Modified TSX needed in SoCal ASAP for full feature!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking Modified TSX needed in SoCal ASAP for full feature!!!

Ok, we have a connection with a very mainstream, new but mature automotive magazine that is looking for Acuras like the TL, TSX and even the RL.
They want something classy, not tuner, this magazine is a step up on Super street and other tuner magazines. Now here are the guidelines to get an article written on the TSX (please, no more details are available at this time):

1.) has to be sporty, and modified
2.) preferable to have a Supercharger and many engine mods
3.) has to be lowereed, with at least 19" wheels and a bodykit.
4.) Has to have RJ wheels, and if it doesn't we can work msomething out.
5.) has to be in SoCal.
6.) time is tight, we need it asap.

Thjis magazine is found at every barnes and noble and has a huge distribution thru Primedia.
Call toll free 1-888-8RONJON (1-888-876-6566) for more info or email at: info@ronjonsportdesign.com

(fyi, i'm merely posting this for ron in the 1st gen area. please contact him for details)
Old 04-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Time to Climb

oh, it's for traction magazine ... a new modifed car enthusiast publication that's dedicated to a more mature car and more mature vehicles. it's personally my fav magazine of it's kind (the others are a bit too juvinile for my taste).
Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know shit about the geography of California but this is right up Tsx536's alley if they'll let him squeak by with his 18" Advans.

Kenny, get on dat!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM
-Nick-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Audioserf
I don't know shit about the geography of California but this is right up Tsx536's alley if they'll let him squeak by with his 18" Advans.

Kenny, get on dat!
He is up in northern California I think, so that is about 6-8 hours away (not sure where he is exactly). I guess it is worth it to be in a magazine though
Old 04-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by CGP06tsx
He is up in northern California I think, so that is about 6-8 hours away (not sure where he is exactly). It is worth it to be in a magazine though

Fixed.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro

hey godfather, i'm a little confused. You said they want something classy and not tuner, but they're lookin for something with S/C and many engine mods? anyways, hope they find someone from here....good luck with it....hope to read it someday soon!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Originally Posted by hawaiiantsx
hey godfather, i'm a little confused. You said they want something classy and not tuner, but they're lookin for something with S/C and many engine mods? anyways, hope they find someone from here....good luck with it....hope to read it someday soon!!!!!!
yeaaa.. i wonder too...

isnt S/C and engine modssssss considered as tuner?!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:34 AM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's probably looking for:

VIP on the outside
Tuner under the hood
Stock interior (no racing seats or whatever)
Old 04-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Time to Climb

Originally Posted by hawaiiantsx
when did i say that? they want a classy/up scale/vip (or close) modified vehicle. big spenders usually will get the nod in a mag like this ... but don't you all think it's about time the tsx got some shine?

the magazine really is terrific, i'm entirely uninterested in the writing in all the other publications, sans honda tuning.

let's make this happen
Old 04-27-2008, 01:45 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the Traction magazine. They are pretty new, but compare to SuperStreet, Performance & Sound, or DC Sports, they are way classier, it gives you that "upper-class" feel.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Time to Climb

any more updates, rondog?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:14 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Brian Yoshino's TSX is one of the few that come to my mind.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Old 06-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This pic indicates the turbo setup is not running boost...

Old 06-13-2008, 11:17 AM
B A N N E D

isn't the snail behind the valve cover ?
Old 06-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Racer

That red TSX is not what I consider a mature car. A mature care is somewhat of a sleeper with out stickers and crap all over it with 5 million watts of stereo power that will just kill your ears and make the best of built cars rattle. The car has a lot of money invested in but in no way is it mature. It kills every time someone on here posts it up as a great car. Its way over the top and should be kept to magazines the teenies like. Thats my opinion. There are so many better TSXs on here that are tastefully done that I would much rather have then that thing.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Advanced

Doesnt seem like that car is running boost for sure. If that's the case... that's alot of dead weight added for the whole set up of intercooler and pipes. Not to mention all the stereo upgrades in the trunk. performance race car? hardly. Show-off...yes.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by godfather2
They want something classy, not tuner, this magazine is a step up on Super street and other tuner magazines.

so what exactly do they want?

too bad it's cali only. i know a certain blue one that's badass and would be perfect.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Originally Posted by godfather2
3.) has to be lowereed, with at least 19" wheels and a bodykit.
4.) Has to have RJ wheels, and if it doesn't we can work msomething out.
5.) has to be in SoCal.
6.) time is tight, we need it asap.

