For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:43 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX

Had a rare 2006 6spd Accord Sedan until black ice pushed her into a guard rail on the drive home last week. Could be worse, I spun 180 degrees across four lanes of traffic at 60 mph and missed every car on the road. Couldn't really tell you what happened. Things were going fine, and then they weren't. The good news is I was going to take it in for a new timing belt when I got home, and insurance gave me a check for $800 less than I paid for the car. Things are going better financially than they were when I got her, so I decided I deserved a little upgrade. Enough text, here she is. 2008 with 47k miles and navi. Hell of a deal, and hell of an upgrade.

Pictures taken off of the website. Too dark to take pics now.
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-ztk4h.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-be4k3.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-n1zi2.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-dwzt4.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-x5bsf.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-jxtii.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-004pd.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-bazbq.jpg

Overall, I miss the 40 hp and torque from the v6. But I love the feel of the car so much better, and it's obviously much more refined. The transmission feels so familiar, and even has the same shift knob as the Accord, which makes me more comfortable from the start. I think I'm gonna be just alright with this purchase.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Welcome!! Glad to hear you weren't hurt in that accident - sounds scary. You couldn't have picked a better replacement - that's a great looking 08! You'll find a lot of fun things to do with it on this site. Enjoy the new ride!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:12 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Welcome! great introduction!
Its a pretty car with Nav!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
pictures of said wrecked car
Old 12-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same as my 07 :-d
Old 12-20-2010, 11:09 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Welcome! Glad you're ok. Congrats on the new car.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:29 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats on the purchase.. makes me wish that i could have found an 07-08 TSX with 30k miles instead of my 05 with 41k.. i lucked out on the bt function plus memory seating!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:47 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by friesm2000
pictures of said wrecked car
Here they are. Like I said, I'm very lucky and was able to slow the car down a bit before the guard rail. It almost felt like I was going to be able to stop it before I hit the wall, but the force of impact proved me quite wrong, heh.

It was a close call on the total loss, I was pinned against the guard rail until the police came, but I thought it was messed up pretty bad. I got out and looked at it and thought they might be able to salvage it, but when I heard how much they offered me I didn't really fight it. Those side airbags are something though, I'm sure I'd be in a lot worse shape without them. There's a reason I went out and bought another Honda.

For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-anvqkl.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-etxdil.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-t8lr4.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-mmb6il.jpg
For my next trick, I will turn a totaled accord into a beautiful TSX-yssem.jpg
Old 12-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,982 Likes on 14,493 Posts
Good stuff man, way to make an educated decision and picking up a good deal. Glad you're ok...happy holidays!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 PM
10th Gear

Forgive the newbie question, but I can't seem to find an edit button on here. What I was going to add is that it's important to note that I was in the left lane on the highway, and all damage to the car was done against the right guardrail if that helps you picture things. Like I said, somebody is looking out for me.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
You're lucky it wasn't any worse. I'm surprised it was a total loss as well. Glad you came out okay though

@ the writing on the curtain airbags

sucks that a 6MT Accord sedan was killed, but looks like you got yourself a great replacement

How do you like it compared to the Accord? Not to take anything away from the TSX but I've always thought it was frighteningly similar to the 7th gen Accord, especially the interior.

Congrats on the new purchase, and for staying 6MT.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:23 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Aman
You're lucky it wasn't any worse. I'm surprised it was a total loss as well. Glad you came out okay though

sucks that a 6MT Accord sedan was killed, but looks like you got yourself a great replacement

How do you like it compared to the Accord? Not to take anything away from the TSX but I've always thought it was frighteningly similar to the 7th gen Accord, especially the interior.

The interior similarities are pretty similar in places. The gearshift and armrest are almost identical, which is great for making me feel right at home in the new car.

Overall the new car just seems to feel more solid. Not that the Accord wasn't well built at all, but like the feeling you get when you close the door for example. The general fit and finish is better. Engine wise, the Accord was definitely quicker in a straight line, but I like the handling on this one much better, which makes sense given the nature of the cars. The leather isn't even a comparison, and it was actually one of my main complaints about the accord. The perforated seats in the TSX really blow it out of the water.

I'm going to miss the V6, and my friends are going to miss the back seat. But other than that you're right, I sit in there and it kinda feels like somebody took my Accord and just upgraded every component. Like getting all new furniture and a new home theatre for your living room. It's still your living room, but you're just much more comfortable.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:25 AM
10th Gear

Oh, and your living room has HID's now and gets better gas mileage.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:28 AM
2nd Gear

Sad sight
Old 12-21-2010, 12:30 AM
2nd Gear

A new tsx is always nice !
Old 12-21-2010, 12:33 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Aman

not really if you look at how the trunk fits, very possible that the frame could be tweaked
more then likely also has suspension damage too (even if it say is just ball joints, still takes time and parts to repair)
then also those air bags are not cheap either (and they deployed cause the hit was harder then say normal)

and everything adds up real fast...

and considering the fact; the car did it's job protecting the occupants; even though it may be totaled

Originally Posted by Rudacris
The interior similarities are pretty similar in places. The gearshift and armrest are almost identical, which is great for making me feel right at home in the new car.

Overall the new car just seems to feel more solid. Not that the Accord wasn't well built at all, but like the feeling you get when you close the door for example. The general fit and finish is better. Engine wise, the Accord was definitely quicker in a straight line, but I like the handling on this one much better, which makes sense given the nature of the cars. The leather isn't even a comparison, and it was actually one of my main complaints about the accord. The perforated seats in the TSX really blow it out of the water.

I'm going to miss the V6, and my friends are going to miss the back seat. But other than that you're right, I sit in there and it kinda feels like somebody took my Accord and just upgraded every component. Like getting all new furniture and a new home theatre for your living room. It's still your living room, but you're just much more comfortable.
most cars brands have a very similar layout/driving position across the line, which is why you feel right at home...

as far as door's shutting and such, remember it is a LUXARY car compared to the accord, so i would expect it...

i drive my wife's wrx, and i miss the low end grunt of the v-6 at times, but the hair dryer does make up for it at times though

btw: we need to see it lowered already
Old 12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Glad you're okay....

Good choice on the TSX, you won't regret it....

And beware the mod bug

Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 AM
i-vtec soo good

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
wow that's a rare v6 manual Accord...

good choice on the Acura, two similar cars but the TSX has more flavor in my opinion :P
Old 12-30-2010, 08:55 AM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Nice upgrade!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad to hear your ok after sucha accident! Congrats on the 08 TSX and welcome to Azine