A nice dent...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005 | 07:33 PM
Apex Clipper

Originally Posted by mandercruso
I'm getting the 4Runner lol. 05 Sport Edition V6. Probably 2wd with leather.. or I may go 'crazy' and get the 4wd lol. Gas has actually gone down a good $0.15 here so it's now right below $2.

~Amanda

Daaaaaaaayum... we're paying just under $3/gal. here in SoCal. I remember in Chicago before I moved here you could get a gallon of 87oc for as little as 95cents/gal.
Man... fuggin Shwarzenegger! :shakehead
Old 05-01-2005 | 09:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mandercruso
I'm getting the 4Runner lol. 05 Sport Edition V6. Probably 2wd with leather.. or I may go 'crazy' and get the 4wd lol. Gas has actually gone down a good $0.15 here so it's now right below $2. And even better is that my insurance is gonna go down $66 every 6 months with the 4Runner. Woo hoo!

Probably at the end of this month or the end of June I'll get rid of the accord... it all depends on how much it costs for me to get my car fixed. Argh... everytime I think about it I get more and more P.O.ed

~Amanda
I had the last gen 4Runner for 5 years, 90,000 miles (75,000 of them with a TRD Supercharger), great truck, bullet proof. I'm thinking of getting the new FJ40 to replace my TSX next year myself.

Good luck with the truck!
Old 05-02-2005 | 01:04 AM
Racer

I know the subject of parking faw away has come up to prevent damage to our vehicles. This is only one solution, but it has risks in certain areas. It could make a person a target for robbery, or a lonely car a target of vandalism and theft. If you do park way out there, just be aware of your surroundings when you leave and return to your car.

I used to park at the back of the lots of my college. One night someone came out from hiding in the bushes and demanded money from me for thier bus fare. They werent armed, but showed agressive body language. I swung and hit them with my loaded book bag then deployed a benchmade knife demanding they stand down in a hostile tone and took a defensive stance, they fled a few seconds later. Just be aware how far you are parking in case you need help or attention.

I know there is no easy compromise for us car enthusiasts to go out in our beloved vehicles and only to have them damaged inconsiderately by dumb assess out there.

Its hard to identify what caused the damage to Amanda's car. No paint residue from another vehicle. Sharp point of contact causing a crease in the body rather than a large dent. I dont necessarily believe another car hit her. Im sorry about what happened though, I really feel your pain, my car recieved more dents, scratches, dings, and key marks on a college campus than anywhere else.
Old 05-02-2005 | 07:12 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by taxidriversingh
I got more then 7 dents. Bye.

how did you get 7 dents...oh I know your 16

Parents that buy new cars for their kids should be and made to watch the Rosie O'Donnel retard movie two times!
Old 05-02-2005 | 05:22 PM
Got Milk???

I totally feel you. My car was parked in front of Starbucks, 5 minutes later I came out seeing this nasty deep scratch on my rear left bumper If I knew who it was, I probably would've ripped his b@llz out and shoved them down his friggin throat.

-KC
Old 05-06-2005 | 07:39 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Elephantman_nosefacehead
how did you get 7 dents...oh I know your 16

Parents that buy new cars for their kids should be and made to watch the Rosie O'Donnel retard movie two times!

or not.
Old 05-06-2005 | 07:58 AM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
or not.

You can't hate on parents who can afford to purchase a nice safe car for their kid.
Old 05-06-2005 | 10:19 AM
Burning Brakes

I feel for Amanda and everyone who has had a loss like hers. It must be the worst feeling. Before I even got my car I have tried to prepare myself for the day that happens to me because I know it is only a matter of time. Since I park on the street here I am suprised that there are no scratches or dents yet. Reading this thread got me thinking of the differences of somebody hitting your car in a lot and on the street. Even though there are lots near, I just park on the street. I have noticed that some people don't try to parallel park near nice looking cars that much. Nature or lack of confidence leads them to look for alternative spots. That is just my experience so far.
Old 05-06-2005 | 01:00 PM
Advanced

Ouch, I'd be sooo pissed if someone did that to me. Problem is, usually the people who do that and don't leave notes wouldn't care if someone did the same to them because their car is junk anyway.

When I was in college, I had two friends who lost their cars while they were parked in the street. One was due to a drunk driver who plowed into my friend's car while it was parked outside his house. The other was a kid in an eclipse who was going to fast and misjudged a curve and skidded into my friend's truck. Truck looked ok on the outside, but substantial frame damage totalled it out.

Another sad story is when my buddy got close to graduating and bought a new car. Some prick had keyed it before it was a week old.

My worst was that someone apparently hit my car trying to parallel park and cracked the bumper. So many reasons not to have a new car during your college years. It is just depressing when something happens and it is a gamble every time you park on campus. I know how it is, Mandercruso, around and around the parking lot until you get a spot. I haven't seen any campus that isn't a total mess when it comes to parking!

Hopefully you can get a decent deal to get her fixed up.

TZ
Old 05-09-2005 | 09:52 PM
Geaux Tigers!!!

You gotta be f@cking kidding me....

I'm sooooo f@ckin pissed! I got my car back today. They did a great job on the dent and all.... I picked it up at 5:30 pm, cranked up my radio and headed home. Around 6:30 I headed out to the ball park for a softball game, radio still full blast. When I get to the park I turn the radio down and roll down my windows. I hear the friggin HORRIBLE squealing noise... like fingernails on the chalkboard. I'm already running late for my game so I decide to check it out when the game is over with.

I get back to my car and put it in reverse to see where the noise is coming from... Right front wheel. It's gotta be a rock in there.... I shine a light on it and see this:

My rim is scratched up! I know 100% without a doubt that it was not like that the Saturday after the wreck, right before I brought it to the shop (I washed my car up a bit). So the b@stards at the shop obvisouly must have hit something!

On the drive home the rock must have flew out because the noise went away... but the scratches...

They open at 7am and I'll be calling them first thing in the morning. Any advice as to what I should say? I know they'll try to claim they didn't do it and I don't have any real proof, just my word against theirs.

I'm sooo pissed Puts a damper on a good softball game!

~Amanda
Old 05-10-2005 | 09:53 PM
cmf
ATCer

Man, you are on a bad luck streak. Not sure what you could say to help you out, but hopefully things turn around for you and they take care of it anyways.