Thjis magazine is found at every barnes and noble and has a huge distribution thru Primedia.

I guess, I don't qualify.

1- I'm modified
2- No S/C, but I got the HyTech
3- I'm lowered, OEM wheels, no kit
4- OEM wheels
5- I'm in SoCal
Old 06-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
This pic indicates the turbo setup is not running boost...

That is the first engine bay pic I've seen of this supposedly "turbo TSX", and I don't see ANY evidence of a turbo there (except for that interfooler).

Looks like this guy really was full of after all...
Old 06-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by cmschmie
Old 06-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Intermediate

Here we go with the pointless topic of the so called boosted TSX.. Yes the car is boosted and I have seen it run. And why haven't you found a car to shoot for this so called TUNER Magazine.. Unless you guys are being a tad bit to picky....
Old 06-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 06PWPssshh
Here we go with the pointless topic of the so called boosted TSX.. Yes the car is boosted and I have seen it run. And why haven't you found a car to shoot for this so called TUNER Magazine.. Unless you guys are being a tad bit to picky....
So when can we actually see a verified pic/vid/something palpable of this turbo that you've apparently seen with your own eyes?

The reason why we're wondering is because the concept of a functional turbo is one that all of us have been looking for. If this guy is actually running one, that's great...but until there is proof, I'm saying he's full of by adding an interfooler on his car.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The reason I said it's not running boost because the IAT sensor is mounted in the rubber grommet in the stock location. This means if the presence of any positive pressure in the intake system, the IAT sensor will be blown out of the hole and it will never hold any boost pressure. Also, those are not the proper clamps for the couplings for the same reason.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DAYTA
So when can we actually see a verified pic/vid/something palpable of this turbo that you've apparently seen with your own eyes?

The reason why we're wondering is because the concept of a functional turbo is one that all of us have been looking for. If this guy is actually running one, that's great...but until there is proof, I'm saying he's full of by adding an interfooler on his car.
Im glad you really feel that way and am totaly sorry that you seem to be so butt hurt that this individual has his car boosted.. If you know anyone that lives in socal and attends shows or any BOTI or NHRA events and has seen this car pull in or out of the show can vouch for this car being boosted.. The car is 100% sposored and you can personally call HONDATA yourself if youd like and ask them about the piggyback ECU the car is running for the KPRO....
Jealousy and ENVY doesn't get you anywhere buddy..
I really dont get what is so hard to believe about a TSX being boosted. All it takes is cash and the right sources...
The car is running on 6lbs of boost last time I saw it..
The only reason I'm vouching for this car being boosted is because this continues to be such a hard thing to believe... I didn't want to believe at first either.
I purchased my car with the intentions of boosting it as well.. So when I came across this car a couple years ago I actually found the owner of the car at Fontana and spoke with him... And actually heard the car leave and have came across the car several times after that . The owner is good guy and was up front about his car. The car has had 2 color changes from its original color and will soon be going through 3rd one soon...
Old 06-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Im glad you really feel that way and am totaly sorry that you seem to be so butt hurt that this individual has his car boosted.. If you know anyone that lives in socal and attends shows or any BOTI or NHRA events and has seen this car pull in or out of the show can vouch for this car being boosted.. The car is 100% sposored and you can personally call HONDATA yourself if youd like and ask them about the piggyback ECU the car is running for the KPRO....
Jealousy and ENVY doesn't get you anywhere buddy..
I really dont get what is so hard to believe about a TSX being boosted. All it takes is cash and the right sources...
The car is running on 6lbs of boost last time I saw it..
The only reason I'm vouching for this car being boosted is because this continues to be such a hard thing to believe... I didn't want to believe at first either.
I purchased my car with the intentions of boosting it as well.. So when I came across this car a couple years ago I actually found the owner of the car at Fontana and spoke with him... And actually heard the car leave and have came across the car several times after that . The owner is good guy and was up front about his car. The car has had 2 color changes from its original color and will soon be going through 3rd one soon...

