Mugen Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:09 AM
Pimpin' Euro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahah my bad.
my euro is 1450 cuz its a lux 6speed manual.
gonna get heavier with chrome shoes and ICE
Old 12-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Burning Brakes

true - yea i only have the standard model so its a bit lighter.

it's almost a shame to see your car put on the weight - but your going for pimp/show and your defintiely gonna achieve that. You'll defintiely turn a lot more heads then my car ever will
Old 12-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
Originally Posted by stephen8512
hahah
check out these mods for both mine and chris's euro

in the blue corner, weighing in at 1480kgs + some more for other shite (Codename:Show)

- Full Mugen Bodykit
- 20" Chrome deep dish rims
- Tein Type Flex w/ EDFC
- Injen CAI
- Greddy EVO2 Exhaust
- JDM Cat
- Toda Headers
- Endless Calipers
- Cusco Type I Lower Arm Bar
- Cusco Strut Bar
- Comptech Rear Sway Bar
- Chromed Intake Manifold + Valve cover
- Full I.C.E Install with Headrest monitors

In the red corner, weighin in at 1450kgs + weight reduction to come later i assume (codename:GO!)

- Full OEM Bodykit
- 18" Lightweight rims
- Tein Super Street
- Gruppe M Intake
- Mugen Exhaust
- JDM Cat
- Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
- Maxim Works Headers
- Spoon Calipers (hehehe im just plugging this in. I want you to get it!!!)
- Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar
- Cusco Strut Bar
hey stehphen I see that you have the endless calipers listed. is that the endless big brake kit you are talking about. if so do you have it already and can you post some pictures of it.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:50 AM
Pimpin' Euro

i havent got the mods i listed on yet
and yes it is the endless big brake calipers but it will be one of my final mods.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hahah
check out these mods for both mine and chris's euro

in the blue corner, weighing in at 1480kgs + some more for other shite (Codename:Show)

- Full Mugen Bodykit
- 20" Chrome deep dish rims
- Tein Type Flex w/ EDFC
- Injen CAI
- Greddy EVO2 Exhaust
- JDM Cat
- Toda Headers
- Endless Calipers
- Cusco Type I Lower Arm Bar
- Cusco Strut Bar
- Comptech Rear Sway Bar
- Chromed Intake Manifold + Valve cover
- Full I.C.E Install with Headrest monitors

In the red corner, weighin in at 1450kgs + weight reduction to come later i assume (codename:GO!)

- Full OEM Bodykit
- 18" Lightweight rims
- Tein Super Street
- Gruppe M Intake
- Mugen Exhaust
- JDM Cat
- Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
- Maxim Works Headers
- Spoon Calipers (hehehe im just plugging this in. I want you to get it!!!)
- Cusco Type II Lower Arm Bar
- Cusco Strut Bar
OMG!! now you REALLY make me wanna see both your cars!! so many nice mods man!!......ENdless vs. Spoon....hahaha!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris_F
yep performance all the way. My goal is to get an All motor 200hp to the wheels when i'm done with the power mods. But yea the oem kit is growing in me, and i'm keen to see how it looks with the euro-R grill.

I think i'll just stick with my wheels for a while longer. But 19" for show? No thanks i have a hard time looking at 18's on a euro/Tsx let alone 19" - nimble 4 cyl cars were made for 17's nothing more haha

in a year or two i'm hoping to get some SSR Type C's instead. They weigh 13 pounds at 17x7.5, lighter then TE37's look just as good and are cheaper.
I've seen the Euro R grille on the OEM kit before, looks ok, but Mugen grill DO look better...so, i don't know.

HAha... hey! Stephen has 20" ... now THAT's big! I used to think like you too, NOTHING over 18, because it will look too big and slow, but 19s are growing on me, look so nice!!

Oh, i've seen those and know many people who have it. You want some right? Look at aj-racing, they might have a few used set for sale from their s2k, don't know about the offset though~
Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 AM
Drifting

AHhaha...CCC wants to be the first one here to have the Endless!!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Benz_05_TSX
I've seen the Euro R grille on the OEM kit before, looks ok, but Mugen grill DO look better...so, i don't know.

HAha... hey! Stephen has 20" ... now THAT's big! I used to think like you too, NOTHING over 18, because it will look too big and slow, but 19s are growing on me, look so nice!!

