New member...pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005 | 11:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

New member...pics

Hi all! I am new to this forum and thought I would post some pictures of my almost stock TSX. Other than tint, alarm and this new DVD kit, I have not really done much. Afterall, I have only had it since the 7th of this month!

My 05 Black on Black 6-Speed Navi (Seen 1, seen em all)

View of the screens from outside!

7'' Screens set in aftermarket headrests

I don't think they look bad at all! Comments please?

Pic of the Navi and the and center dash area

I love where the DVD player is located...

Old 05-24-2005 | 11:06 AM
TSX LOVER

welcome to the forum. It looks really good. Love the setup
Old 05-24-2005 | 11:35 AM
My Love & My Life

the dvd kit is pretty PHAT!
Old 05-24-2005 | 11:59 AM
Guinea Pig

I like it! The headrests look good for aftermarket. How much were they? Also, what is the thing in the back seat where the arm rest should be?
Old 05-24-2005 | 12:34 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

What is the make and model of that DVD player?
Old 05-24-2005 | 12:46 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by CJams
I like it! The headrests look good for aftermarket. How much were they? Also, what is the thing in the back seat where the arm rest should be?
Looks like a cd case to me
Old 05-24-2005 | 01:01 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Looks like a cd case to me
Probably to carry his in car DVD collection.
Old 05-24-2005 | 01:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

dondon/JPL530i: Thx for the comments. I am really satisfied with the turn out and it is good to hear positive feedback.

CJams: Thx as well. The whole kit, which came with the DVD player, aftermarket headrest enclosed with 7" monitors, wireless headphones, TV Tuner and FM Modulator came out to $1688.00 with tax and labor. Yes, they are correct, that is a CD case that has my little girl’s ridiculous DVD collection of kids’ movies. I bought the kit solely for her use.

Tsx536: The DVD player, monitors and wireless headphones are all Myron and Davis. They produce and distribute their own equipment. They have numerous applications for several makes, and then they get your make/models interior code in order to match the headrests. www.myronanddavis.com

GIBSON6594/CGTSX2004: On the money.
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:05 PM
Advanced

That interior looks awesome! I am interested in getting a dvd player for the dash and I love where you have it. How much for just the dvd player if you don't mind me asking? I went to that website you posted but they have no prices.
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PeteRiv3
That interior looks awesome! I am interested in getting a dvd player for the dash and I love where you have it. How much for just the dvd player if you don't mind me asking? I went to that website you posted but they have no prices.
Thx. For some reason, and maybe it is the fact that the lights from the player are blue, but I really like it!

Okay, I called and the retail price for the DVD player in my car is $199.00. Keep in mind that is the list price and it will probably be a little cheaper through one of their dealers.

He said you can call 1-866-335-6789 to find the closest dealer in your area.
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:54 PM
Jewdacris!!

So the whole thing cost 1700? Those headrests looks good. How is the aftermarket leather compared to the stock leather? Same feel?
Old 05-24-2005 | 03:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BlackTSX
So the whole thing cost 1700? Those headrests looks good. How is the aftermarket leather compared to the stock leather? Same feel?
Yep, $1688.00 out the door! Well, I am not one to lean my head on the headrest...but I ran my hand across it and it is an awesome match. In one of the pics, look at the drivers seat closely and you can see how the grain from the headrest to the seat back is almost seamless.
Old 05-24-2005 | 03:57 PM
Racer

Welcome! Where did you get that kit for the DVD player? I like how when you’re not using it you just close the cover and gone! You have a very nice set-up my friend. =)
Old 05-24-2005 | 04:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DateTSX
Welcome! Where did you get that kit for the DVD player? I like how when you’re not using it you just close the cover and gone! You have a very nice set-up my friend. =)
Thnx a bunch!!! I bought the Myron and Davis kit (included the dvd player too~read above for the contents of the kit) from Sterling Acura of Austin and they used H & H Pro Audio of Austin to install. I also got a warranty from Sterling for 4 yrs 50,000 miles.

Call 1-866-335-6789 to find a dealer in your area. I am sure my unit was marked up a tad because I went through a dealership, so I can imagine you getting it a little cheaper by have a Myron and Davis dealer install it directly.
Old 05-24-2005 | 04:49 PM
Got Milk???

