not a teaser thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
Yes, i know I never ridden on airrunners, but judging on some of the comments that I have found on the web, I still think coilovers out-perform airrunners. If you guys take the cars with airrunners to the track and compete with a set of coilovers and show me some numbers, then I will have nothing to say.
I highly doubt people who buy coilovers like the Flex even track their car. Sure, they might want the stiffness, but they are not taking their car to any track. The guys who say they like to hit up the twisties every now and then or take a spirited drive, i'm guessing no matter how spirited their drive is, a airrunner'd car will be able to do the same thing. Unless you are talking about full race Euro r's, in which case that applies to nobody here that i know of. Taking the backroads to go from home to meet up your buddies, i don't think will matter if the Flex'd car gets through the road however much seconds ahead of a car on air. You make it sound like everybody who opts for Teins or whatever brand coilovers are taking their car to Buttonwillow or something. I'd say the majority of people just want a drop which retains close to stock feel, hence the popularity of basics or sustecs. I don't recall ever coming across a thread with somebody asking which coilovers is best so when they go to the track they can shave a couple seconds off their laptime. When it comes to a drop and comfortable ride, IMO, if you have the money, the Airrunners cannot be beat.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Is waiting in

^^ if your building a straight track car you should be primarily focused on the Moton 4-Way Adjustable Dampers. Air Ride is great because of the way it is integrated with the car, and allows for lowest ride height with exquisite ride quality. But with the extra hardware (air tank, compressor) your just adding more weight, which is the opposite of what you want to do with a race car.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rex.
^^ if your building a straight track car you should be primarily focused on the Moton 4-Way Adjustable Dampers. Air Ride is great because of the way it is integrated with the car, and allows for lowest ride height with exquisite ride quality. But with the extra hardware (air tank, compressor) your just adding more weight, which is the opposite of what you want to do with a race car.
Exactly. I think talking about seeing track numbers for comparison, etc. is pointless. Like you said, lower ride height with exquisite ride quality. I'd say almost everybody on this site who dropped their TSX was looking for exactly that. If you truly cared about performance and tracking the car, you'd automatically know air ride isn't for you, and you'd know which kinds of suspension you should be looking at (Ex. Motons as stated above). Not bashing people who get certain suspension setups, it's just that needing to see test numbers is just being a little extreme, IMO.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Pro

cant we all just get along
Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
who gives a shit.. your ride is sick!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
To each either own. I think the rides look nice.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
any chance I can get a picture of the rear suspension with the rear wheel off.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by REV-01
i can tell you airrunner ride smooth and damping is adjustable like coilover. not all air struts comes with this feature.

i don't know about other states but in hawaii we stick to this

"the purpose of air suspension isn't to park really low, and drive like a 4x4. It's to drive really low, and park it even lower"

come on who the hell would spent 5k on airrunner to ride high...waste money.

and those owners who can't afford to buy air they buy shorter springs on their coilover. when was the last time you see a car from hawaii is high? we get our share of bs pot hole roads too.
That's cool to know. For that, I give you Hawaiians all a BIG

Hope next time I drop by I can really see how the VIP scene is there like!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TSXinHI
I highly doubt people who buy coilovers like the Flex even track their car. Sure, they might want the stiffness, but they are not taking their car to any track. The guys who say they like to hit up the twisties every now and then or take a spirited drive, i'm guessing no matter how spirited their drive is, a airrunner'd car will be able to do the same thing. Unless you are talking about full race Euro r's, in which case that applies to nobody here that i know of. Taking the backroads to go from home to meet up your buddies, i don't think will matter if the Flex'd car gets through the road however much seconds ahead of a car on air. You make it sound like everybody who opts for Teins or whatever brand coilovers are taking their car to Buttonwillow or something. I'd say the majority of people just want a drop which retains close to stock feel, hence the popularity of basics or sustecs. I don't recall ever coming across a thread with somebody asking which coilovers is best so when they go to the track they can shave a couple seconds off their laptime. When it comes to a drop and comfortable ride, IMO, if you have the money, the Airrunners cannot be beat.
True, i cannot recall if anyone REALLY takes their TSX to track. however, there are a few guys here that really track their cars. I can't remember how they are, but one guy I remember is EVILJOHN. Sure he has a BIG picnic table, but his car is track spec/ daily drive. I believe he has Buddy Club or Tein Flex. But I never really just focused on TSx, i mean in the whole tuning world. I do see alot of people who slammed their car with some nice coils (Zeal, Moton, etc) and track occasionally.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
any chance I can get a picture of the rear suspension with the rear wheel off.

what do you want to see? anyway here you go
Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 AM
Banned

That's cool to know. For that, I give you Hawaiians all a BIG

Hope next time I drop by I can really see how the VIP scene is there like!
we are not hawaiians. we are asians who live in hawaii. there is a difference!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:07 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
so...what are you?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Drifting

Haha....AZN Pride eh?? I kinda got over that already, I am an asian living in Canada too, but I refer myself as Canadian sometimes

CHinese Hertige gone...not much red pocket money....not enought for CF hood
Old 02-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
so...what are you?
chinese
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Banned

Haha....AZN Pride eh?? I kinda got over that already, I am an asian living in Canada too, but I refer myself as Canadian sometimes

CHinese Hertige gone...not much red pocket money....not enought for CF hood
is not about asian pride, but if we go with what you said, you could call us american and not hawaiian

work hard for you mods, don't wait for pocket money, you are too old for the red pocket money anyway red pocket is for little kids
Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh well it's

Damn Hawaii's on the map, I give it up to you local boys. Your rides are on hit!!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 AM

what do you want to see? anyway here you go
unless my eyes are deceiving me that isnt a tsx. reason I wanted to see is cause I wanted to know if I would have more clearance compared to my coilovers for fitting wider wheels.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

unless my eyes are deceiving me that isnt a tsx. reason I wanted to see is cause I wanted to know if I would have more clearance compared to my coilovers for fitting wider wheels.

haha yup is not tsx. you are thinking about airrunner and new wheels already, baller..honestly even if i posted a pic of it is not like you could figure the fitment just from looking at the pic.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Drifting

is not about asian pride, but if we go with what you said, you could call us american and not hawaiian

work hard for you mods, don't wait for pocket money, you are too old for the red pocket money anyway red pocket is for little kids
True, I guess Hawaiians are those like, native kind of people.

I do work hard, and almost messed up schooling. I guess, school is more important than work which leads to mods. Thus, I need to rely on an external source of income, such as red pocket money. I am still 19, I am still good. Not even legal in America yet
Old 02-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Drifting

haha yup is not tsx. you are thinking about airrunner and new wheels already, baller..honestly even if i posted a pic of it is not like you could figure the fitment just from looking at the pic.
He wanted to do the VIP thing a while back...hence his JP wheels. But..we will see what he will do.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 PM

I just dont remember that upper cover around the shock tower cause I know I dont have it on mine.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:06 PM

not thinking of new wheels. thinking of how to make my wheels fit since they hit my suspension right now. I dont really want to roll my fenders.
Thats why I asked above do you think it is safe to have the the tein flex as low as they go height wise without messing with the spring perch but not have the height perch in place. cause they I would have clearance cause that is what the wheels are hitting.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

anyone know how bad it would be to run the coilvers spun all the way down without the bottom lock collar in place.
you could probably grind down the collar, the part that hangs over doesn't have any purpose, its not bearing any load
Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by xizor
you could probably grind down the collar, the part that hangs over doesn't have any purpose, its not bearing any load
well actually i would do that if thats what it hit but it hits the top part of the teeth for the perch wrench.