Oh, i've seen those and know many people who have it. You want some right? Look at aj-racing, they might have a few used set for sale from their s2k, don't know about the offset though~
yea the mugen grill does look good with the oem kit i have to admit but for some reason not having the H there kinda annoyed me haha... looked like the car was missing its teeth or something? I'm really weird/picky like that when it comes to grills.

haha NOTHING over 18 thats my motto for the euro lol But i defintiely have heaps of respect for stephens car and his plans - if your gona have 18+ then go all out for show and flaunt it. It annoys me when ppl say they are goin all out performance then put 20" chromes on there car ... yea mate what are you doing??

i can get a brand new set of ssr type c for AUS$2200 and i've looked into s200 second hand wheels before but the offsets are all wrong (the rears are generaly lower offsets etc)
Old 12-21-2005, 05:04 AM
Drifting

yea the mugen grill does look good with the oem kit i have to admit but for some reason not having the H there kinda annoyed me haha... looked like the car was missing its teeth or something? I'm really weird/picky like that when it comes to grills.

haha NOTHING over 18 thats my motto for the euro lol But i defintiely have heaps of respect for stephens car and his plans - if your gona have 18+ then go all out for show and flaunt it. It annoys me when ppl say they are goin all out performance then put 20" chromes on there car ... yea mate what are you doing??

i can get a brand new set of ssr type c for AUS$2200 and i've looked into s200 second hand wheels before but the offsets are all wrong (the rears are generaly lower offsets etc)
Ya, i am very picky about grille and things too. I want to be unique, that's why i am looking at parts that not many people have, and ya, i know what you mean! My friend saw the mugen grille and thought it was the OEM grill but someone stole the "A" off.....hahah!

That's true!! nothing over 18s for this car, or any performance car (unless they are M3s, M6s...) Before i always wanted 18s.. but after i found out this car ain't that fast and no point of modding it for speed, i went for the show route. Now, all i do is for appearance, so that's why i might get 19s I don't care about performance anymore, and don't plan to do anything except exhaust, for the sound and look....or maybe a JDM intake!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Ya, i am very picky about grille and things too. I want to be unique, that's why i am looking at parts that not many people have, and ya, i know what you mean! My friend saw the mugen grille and thought it was the OEM grill but someone stole the "A" off.....hahah!
hahaha yea thats exactly what it looks like to me... it just looks like its missing something. Tho on certain cars it can look totally awesome, (ive seen some cars on these boards that it looks really good on). But to people not really up to speed i think they might see it and go "whats going on there??" so thats why i didnt get it.

I think in australia the euroR grill is quite unique and does what i want it to most and get rid of the chrome! haha

i actualyl think your car would be one of the ones that looks really good with the mugen grill (i prefer it on cars without fog lights to keep in with the "this car has holes in it" theme).
Old 12-21-2005, 05:38 AM
Burning Brakes

That's true!! nothing over 18s for this car, or any performance car (unless they are M3s, M6s...) Before i always wanted 18s.. but after i found out this car ain't that fast and no point of modding it for speed, i went for the show route. Now, all i do is for appearance, so that's why i might get 19s I don't care about performance anymore, and don't plan to do anything except exhaust, for the sound and look....or maybe a JDM intake!
haha, yea it's not the quickest car stock. But for an NA 4 cyl sedan i'm very happy with its performance. And if i can eventualyl make it pretty quick (which it will be with about 200hp at the wheels) i'll have an aweosme sleeper as a daily driver that is good on fuel at the same time and good on insurance. Thatll make me really happy

but yea i think everyone takes a different path with there car. Its what makes the tsx/euro so great. It suits both so well, i really think if you go all out track and show it can be very capable at both either way
Old 12-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Pimpin' Euro

i really wanna see ur car benz. as for jason's (coltsicehockey)'s euro R, every time i see that, big respect and props to him as he's sourced virtually every JDM part for the tsx from the euro imaginable. thats pure dedication and skill!

oh and btw chris! after i get my exhaust done and my rims fitted and lowered, gettin some personalised plates like ur "EURIO" at this point i'll keep it hush hush but it will go well with my show theme i think
Old 12-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Drifting

hahaha yea thats exactly what it looks like to me... it just looks like its missing something. Tho on certain cars it can look totally awesome, (ive seen some cars on these boards that it looks really good on). But to people not really up to speed i think they might see it and go "whats going on there??" so thats why i didnt get it.

