My Euro R at HIN Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005 | 09:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cmf
I agree with you. I don't drive my car on roadtrips anymore for just that reason. I did it once and have a few knicks in the front, and don't want to add to them. Guess some of us take a little more pride in our rides.

Either way, looks like you had the tape in all the right areas to prevent any damage. Good luck with the show.
Between street parking and driving to work on a highway that is always under construction, I gave up trying to keep it dent/chip/bird shit free. I'll save the efforts for when I get a garage and a Porsche... besides, it's a nice car and all... but it's still just a 4 door sedan.
Old 04-23-2005 | 10:22 PM
2004 NBP/ebony AT

if u dont mind me asking, what is ur coilovers set at? i mean lowering wise? thanks
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NDLunchbox
Between street parking and driving to work on a highway that is always under construction, I gave up trying to keep it dent/chip/bird shit free. I'll save the efforts for when I get a garage and a Porsche... besides, it's a nice car and all... but it's still just a 4 door sedan.

(flame suit on)

Some people sometimes forget that it may look like it's $32K, in the end it really is an Accord. with crappy paint

Well blessed are those who are to buy those used TSX.
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:43 AM
Tech

Nice car, and definitely lovin the green tape!!! haha......

Also, I notice you have the Optima Yellow Top Battery, you notice any difference w/ it? My buddy working at an audio shop swear by them, but I just needed a 2nd opinion.
Old 04-24-2005 | 03:19 AM
tehLEGOman

You won 2nd place hottest jdm oem.

Congratulations man....I was right when i said you had a shot at placing.

People...dont hate on the green tape.
Old 04-24-2005 | 03:51 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Originally Posted by TechSX
Nice car, and definitely lovin the green tape!!! haha......

Also, I notice you have the Optima Yellow Top Battery, you notice any difference w/ it? My buddy working at an audio shop swear by them, but I just needed a 2nd opinion.
I love my yellow top. I have not yet been able to kill it and I killed my honda battery twice.
Old 04-24-2005 | 03:53 AM

Well yes AccuraTein is right I did take second place. The show was absolutely crazy. The sponsor gets me a year supply a valvoline full synthetic motor oil and car detailing supplies. I also get a hat and a shit. All I have to do is display one decal on each side of my car for them, and quote tell my friends about it. AccuraTein also got sponsored by them. So guys I am doing my part now, GO OUT AND BUY VALVOLINE OIL. Before awards even started something really crazy happened. Out of all the people that regesterred there cars in the show three were randomly chosen to get a free MyFI Satalite Radio Unit. Well Guess what one of them was me, I didnt even believe it when I heard it. I will be posting pics tomorrow but for now I need to get some sleep cause I have to get up in 6 hours and drive 7 and a half hours back to PA.

Also for those waiting for the bottomw strut bar install, I really doubt it will happen tomorrow but I will promise sometime this week.'

Good meeting you ACCURATEIN and you have a very good looking car. Keep working at it and you will eventually take something home at HIN. Don't forget you need to come up to State College, PA for Modified Madness, and then later on for HIN DC.
Old 04-24-2005 | 04:01 AM
Apex Clipper

Nice ride... that green tape might be the next hot trend! lol
Nice ride tho'!!!

http://tsx.9k.com/
Old 04-24-2005 | 09:59 AM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by matelot

(flame suit on)

Some people sometimes forget that it may look like it's $32K, in the end it really is an Accord. with crappy paint

Well blessed are those who are to buy those used TSX.

I see where you are coming from, but I don't use my car as a daily driver. It's purpose was to use for shows. Guess everyone treats their cars different ways. I look at it as also polishing 26K. It would be different if it was a 500 dollar car.

CCColtsicehockey-- Good job on the show. Your work and dedication is paying off, and will only get better.