Very clean work, I like it Now all your friends will want to sit in the back seats instead, no mo shotguns!
Old 05-24-2005 | 05:12 PM
Goldmember

Does the DVD play on the Navi screen also or just the headrests?
Old 05-24-2005 | 05:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kaikai114
Very clean work, I like it Now all your friends will want to sit in the back seats instead, no mo shotguns!
Thx... It is already happening; no one wants to sit up front anymore...lol. I don't blame them though!

Buyer beware: If you install this kit, you are one step closer to being a chauffeur.
Old 05-24-2005 | 05:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by scl23
Does the DVD play on the Navi screen also or just the headrests?
No, it just plays in the headrests! The Navi DVD Conversion is always an option, but I prefer not to mess with the factory wiring.
Old 05-24-2005 | 06:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Looks good.
Old 05-24-2005 | 06:27 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Thanks for the great replies caz1604!

So how is that DVD mounted in the storage bin?
Do you know if they cut out the back of the storage bin or anything?

That DVD player is especially interesting because it looks like it fits in the storage bin without any modification to the sides of the storage bin. The storage bin is narrower than a standard DIN size radio, so the fact it fits without having to butcher the storage bin is a huge plus! It's really cool how you can still open and close the storage bin.

Nice looking install! Can I get a... ....lol....
Old 05-24-2005 | 07:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Thanks for the great replies caz1604!

So how is that DVD mounted in the storage bin?
Do you know if they cut out the back of the storage bin or anything?

That DVD player is especially interesting because it looks like it fits in the storage bin without any modification to the sides of the storage bin. The storage bin is narrower than a standard DIN size radio, so the fact it fits without having to butcher the storage bin is a huge plus! It's really cool how you can still open and close the storage bin.

Nice looking install! Can I get a... ....lol....
DEI99662: Thnx

Tsx 536: I have been checking it out between commercials of the Contender Finale...lol I am assuming the player is bolted down because it does not budge. I just went and checked it out and they did in fact cut the back out of the storage bin, but I am not too concerned because I am happy the way it is concealed. Yes, they did not cut the sides of the storage bin and there is full range to open and close the bin. I took some closer pics for yall~

Old 05-24-2005 | 08:46 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

^^ Very nice man...thanks for the new pics. I wouldn't worry about them cutting out the back of the storage bin. You can always buy a new one if you really needed to down the road.

That Myron and Davis DVd player is pretty cool. They list it on their website as 3/4 DIN.

Also, just an FYI, they list in the specs that the player as audio/video inputs for things such as video game systems. Although you can't see them, they are probably on the back of the unit. In the future, you can hook a ps2 or xbox to it. You're gonna be doing even more chauffeuring if you put one of those in.

Not sure how comfortable you feel taking out your player and accessing those jacks. You might wanna go to the shop that did the install and bring an RCA audio/video cable. Ask them to hook that to the back of the player and run it to to the glove box or something. That way you can easily hook things up there if you want to in the future. For the type of money you paid they should do this for no charge.
Old 05-25-2005 | 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tsx536
^^ Very nice man...thanks for the new pics. I wouldn't worry about them cutting out the back of the storage bin. You can always buy a new one if you really needed to down the road.

That Myron and Davis DVd player is pretty cool. They list it on their website as 3/4 DIN.

Also, just an FYI, they list in the specs that the player as audio/video inputs for things such as video game systems. Although you can't see them, they are probably on the back of the unit. In the future, you can hook a ps2 or xbox to it. You're gonna be doing even more chauffeuring if you put one of those in.

Not sure how comfortable you feel taking out your player and accessing those jacks. You might wanna go to the shop that did the install and bring an RCA audio/video cable. Ask them to hook that to the back of the player and run it to to the glove box or something. That way you can easily hook things up there if you want to in the future. For the type of money you paid they should do this for no charge.
I don't think I will be hooking up an XBOX or PS2 anytime soon...but it is ggod to know it is possible. By the way, what does 3/4 DIN mean? lol
Old 05-25-2005 | 01:29 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by caz1604
I don't think I will be hooking up an XBOX or PS2 anytime soon...but it is ggod to know it is possible. By the way, what does 3/4 DIN mean? lol
3/4 DIN means that it's 3/4 of the width and height of a standard single DIN radio. The majority of the Pioneer, Alpines, and Kenwoods that you see in the retail stores are the standard DIN size and the DVD player you have is a little smaller. That's why it fits so nicely in the storage bin.
Old 05-26-2005 | 07:07 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

install looks awesome. Very clean, functional, and just enough wow factor! I wish my dad would have done something to his car like this when I was young.

I love how the dvd player can still be concealed with the OEM door.