I think in australia the euroR grill is quite unique and does what i want it to most and get rid of the chrome! haha

i actualyl think your car would be one of the ones that looks really good with the mugen grill (i prefer it on cars without fog lights to keep in with the "this car has holes in it" theme).
Ya, i don't know why on certain cars, the Mugen grille looks so good! But when you change the grille, people will still go WTF?? well.... not in your place, because yours are Honda anyways, but here in Canada, when we rebadge our car to HOnda, people will go WTF? too.....hahaha!

Before i want to get rid of the chrome!! i hate chrome! but, who said the Mugen lip has to have 2 silver rings, and the rims i want are gunmetal with a polished lip, so chrome will match....

Maybe i will get a mugen grille to try. If i don't like it, then... i will just get something else...hahah! It's always better to have more grilles
Old 12-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Drifting

haha, yea it's not the quickest car stock. But for an NA 4 cyl sedan i'm very happy with its performance. And if i can eventualyl make it pretty quick (which it will be with about 200hp at the wheels) i'll have an aweosme sleeper as a daily driver that is good on fuel at the same time and good on insurance. Thatll make me really happy

but yea i think everyone takes a different path with there car. Its what makes the tsx/euro so great. It suits both so well, i really think if you go all out track and show it can be very capable at both either way
I would love to see you tune your car to the MAX!! but if you want good fuel, i guess you are not getting a supercharger or TURBO eh?? ....
What about a ECU upgrade??

If we have the Euro R here, i would definitely go performance!! or even if i get the 6MT, i would've went performance too, but since i got the 5AT (parent issues), so the car is heavier AND slower, so i might as well just go for looks... not much point to track a AT car really....(unless is AMG or S4, RS6...hehe) but ya, i am surprised that even in Aus, i've seen two NBP that has been PIMPED OUT!! like, slammed the car with a OEM kit/Kentsyle with some nice 20" chromes!!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Cruisin'

Hi, Chris really like ya Mugen catback system it has always been my 1st choice. However, due to legal issues it aint happening..... Just FYI a fellow track junkie just dynoed 227whp on a k20A. Its all motor... with I/H/E cams, secret squirrel stuff & Ecu. Thus, for a K24A All motor 200Whp or more will not be a problem just the issue of $ka Ching......
http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=49729

So do not worry mate as the golden rule goes if in doubt keep it stock...: yes:
Old 12-22-2005, 03:10 PM

i havent got the mods i listed on yet
and yes it is the endless big brake calipers but it will be one of my final mods.
Yes they will probably be one of my final mods too cause they are so expensive atleast in the united states. The big brake kit is $3,400 plus shipping.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:11 PM

AHhaha...CCC wants to be the first one here to have the Endless!!
Yes I do!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

I would love to see you tune your car to the MAX!! but if you want good fuel, i guess you are not getting a supercharger or TURBO eh?? ....
Yep no turbo or supercharger for me. I'm goin I/H/E only for a year or so, then hopefulyl i'll have enough for a fully programmable ecu. I'll probably have to convert from DBW to cable throttle like on the euroR though to make this possible if hondata and other companies can't get around the DBW troubles. I'm also considering a k20a head or maybe just changing out cams... possibly destroker kit so i can have a few more revs? I've always liked being the under dog and if i can beat some v8's or even just v6 performance cars on the track i'll be over the moon

If we have the Euro R here, i would definitely go performance!! or even if i get the 6MT, i would've went performance too, but since i got the 5AT (parent issues), so the car is heavier AND slower, so i might as well just go for looks... not much point to track a AT car really....(unless is AMG or S4, RS6...hehe) but ya, i am surprised that even in Aus, i've seen two NBP that has been PIMPED OUT!! like, slammed the car with a OEM kit/Kentsyle with some nice 20" chromes!!
I didn't realise your car was 5AT, yea i can definitely see why your going for show then. And believe me your doing a good job - your car is already damn nice and only gonna get better haha yea there a few pimped euro's in aus already - most of the time they are done pretty tastefully too (ie. stephen8512's car) which is good for keeping the classy image of the car