Canyonball-- Nice car!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:07 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

great job, glad the wheels worked out for you! awesome job getting sponsored, you're on your way to jdm stardom. i'm inspired to show my car, but don't think I have the desire.
Old 04-24-2005 | 12:52 PM
kenstyle on 20's

before i went to hot import nights in orlando nitrous express sent me 2 5 lb bottles and a full kit to install everything ,I should have it all installed within a few weeks or so then i can go give duzy a run for his money , david
Old 04-24-2005 | 01:03 PM
Burning Brakes

nice tsx
putting jdm stuff on your car doesn't make it jdm. the jdm euro-r also has a different engine. it's like putting a jdm type-r front end on an integra and saying you have a jdm integra but you don't.
Old 04-24-2005 | 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by tsxondubs
before i went to hot import nights in orlando nitrous express sent me 2 5 lb bottles and a full kit to install everything ,I should have it all installed within a few weeks or so then i can go give duzy a run for his money , david
how did you get them to sponsor you cause I want to get some more sponsors.
Old 04-24-2005 | 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by iNteGraz92
nice tsx
putting jdm stuff on your car doesn't make it jdm. the jdm euro-r also has a different engine. it's like putting a jdm type-r front end on an integra and saying you have a jdm integra but you don't.
you do not know enough about my intensions about my car then. do not judge without knowing the facts. I am sorry I don't have the 15k to do the conversion all at the same time. I am slowing working get parts to do the conversion. I have the headlights and tailights on order. So I am also going to eventually swap the whole front end and remove the sun roof.
Old 04-24-2005 | 07:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
you do not know enough about my intensions about my car then. do not judge without knowing the facts. I am sorry I don't have the 15k to do the conversion all at the same time. I am slowing working get parts to do the conversion. I have the headlights and tailights on order. So I am also going to eventually swap the whole front end and remove the sun roof.
Is there a diference between jdm and tsx taillights? or the Euro rear foglight? you should keep the sunroof.
Old 04-24-2005 | 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by tnl_tsx
Is there a diference between jdm and tsx taillights? or the Euro rear foglight? you should keep the sunroof.
The corners of the tailights are different they blink orange
Old 04-24-2005 | 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

you wanna switch to jdm taillights because it blinks orange? how much are those?
maybe you can swap it w/ jdm ppl. imo i don't think it's worth it but hey it's your ride. good luck with it
Old 04-24-2005 | 08:21 PM
Luke 1:37

In this sponsorship stuff, do you have to specialize in one certain area? For example, you specialized in JDM, but what other options are there? This is really sparking an interest in me.
Old 04-24-2005 | 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by tnl_tsx
you wanna switch to jdm taillights because it blinks orange? how much are those?
maybe you can swap it w/ jdm ppl. imo i don't think it's worth it but hey it's your ride. good luck with it
Its probably not worth it to you cause you are not doing a JDM car or want to. They are 186 shipped
Old 04-24-2005 | 08:34 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

wow. you placed and got sponsored?

i haven't gotten anything.
Old 04-24-2005 | 08:44 PM

yeah the JDM thing is going great. I have placed second at both shows I entered and the first one I didnt have my kit, fogs, or any of the JDM warning labels.
Old 04-24-2005 | 08:48 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by dzuy
wow. you placed and got sponsored?

i haven't gotten anything.
I'd have to say FL is a totally different animal
Old 04-24-2005 | 09:18 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by xizor
I'd have to say FL is a totally different animal

i entered hot import nights - nada.

jdm car show in west palm - nade.

not even a sponsorship.

oh well. i would want a sponsorship in mobil 1 syn oil
Old 04-24-2005 | 09:36 PM
tehLEGOman

A good number of the people that went to collect their trophies were wearing the valvoline synpower jersey.

In a few weeks you should be receiving yours in the mail.

