Rims, Spoiler, Acura stripe etc...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rims, Spoiler, Acura stripe etc...

I think the tsx looks best without rims put on etc and without the spoiler. It defiinitely looks sleek enough without those extras. In fact with a spoiler I don't think it looks nearly as sharp. Consider if just buying one to get the acura stripe put on by the dealer, now that looks awesome.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

if this is in gallery... where's the pics. what's this acura stripe thing?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:26 PM
cmf
ATCer

Why would you want a car with no rims? J/K.... He's talking about pin stripes. I would disagree with the whole pinstriping thing. If you are looking for a clean sleek look, then you don't want the stripe....My .02
Old 06-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Racer

the acura stripe put on the by dealer goes all around sides to front of car. I see most of the tsx's without it, and the stripe really makes a big difference in the appearance of the car. some dealers have most of there cars with it and it is built in for a few hundred extra. rims seem to be for the college crowd etc.. tsx is a little too classy for that in my opinion.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:53 PM
UK Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
but imo looks weird... just like that guy w/ wood shifter inside the ebony interior

but hey if u like it, then do it who cares wut others thing..
Old 06-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NeoChaser
but imo looks weird... just like that guy w/ wood shifter inside the ebony interior

but hey if u like it, then do it who cares wut others thing..
stripe looks weird? actually many of the dealers in florida are selling all tsx's with it. It looks amazing and makes the car look a whole lot better. Never thought a stripe could look so good. Just happened to go to a dealer that had it on all their tsx's.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:30 PM
such a dirty birdy

I think the pinstripes look great - on an IROC Camaro. On a TSX though? Sorry, too :ghey:
Old 06-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

i want to see this amazing stripe
Old 06-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

this is for xizor, the acura stripe

___________________________________________(A)____ ________________________________

pretty huh?
Old 06-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dzuy
this is for xizor, the acura stripe

___________________________________________(A)____ ________________________________

pretty huh?
you messed up...you missed a spot
Old 06-24-2004, 10:56 PM
such a dirty birdy

Looks like soopa's you know, thingy, only longer.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
you messed up...you missed a spot
it's b/c the tsx is so fast, some of the stripe comes off.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by majormojo
Looks like soopa's you know, thingy, only longer.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
Old 06-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by majormojo
I think the pinstripes look great - on an IROC Camaro. On a TSX though? Sorry, too :ghey:
this is done by the acura dealers so it is quite nice looking and classy. Rims and lowering your car are not something I would recommend unless you are a teenager.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by floridaowner
this is done by the acura dealers so it is quite nice looking and classy. Rims and lowering your car are not something I would recommend unless you are a teenager.
sorry but couldnt resist the flame...

these are about the dumbest things ive heard in awhile...

pinstripes makes the TSX look cleaner...
rims and lowering your car is something recommended for a teenager

i thought u were kidding but seems like ur pretty serious...

i guess someone forgot to tell the Mercedes AMG division that lowering their vehicles and putting on bigger rims is for teenagers as well...not to mention the Audi's S division, Toyota's TRD, etc

oh well, to each his own i guess...good luck with ur pinstripes
Old 06-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Racer

any picture for this stripe thing!?
Old 06-25-2004, 12:25 AM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never heard someone say wheels and lowering a car looks bad yet pinstripes look good, but yeah its your car put up some pictures when you get it done I gues.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:27 AM
Racer

the stripe is along the side of the car just below window area. whitish color on nighthawk black car. like i said some of the dealers that try to add all the extras in for price inflating have this on all of their cars. however i must admit the other dealer in town does not do this to any of their cars. Overall i think it adds a lot to the look. when i saw the tsx without it after i got my car that alone stood out as a big difference in the appearance. will try to get pics when possible.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by dabuda2004
sorry but couldnt resist the flame...

these are about the dumbest things ive heard in awhile...

pinstripes makes the TSX look cleaner...
rims and lowering your car is something recommended for a teenager

i thought u were kidding but seems like ur pretty serious...

i guess someone forgot to tell the Mercedes AMG division that lowering their vehicles and putting on bigger rims is for teenagers as well...not to mention the Audi's S division, Toyota's TRD, etc

oh well, to each his own i guess...good luck with ur pinstripes
hey you teenager. be quiet. j/k. i agree. how do pinstripes make a car look cleaner? most people identify "cleaner" as simple - in terms of us rice eaters - less decals.

i think the stripes are incredibly hideous, but apparently, some people feel that a lowered vehicle with larger wheels is a teenager fad.

damn that bmw for making a "m" package - i mean who would want a lowered car with larger wheels and larger brakes? i guess only teenagers - i mean a bmw 330ci with the m package is only arond 46K. man, when i was a teenager, i barely had to flip any burgers for 46K.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Banned

how the hell can I get a look of the "stripe" thing - any "car strpe" thing, for God's sake !!!????
Old 06-25-2004, 12:08 PM
cmf
ATCer

So when you're done putting on the pin stripe, is teh next upgrade a nice set of tires with a white wall? Dude, this is not your fathers Oldsmobile!
Old 06-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cmf
So when you're done putting on the pin stripe, is teh next upgrade a nice set of tires with a white wall? Dude, this is not your fathers Oldsmobile!
tell acura that- they do a custome job for this. i have compared the tsx with and without it. with the stripes the car looks much sportier and classier- a big difference. once again acura does a great job. You pay for what you get!
by the way lowering your car looks silly and not very classy to say the least. the people who lower their car seem to be the same ones having the car shake with the bass turned up. Not exactly the typical acura buyer.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:42 PM
cmf
ATCer

No bass, no shaking, just plenty of lowering and more aggressive styling--Euro like even! I understand that it is an OPTION to get it done (pin stripe), but not something factory done, cause a majority of the people won't want it on there. Guess you and I are opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to car styling!
Old 06-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Jewdacris!!

tell acura that- they do a custome job for this. i have compared the tsx with and without it. with the stripes the car looks much sportier and classier- a big difference. once again acura does a great job. You pay for what you get!
by the way lowering your car looks silly and not very classy to say the least. the people who lower their car seem to be the same ones having the car shake with the bass turned up. Not exactly the typical acura buyer.