Originally Posted by beeastan70
Hi, Chris really like ya Mugen catback system it has always been my 1st choice. However, due to legal issues it aint happening..... Just FYI a fellow track junkie just dynoed 227whp on a k20A. Its all motor... with I/H/E cams, secret squirrel stuff & Ecu. Thus, for a K24A All motor 200Whp or more will not be a problem just the issue of $ka Ching......
thanks - i'm defintiely very happy with it - i could actually feel a power gain with it. 227whp is very very good indeed. Yea it's goin to be expensive but even if i can match or go past the level of powr the euro-R has stock i'll be very happy.

just out of interest do you know if the mugen exhaust has been proven to have power gains? I can't find anything about it or any dynos, Thanks
Old 12-23-2005, 04:08 AM
Drifting

Yep no turbo or supercharger for me. I'm goin I/H/E only for a year or so, then hopefulyl i'll have enough for a fully programmable ecu. I'll probably have to convert from DBW to cable throttle like on the euroR though to make this possible if hondata and other companies can't get around the DBW troubles. I'm also considering a k20a head or maybe just changing out cams... possibly destroker kit so i can have a few more revs? I've always liked being the under dog and if i can beat some v8's or even just v6 performance cars on the track i'll be over the moon
Ya, it's aways the DBW problem. Stupid new cars, what are there so much technology?? Why couldn't it be like the good old days (when i was just born) where you can do anything to the engine like there's no tomorrow!! It would be stupid by IF, only IF you swap a Euro R engine in it, i think you can do ALOT more and will increase your power quite a bit, but, an extra $4-5k plus labour to get a few horses squeezed out off, it's not worth it, unless you are that desperate!! but, good luck beating a V6 or even a V8 , you gotta telll us if you do, so i can be proud and say, ya, i know a TSX (Accord) can beat a V6 no problem!! haha!

I didn't realise your car was 5AT, yea i can definitely see why your going for show then. And believe me your doing a good job - your car is already damn nice and only gonna get better haha yea there a few pimped euro's in aus already - most of the time they are done pretty tastefully too (ie. stephen8512's car) which is good for keeping the classy image of the car
Ya, i wish my car wasn't 5AT!! now i still have the bug of wanting to drive manual. SO my next car definitly going to be a manual one, no Benz or Bimmers for me yet! Thanks man, my car is not THAT nice....wish i have more cash on hand, then it would definitely be more nice! At least a set of nice JDM rims will do!! One of the good thing about this car is, you can go performacne or show! , like you said, and not many people DO go perfromance, so i really wanna see what you can do to an Accord!! At least you track your car, i know some people (not TSX) who mods their engine like crazy, changed almost everything, cams, springs, trottle body and yet, they don't even rev over 3k rpm, they just did it for show!! so, at least you track your car!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Ya, it's aways the DBW problem. Stupid new cars, what are there so much technology?? Why couldn't it be like the good old days (when i was just born) where you can do anything to the engine like there's no tomorrow!! It would be stupid by IF, only IF you swap a Euro R engine in it, i think you can do ALOT more and will increase your power quite a bit, but, an extra $4-5k plus labour to get a few horses squeezed out off, it's not worth it, unless you are that desperate!! but, good luck beating a V6 or even a V8 , you gotta telll us if you do, so i can be proud and say, ya, i know a TSX (Accord) can beat a V6 no problem!! haha!
Yea the DBW kinda has me stumped... apparently it's meant to be a better system, but i don't really know why? Would having an ecu that could control DBW instead of converting to a cable really be worth? Or is it simply to say "this car is DBW" and am i better of going to a cable- don't know yet.

I think the K24a has just as much if not more potential then the k20a so i'll be sticking with that. Putting the type R spec k20a head on the k24 block has shown really good results and i think the extra torque is needed in a car that weighs a couple hundred kilos more than an RSX/integra.

baboo (steve) was on these forums for a while he had the same car as me (even the same colour) and after he set his car up for the track he was keeping pace with e36 m3's and an SS commodore v8 ute couldn't pass him because he kept pulling away in the corners.