If it is turboed, then that'd make sense that it's using K-Pro. However, that also means he's also losing all his gauges and amenities which are things that 99% of us are not willing to give up. So no, it's not unbelievable that someone would custom fabricate a turbo setup on a show car, but I still want to see pics of this setup for myself. Until then, I will remain skeptical because I have yet to see pics of a turboed TSX...

BTW, I don't know why you think I'm jealous or "butt hurt" because I already AM boosted since I followed through with my intentions, and I too am around 6lbs of boost (for now ). If you want, here's MY proof:

Old 06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If it is turboed, then that'd make sense that it's using K-Pro. However, that also means he's also losing all his gauges and amenities which are things that 99% of us are not willing to give up. So no, it's not unbelievable that someone would custom fabricate a turbo setup on a show car, but I still want to see pics of this setup for myself. Until then, I will remain skeptical because I have yet to see pics of a turboed TSX...

BTW, I don't know why you think I'm jealous or "butt hurt" because I already AM boosted since I followed through with my intentions, and I too am around 6lbs of boost (for now ). If you want, here's MY proof:

GOT EM!!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Instructor

badass, clean engine bay. like the valve cover and sc
Old 06-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by speedlimitz
badass, clean engine bay. like the valve cover and sc
Very nice set up indeed... And I'm glad you followed through with your plans. As for myself I never had any plans to go through with a S/C for many reasons.. As in my opinion is not worth the money for the power it produces.. To eash his own. I know of a few people running that COMPTECH S/C and to my knowledge it's really not worth dealing with all the problems and issues that thing produces. But yet again it looks great.
I'll make sure to get you some photos of the interior next time I see the car.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Very nice set up indeed... And I'm glad you followed through with your plans. As for myself I never had any plans to go through with a S/C for many reasons.. As in my opinion is not worth the money for the power it produces.. To eash his own. I know of a few people running that COMPTECH S/C and to my knowledge it's really not worth dealing with all the problems and issues that thing produces. But yet again it looks great.
I'll make sure to get you some photos of the interior next time I see the car.
Thanks for the kudos. I agree that it is a matter of opinion whether or not the Comptech S/C is worthwhile. It is a very expensive mod and I do often wish that it generated even more power. However, given the limited number of options (i.e. just one at the moment) for our K24a2, beggars can't be choosers. I personally love mine. It's not just about peak gains (but those are nice too) - the power band is so much more useable. Alot of the issues people had with the TSX revolved around the lack of low-end torque, and the S/C helps to alleviate this problem in both quantity and quality.

What problems and issues with the Comptech S/C are you referring to? I've had mine on since last October and it's run perfectly (knocks wood). Tsx536 was one of the first people to have one installed about 2 years ago IIRC, and I don't believe he's had any problems either after 30k+ miles.

If you could take pictures of the turbo setup in that TSX, that'd be great. I am very curious to see what it looks like. I've been seeing pics of that car for a long time now, and I still don't understand why engine bay pics are so elusive.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:46 AM
D.A.C.

