Long time Member, First time PHOTOS

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time Member, First time PHOTOS

So I've been here a while but never have posted pics. Here she is!!!

04 NBP NAVI 53K
Upgrades...
-30% Tints
-All-Season Floor Mats
-Trunk Tray
-Racing Brake Rotors and Pads
-Bridgestone RS 960 AS

I hope the links work, If not I'll be fixing.

Questions and Comments are ALWAYS welcome.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

nice ride, the only suggestion I would make is on the future mods list you may want to double check the Type-S TL rims and the coil-overs. The TL rims are an ET45 offset the TSX really likes the OEM ET55 offset to prevent outer edge of the tire hitting the fender or inner bumper cover in the rear on a lowered car.

You might want to look at a set of the Acura A-spec style rims in 17 or 18 inch sizes, they run about the same price. Else the TireRack has a few rims choices in the same size as the TL rim in 17x8 width, but a more friendly ET48 to 55 offset.

I can't recall if TR motorsports rims have that size, some of the Webb Sports might as well. I think they offer a SportEdition 17x8 ET50 rim too, but it's in more grey finish then a dark finish like the Type-S rim.

If you have some serious coin I've always been partial to the BBS RGR forged rims. I think OZ Racing also has a few choices in 17x8 that will fit the TSX. TireRack now has some Volk choices too.

With a wider 8" rim width you may want to step up to a 235-45-17 tire, it will give you a better fit to the rim and still give you a nice sidewall look of the TL S rim-tire combo.

If you still want the TL look on a 7.5 wide rim look for an OEM TSX size like 215-50-17. I think Continental just re-issued the ContiSport Contact3's in an XL Z-plus rating summer tire version for the TSX size.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Instructor

Good suggestions. I'm actually shopping around for the best A-Spec suspension price. I hoping I can find it for cheap due to the 09 TSX's being out. My number one rim choice would be the TL-S wheels.. A LOT of $ though.

If I can get those two items: A-Spec Suspension, TL-S wheels... I would call my car complete.

By the way, MrChad, I read your review on you A-Spec conversion and was very impressed. + its nice to know someone in or around Chicago.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TWONZ
Good suggestions. I'm actually shopping around for the best A-Spec suspension price. I hoping I can find it for cheap due to the 09 TSX's being out. My number one rim choice would be the TL-S wheels.. A LOT of $ though.

If I can get those two items: A-Spec Suspension, TL-S wheels... I would call my car complete.

By the way, MrChad, I read your review on you A-Spec conversion and was very impressed. + its nice to know someone in or around Chicago.

check with tim from hondaacuraworld.com hes one of our vendors... i go to him everytime im in search of oem parts! (he has an aim sn set up for inquiries)
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Instructor

vthree...
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.