Ya, i wish my car wasn't 5AT!! now i still have the bug of wanting to drive manual. SO my next car definitly going to be a manual one, no Benz or Bimmers for me yet! Thanks man, my car is not THAT nice....wish i have more cash on hand, then it would definitely be more nice! At least a set of nice JDM rims will do!! One of the good thing about this car is, you can go performacne or show! , like you said, and not many people DO go perfromance, so i really wanna see what you can do to an Accord!! At least you track your car, i know some people (not TSX) who mods their engine like crazy, changed almost everything, cams, springs, trottle body and yet, they don't even rev over 3k rpm, they just did it for show!! so, at least you track your car!
yea i would find it really frustrating having an auto when i really wanted the most performance out of the car. In the next few years i think the difference between manual and auto will start becomming less and less though but still auto clutch would make you feel less part of the car - even if the gear changes were quicker then a conventional manual i'd find it hard to swap over.

yep i'll defintiely keep you guys posted, i plan on doing a dyno too once i got my I/H/E done, i'm really hoping for about 180hp atw (measured on an Ausy calibrated dyno which seem to read really low - The equivalent of an RSX type s over hear puts out about 110-115kw/150-160hp atw on a dyno - whats up with that?)

I haven't tracked my car yet, i plan to tho - once I/H/E, clutch/flywheel etc is all done that's where i'm heading
Old 12-23-2005, 04:49 AM
Drifting

Yea the DBW kinda has me stumped... apparently it's meant to be a better system, but i don't really know why? Would having an ecu that could control DBW instead of converting to a cable really be worth? Or is it simply to say "this car is DBW" and am i better of going to a cable- don't know yet.

I think the K24a has just as much if not more potential then the k20a so i'll be sticking with that. Putting the type R spec k20a head on the k24 block has shown really good results and i think the extra torque is needed in a car that weighs a couple hundred kilos more than an RSX/integra.

baboo (steve) was on these forums for a while he had the same car as me (even the same colour) and after he set his car up for the track he was keeping pace with e36 m3's and an SS commodore v8 ute couldn't pass him because he kept pulling away in the corners.
Well, apparently, as days go by, technology advances, and when everywhere's technology change and advance, so does our cars. People don't want to pay this much for a car that has NO computer or technology on it, so that's why they are putting DWB in the car, to make it more high-tech and seem more safe.

I've actually seen people putting a TSX head on a K20a head and seemed good result, but i guess it can go either way. Ya, i definitely think torque is one of the more important things for this car since it's so heavy. I mean, hp = top speed and when you track the car, you can only go so fast, so torque is better!

WOw... what did Steve do to his car?? But i bet it's a MT!! Because i have this friend with a M3 and he called the TSX a Kart car, like it used for shopping carts, well, OBVIOUSLY, since he raced some on a straight road! BUt i tried to play around with him, and i was surprise on the start, he couldn't catch up to me in the first 3-5 secs.....so i would definitly like to see a TSX beat a M3 and shut his big mouth!! What kinda suspension mod did he do?

yea i would find it really frustrating having an auto when i really wanted the most performance out of the car. In the next few years i think the difference between manual and auto will start becomming less and less though but still auto clutch would make you feel less part of the car - even if the gear changes were quicker then a conventional manual i'd find it hard to swap over.

yep i'll defintiely keep you guys posted, i plan on doing a dyno too once i got my I/H/E done, i'm really hoping for about 180hp atw (measured on an Ausy calibrated dyno which seem to read really low - The equivalent of an RSX type s over hear puts out about 110-115kw/150-160hp atw on a dyno - whats up with that?)

I haven't tracked my car yet, i plan to tho - once I/H/E, clutch/flywheel etc is all done that's where i'm heading
From what i heard, once you go manual, you can't go back
I really wanted the manual, but, parent issues, i couldn't get it. BUt i am still looking to get my next car as a manual perfromance coupe. Look at the SMG, it's said to be pretty well done, and on the M5, the new SMG is suppose to be faster than Manual during shifts! but even the AT TSX shifts pretty fast already....considering it as an auto..

YOur dyno is weird, a Type S only gets 150-160whp?? haha, wow, then you can actually beat a Type S!! that's good!!

Are you going the hardcore route of tracking?? Like basically stripping everything inside the car or at least the audio and shredding unnecessary pounds?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:18 AM
Burning Brakes

I've actually seen people putting a TSX head on a K20a head and seemed good result, but i guess it can go either way. Ya, i definitely think torque is one of the more important things for this car since it's so heavy. I mean, hp = top speed and when you track the car, you can only go so fast, so torque is better!
WOw... what did Steve do to his car?? But i bet it's a MT!! Because i have this friend with a M3 and he called the TSX a Kart car, like it used for shopping carts, well, OBVIOUSLY, since he raced some on a straight road! BUt i tried to play around with him, and i was surprise on the start, he couldn't catch up to me in the first 3-5 secs.....so i would definitly like to see a TSX beat a M3 and shut his big mouth!! What kinda suspension mod did he do?
Yep steves car was an MT, he had all the same bracing bars as me, cusco type II lower arm bar, whiteline rear sway, cusco front strut, then he had some Zeal coilovers, maxim works header, comptech ice box (i think or a custom CAI) and a single outlet exhaust. From memory when his car was stripped it weighed about 1390kg with fuel and possibly a driver too (this was also the luxury model that was slightly heavier than standard)? not too sure.