I am a 1st time poster here and found this site while looking for information on Brian's TSX online. I will probably never post again but I would like to clear up everything about this TSX-T as I have been working with Brian on his past 2 project vehicles. Yes, the T is for TURBO. Brian started off with a Civic Si, TURBO'd it, unfortunately crashed it, got a TSX, and TURBO'd it too. Brian has a very good relationship with a fabricator in San Diego who did all his engine and exterior fabrication and customization - the flares, side skirts, and front / rear bumper extension pieces were all made out of sheet metal. And I am not sure which ECU he is using from Hondata, but he has retained full usage of all OEM electronics and gauges. Since pictures speak louder than words, here are images of the Civic Si-T, the TSX engine bay after the turbo was installed, and what the vehicle has looked like since it was purchased. Like 06PWPssshh said, it has gone through a couple of changes but this should be it. Hope this clears up everything.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:55 AM
D.A.C.

OOPS. Images did not post. Here they are on Flickr:
Brian Yoshino Images
Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by dragonaftermarketconsulti
OOPS. Images did not post. Here they are on Flickr:
Brian Yoshino Images
When pics are posted of the car with the previous thread we have yet to see a clearer pics of the engine bay so that is why most people on here doubted that the guy is boosted now with the above links you can actually see the turbo setup that he has which put to an end debate. I like the car it is different especially for a show car you have to have a crazy setup with the flares and the paint to really standout. Now if you don't mind me asking how much power he is pushing or have he dynoed the car yet and is his engine still have stock internal. If it wasn't a show car with the added weight now that he has Kpro and turboed that has potential to be a fast TSX. Personally a proper turbocharged TSX is the way to go.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dragonaftermarketconsulti
I am a 1st time poster here and found this site while looking for information on Brian's TSX online. I will probably never post again but I would like to clear up everything about this TSX-T as I have been working with Brian on his past 2 project vehicles. Yes, the T is for TURBO. Brian started off with a Civic Si, TURBO'd it, unfortunately crashed it, got a TSX, and TURBO'd it too. Brian has a very good relationship with a fabricator in San Diego who did all his engine and exterior fabrication and customization - the flares, side skirts, and front / rear bumper extension pieces were all made out of sheet metal. And I am not sure which ECU he is using from Hondata, but he has retained full usage of all OEM electronics and gauges. Since pictures speak louder than words, here are images of the Civic Si-T, the TSX engine bay after the turbo was installed, and what the vehicle has looked like since it was purchased. Like 06PWPssshh said, it has gone through a couple of changes but this should be it. Hope this clears up everything.
Thank you very much for posting these pics. I've wanted to see evidence of a turbo in the engine bay, and now there's no denying it's there. However, I am very curious what he's doing for engine management with the turbo, especially since you say he is retaining full functionality of his gauges and amenities. Like CGPTSX06 asked before, does this guy actually have a dyno sheet to see what he's putting down? I'd like to see if it's a properly tuned setup or if the turbo is just slapped on there. I wonder if he's using a similar dual-ECU setup as Doug from Hondata. In other words, he's using a TSX ECU for the gauges and a RSX ECU + K-Pro for the engine management. If so, I don't understand why they haven't released a kit/harness for this setup.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:09 AM
D.A.C.

OK, this is all the information I can remember / find:
Yes, there are 2 ecu's as he is running a piggy back. No idea which ecu but it does not have a rev limiter and has never been completed as the car has not returned to Hondata. The car has been on a dyno but we do not remember the numbers and cannot find the printout. The engine still has stock internals. The engine has been tuned as the vehicle was originally built to be a daily-driven car same as his Si-T.

Hope this helps out.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

this harness needs to be released....badly.....
Old 07-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Still looking...

the results of our calling to TL owners:

http://www.ronjonwheels.com/press.html

Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Time to Climb

suite
Old 08-03-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

I've got one... still working on the wheels but it's lowered, supercharged, intake, header, exhaust, short shifter and I think that's about it for right now... It's a 6 speed w/ navi, bluetooth, voice recognition...etc.... Oh and everything is comptech...
Old 11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Time to Climb

if anybody is wondering -- traction magazine still doesn't offer a subscription. it's a shame because this tuner mag suits me the most.

http://www.tractionmagazine.net/

Quick Reply: Modified TSX needed in SoCal ASAP for full feature!!!