean to offend u, if that's how you felt. my apologies!

if anything, i guess what i meant is, 9x out of 10 it's the honda civic that is the victim of the worst lowering/suspension execution. sometimes it's due to guys not having either the knowledge on how to pick the right springs, or not having enough $ to do it right in the 1st place. i remember over a decade ago ppl were CUTTING SPRINGS to get that SLAAAAMMED LOOK

i haven't read mrheeltoe's article, but i do speak from a fair amount of past experience on lowering vehicles. some negative camber is so slight that you can't see it, but will eventually expose itself by showing uneven tire wear. if you can already see it from the get-go, odds are you'll have uneven tire wear issues down the road... here's hoping you don't.

at any rate you've stated that you like the way the negative camber looks anyway, so more power to you! enjoy the drop and have fun thru the twisties!