The m3 he versed on the track was an e36 (not the current m3 the one before). At the time i also think he was running semi slicks to give him a handling advantage. But it goes to show with some well thought out power mods and a well sorted suspension the euro has some big tracking potential.

From what i heard, once you go manual, you can't go back
I really wanted the manual, but, parent issues, i couldn't get it. BUt i am still looking to get my next car as a manual perfromance coupe. Look at the SMG, it's said to be pretty well done, and on the M5, the new SMG is suppose to be faster than Manual during shifts! but even the AT TSX shifts pretty fast already....considering it as an auto.. YOur dyno is weird, a Type S only gets 150-160whp?? haha, wow, then you can actually beat a Type S!! that's good!!

Are you going the hardcore route of tracking?? Like basically stripping everything inside the car or at least the audio and shredding unnecessary pounds?
yea the dyno's here seem to read in very low number compared to some i've seen from the states - i don't know why? I may not be remembering 100% accurately here, but steve dynoed about 122kw-125kw at one point with some of his power mods (about 165hp) and on the same day a DC5R put out about 115kw. I guess dynos are calibrated differently everwhere you go, and it goes to show they cant really be trsuted for showing peak numbers only the difference between cars dynoed on the same day or parts tested on the same day... and even then they aren't super accurate. If your butt tells you its good - thats just as good IMO

Nah, i'm not going fully hardcore with the tracking, this car still has to be my daily driver. For when i go on the track i'll take out the spare tyre etc. rear seats... and all the easy parts to remove but i'll leave the stock audio etc in there, as thats startin to get a bit too full on for me. (i already had my stereo equipment previously in the car uninstalled because of this track focus - saved about 50kg or so right there!)
Old 12-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Drifting

i really wanna see ur car benz. as for jason's (coltsicehockey)'s euro R, every time i see that, big respect and props to him as he's sourced virtually every JDM part for the tsx from the euro imaginable. thats pure dedication and skill!

oh and btw chris! after i get my exhaust done and my rims fitted and lowered, gettin some personalised plates like ur "EURIO" at this point i'll keep it hush hush but it will go well with my show theme i think
My car is posted in the thread that CCC made
Post pics after you done man!! i really wanna see how the chrome looks on a CG!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 AM
05 SSM TSX 5AT

i always wanted to knw what the mugen sounded like....all i can say is wow.

all i want for christmas....is your mugen exhaust

lol
Old 12-24-2005, 01:18 AM
Drifting

Yep steves car was an MT, he had all the same bracing bars as me, cusco type II lower arm bar, whiteline rear sway, cusco front strut, then he had some Zeal coilovers, maxim works header, comptech ice box (i think or a custom CAI) and a single outlet exhaust. From memory when his car was stripped it weighed about 1390kg with fuel and possibly a driver too (this was also the luxury model that was slightly heavier than standard)? not too sure.

The m3 he versed on the track was an e36 (not the current m3 the one before). At the time i also think he was running semi slicks to give him a handling advantage. But it goes to show with some well thought out power mods and a well sorted suspension the euro has some big tracking potential.
Wow, STeve's car sounds pretty stripped down and track ready! Wish i had the EUro R here, i might've done the same!