I met one of the drivers of the realtime TSX while i was there. His name was Pierre something. Hes pretty cool...he gave me his email and said to ask him for tickets to his next race at mid ohio.
Old 04-24-2005 | 09:40 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
I met one of the drivers of the realtime TSX while i was there. His name was Pierre something. Hes pretty cool...he gave me his email and said to ask him for tickets to his next race at mid ohio.
too cool, kleinubing was there. tell him to come to the forum and hook us up
Old 04-24-2005 | 09:43 PM
cmf
ATCer

The corners of the tailights are different they blink orange

I believe the clear portion of the back-up indicators, are also smoked on the Euro-R
Old 04-24-2005 | 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by cmf
I believe the clear portion of the back-up indicators, are also smoked on the Euro-R
really
Old 04-29-2005 | 10:50 PM
tehLEGOman

I found an image of your car on www.modifiedmag.com
Old 04-29-2005 | 11:17 PM
Banned

There's two things I hate about the car scene. The terms "rice" and "jdm." Your car is coming along nicely. However, you do not have a "Euro-R" no matter how much you wanna think you do. Now anything short of the motor swap and dash swap isn't a "euro-r" no matter how many "jdm warning" stickers you put on your car.

Either way, I like the way your is turning out.
Old 04-29-2005 | 11:59 PM
Banned

...So I am also going to eventually swap the whole front end and remove the sun roof.
you can remove the sun roof and put in sort sort of panel ?
Old 04-30-2005 | 12:49 AM
Racer

This guy is CRAZY!!

[QUOTE=drigo][/QUshut

shutthefuckup. its his car and he wants to protect thim LET HIM!! plus its going to a show. If I had a show car, i woulndt car if its $5000 juiced up CRX or a $500,000 ferrari. I would still want to protect my assets. SHUTUP AND get a fuckin life
Old 04-30-2005 | 12:56 AM
Racer

Hey where you get that green tape. I just got my front end covnersion and when I go to shows I want my shit to be nice, that until I get the clear bra so what kinda green tape is that. NICE CAR BY THE WAY
Old 04-30-2005 | 01:44 AM
Holla Back Youngin

nice valve cover!
Old 04-30-2005 | 03:45 AM
STC
Burning Brakes

nice looking car, i guess that 14 hr drive rounnd trip was worth it for a yrs worth of oil.
personally I out grown those ricer shows.
Old 04-30-2005 | 12:39 PM
cmf
ATCer

really

If you look at some of the pics those guys from Japan posted, you can see the smoked lense on the reverse lamps.
Old 04-30-2005 | 04:45 PM
Drifting

[QUOTE=SLAMMED_WDP_TLS]
Originally Posted by drigo
[/QUshut

shutthefuckup. its his car and he wants to protect thim LET HIM!! plus its going to a show. If I had a show car, i woulndt car if its $5000 juiced up CRX or a $500,000 ferrari. I would still want to protect my assets. SHUTUP AND get a fuckin life
you talking to me or the guy who was raggin on the car about the tape?
Old 04-30-2005 | 04:48 PM
cmf
ATCer

really
You can notice it really well in the first pic of this thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22219
Old 04-30-2005 | 05:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by NDLunchbox
Yeah, I guess I missed the concept of not driving my T around to avoid it from getting chipped.

sauceman, who is pondering getting the bumper, hood fenders and top repainted because there's so many chips and dents accompanied by rust. This winter was just
Old 04-30-2005 | 08:53 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by tsxondubs
damn it. my name is dzuy, not duzy.

anyway, you should be able to beat me with nitrous, unless your car explodes like that corvette in another thread.

it's ok. if i lose, im gonna buy toda cams and comptech S/C to whip your ass

hahaha.

i shuolda made it out there to HIN in orlando to meet ya up, just didn't feel like goin.

when you get your nitrous, let me know, and i might go up to jville to get my car dynoed.

lates.
Old 05-01-2005 | 01:04 PM
kenstyle on 20's

i think imma only go 50 shot of the gas and hondata and comptech header safe way for now then if i get a bonus at work ill get comptech s/c .I still think u will kill me with only a 50 shot but its cool one day we will meet up an meet eachother , david

Quick Reply: My Euro R at HIN Charlotte, NC