This is an ignorant statement.

YOur saying someone who buys a factory tuned car that is lowered is not classy? If im not mistaken the a spec tl suspension is lower then stoke and that thing is nice, and i think AMG and M series are lowered as well as the new v series caddies.

So please sir, think before you speak. And there are plenty of people on here that have thier car lowered and it looks very classy.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:03 PM
6MT Snob

If i ever see a tsx with a pinstripe i will personaly wait for that person and smack them.

:fingerfawk: :sqntfawk: :fingerfawk: :sqntfawk:
Old 06-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Über Geek

Have you actually been READING the posts on this forum? You're entitled to your opinion but you ain't too perceptive. This site CELEBRATES most of the stuff you call silly and not classy.

Poke around the Gallery some. If you think some of the members' cars aren't sharp, you may have purchased the wrong car. Ford is releasing the new 500 this fall. Maybe that's more your speed. I bet you could even get it with one of those fake vinyl convertible tops for the same price as your pinstriping.

Did you know the TSX comes with that ghetto/rice option called "stick"? Pretty trashy.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:09 PM
6MT Snob

Originally Posted by captainjack
Have you actually been READING the posts on this forum? You're entitled to your opinion but you ain't too perceptive. This site CELEBRATES most of the stuff you call silly and not classy.

Poke around the Gallery some. If you think some of the members' cars aren't sharp, you may have purchased the wrong car. Ford is releasing the new 500 this fall. Maybe that's more your speed. I bet you could even get it with one of those fake vinyl convertible tops for the same price as your pinstriping.

Did you know the TSX comes with that ghetto/rice option called "stick"? Pretty trashy.

Go on with your bad self!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

new classy acura stripe with large A

______________________clAssy______________________ _________________
Old 06-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

notice that speed of tsx made part of pinstripe peel off
Old 06-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm going to get a fake convertible roof put on my car.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Racer

Since Acura who makes that great looking pinstrip should stop producing the silly and unclassy A Spec package which drops the car by 1" and comes with a set of new wheels.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by gfxdave99
If i ever see a tsx with a pinstripe i will personaly wait for that person and smack them.

:fingerfawk: :sqntfawk: :fingerfawk: :sqntfawk:
Old 06-28-2004, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Brooks
Since Acura who makes that great looking pinstrip should stop producing the silly and unclassy A Spec package which drops the car by 1" and comes with a set of new wheels.
but A-Spec is trying to target the "teenager" market...

Old 06-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Racer

this isn't a typical pinstripe and maybe not the proper way of describing it. all i can say is that many of the high volume dealers here in florida add on a lot of extras at time of sale including splahguards, sunroof wind shield, the stripe i am describing etc. Most cars that you see on the road that are lowered to the ground are usually driven by teenagers booming their bass. of course there are exceptions but this isn't the image the tsx is targeting. most owners of the tsx keep their car at a normal height and i have yet to see one lowered on the dozens i have seen. if you haven't seen the acura pinstripe it rules- they do an amazing job with the extras on their cars.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Jewdacris!!

Most cars maybe, but to generalize everyone into a non classy category is wrong. And yes most owners keep them at normal height, but most is not all and to say that its not classy because you think its wrong or doesnt look good is not very classy of you. Also, if thats the case then i guess theres a whole group of people on here who are not very classy, according to you.

And if you lower your car the correct way there is nothing unclassy about it.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:42 AM
cmf
ATCer

I am trying to figure out how adding a pin stripe, mud guards, and wind guards/ deflectors (whatever it is called) is gonna give you this clean appearance you are looking for. You're making Acura happy, no doubt, by taking all the extras they sell at a 20% dealer mark-up, but how in the world does that make your car have a clean appearance.
Give it time to see a change in the number of TSX's that will be modded, especially in your area...FL. There is a huge import scene there in FL, and pretty soon, you're gonna be the odd guy out with the stock TSX and pinstripe.
Don't get me wrong, the TSX looks great sitting stock, but adding a bunch of shit to your car is not gonna give you that clean look you desire.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackTSX
Most cars maybe, but to generalize everyone into a non classy category is wrong. And yes most owners keep them at normal height, but most is not all and to say that its not classy because you think its wrong or doesnt look good is not very classy of you. Also, if thats the case then i guess theres a whole group of people on here who are not very classy, according to you.

And if you lower your car the correct way there is nothing unclassy about it.
what are the advantages of lowering your car? besides making the car look rather odd i am not sure why somebody would change the manufacturer's recommended height of the car. also, the stripe and other extras don't make the car look "clean" but it is a very nice touch to a car that with some colors and lack of add on's doesn't look that much different from a mitsubishi mirage. The tsx is awesome in the right colors and extras addes on but a silver with nothing added on for example looks like an everydaty sedan.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

can we lock this thread if someone doesn't post a picture of a pinstripe in the next day? this is wasting space in the gallery.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:54 PM
cmf
ATCer

Far from a Mitsu Mirage in my opinion, but I get what you are saying. Thats why people do minor mods to set their cars apart from others, but pin striping is probably dead last on the list of things to do to make the car different.
There are numerous advantages of lowering your car. Better handling is one major factor for me. The car was way to loose and wobbly on the road, now my car rides very good, and I feel like I have more control over the car, especially in high speed turns.

Quick Reply: Rims, Spoiler, Acura stripe etc...