My friend has both the e36 and e46, so he raced with both. SO, i still wanna show him that a TSX can beat a M3!! I think if you can find the right combination, you car will be awesome at track, but it's alot of money and have to go through many items to find the right set up!

yea the dyno's here seem to read in very low number compared to some i've seen from the states - i don't know why? I may not be remembering 100% accurately here, but steve dynoed about 122kw-125kw at one point with some of his power mods (about 165hp) and on the same day a DC5R put out about 115kw. I guess dynos are calibrated differently everwhere you go, and it goes to show they cant really be trsuted for showing peak numbers only the difference between cars dynoed on the same day or parts tested on the same day... and even then they aren't super accurate. If your butt tells you its good - thats just as good IMO

Nah, i'm not going fully hardcore with the tracking, this car still has to be my daily driver. For when i go on the track i'll take out the spare tyre etc. rear seats... and all the easy parts to remove but i'll leave the stock audio etc in there, as thats startin to get a bit too full on for me. (i already had my stereo equipment previously in the car uninstalled because of this track focus - saved about 50kg or so right there!)
Myabe you guys have a different number system?? or a different way to measure the dyno? I don't know, it should be the same worldwide!! I sometimes don't trust dyno either.. like the power of a car is a big factor, but i think the skill of the driver is very important too! the perfect shifts, the launch, and how well he corners are all major factors of judging how fast a car is! so, dyno sometimes ain't that important!

YA! i know audio and AC are pretty heavy, along with the back seats... so taking these out would definitly help shred some weight!! I think what you are doing is right, since it's a daily driver, you still wanna ENJOY right, so audio is necessary. but ya, you should definitly get a set of 17" track rims, so you can put some nice tires on it!! and not waste and thread during street use!
Old 12-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Wow, STeve's car sounds pretty stripped down and track ready! Wish i had the EUro R here, i might've done the same!

My friend has both the e36 and e46, so he raced with both. SO, i still wanna show him that a TSX can beat a M3!! I think if you can find the right combination, you car will be awesome at track, but it's alot of money and have to go through many items to find the right set up!
yea steve's car was awesome back in the day... his since sold it and looking for something else.

haha i think it would take a lot of mods for a tsx to beat even a stock m3, but i'm sure it can be done given enough money (i think it would also work out cheaper then just buying an m3) - but yea the mods would have to be chosen very wisely.

Originally Posted by QUOTE=Benz_05_TSX

Myabe you guys have a different number system?? or a different way to measure the dyno? I don't know, it should be the same worldwide!! I sometimes don't trust dyno either.. like the power of a car is a big factor, but i think the skill of the driver is very important too! the perfect shifts, the launch, and how well he corners are all major factors of judging how fast a car is! so, dyno sometimes ain't that important!

YA! i know audio and AC are pretty heavy, along with the back seats... so taking these out would definitly help shred some weight!! I think what you are doing is right, since it's a daily driver, you still wanna ENJOY right, so audio is necessary. but ya, you should definitly get a set of 17" track rims, so you can put some nice tires on it!! and not waste and thread during street use!
yea i'm not to sure what's up with the dyno's here or even what type of dynos are used as standard in australia. yea i'd love some forged track rims, but i think it'd be more of an advantage to simply keep what i got now and buy a set of track tyres for my current wheels. That way i can spend the saved money on an ecu and some track speficic break pads (i don't think i'll ever really bother with new calipers or rotas - so expensive)
Old 12-24-2005, 06:02 AM
Drifting

yea steve's car was awesome back in the day... his since sold it and looking for something else.

haha i think it would take a lot of mods for a tsx to beat even a stock m3, but i'm sure it can be done given enough money (i think it would also work out cheaper then just buying an m3) - but yea the mods would have to be chosen very wisely.
Damn, steve sold his car?? FOr what? would be interesting to see how he mods his next car!

I don't think a TSX can EVER beat a stock M3, unless you do a crazy engine swap otherwise, no mods can help it!! we are atlking about a 133hp difference!! well, in Auz, M3 are 343hp, but here only 333hp..... i think it would be cheaper just to buy a M3....

yea i'm not to sure what's up with the dyno's here or even what type of dynos are used as standard in australia. yea i'd love some forged track rims, but i think it'd be more of an advantage to simply keep what i got now and buy a set of track tyres for my current wheels. That way i can spend the saved money on an ecu and some track speficic break pads (i don't think i'll ever really bother with new calipers or rotas - so expensive)
Ya, new calipers are REALLY REALLU money, but i heard it's a must have if you track your car hard. But if you just get tires, don't you have to change tires everytime you track then? wouldn't it be annoying?
Old 12-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Burning Brakes

but in australia in m3 is about 140,000, and a euro is about 35,000... so with 100,000 dollars worh of mods to a euro you still couldn't afford an m3... and 100,000 would definitely make it quicker around a track! haha

and yea i'd just change my tires everytime i tracked the car i mean itd save me about 3000 on a second set of rims so i wouldnt mind doing it