An Accident That Wasn't Supposed To Happen

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tintin
guys, is the body of the Acura TSX weak!?
I mean, i have an integra, and any little hit, will make a dent, its really really weak.
Is the TSX similar, or ....?

Thanks

Hello, welcome to Honda vehicles

Egg in LA = egg in NY : all crack the same
Old 11-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gdcwatt
Leaving the scene of an accident is a big no-no in the eyes of the law here, in Toronto, and in this case it would seem that the BMW's guilty flight could be construed as an admission of guilt. Report it. Get the police and your insurance company to find that car. How many white 06 BMW 3 Series are out there (probably a silly question) which need a rear bumper and other parts. That car could likely be found, and at this point she's probably going to claim that somebody hit her car in a parking lot somewhere, she'll report it, and maybe you'll get lucky and she'll get nailed for insurance fraud!

My cars have been attacked 8 times in the last 12 months - 7 times while not moving, and 4 times while parked. I've been thinking about writing a book titled, How To Meet Attractive Young Women Half A Mile From The GO Train Station, and subtitled, How To Get Your Car Repainted One Corner At A Time.

Finally, someone shouldn't get away with damaging two nice cars. Find that woman!
Well I don't think you should resort to violence:

But maybe this is a Canadian thing but leaving the scene of a traffic accident where more than $1000 in damage has occured is a big thing up here ... Even if you agree not to bother with insurance claim later on. She could have been charged. I would have called 911. This hit and run cow should have been thrown on the hood of the car, cuffed and taken down to the station to spend some quality time with our well paid police force. Preferably in front of her fat husband or grandkids and lots of other spectators while she screams, "You can't do this to me! "

Of course if it's the wrong part of LA and you get bumped from the rear I'm told you're supposed call 911 right away & keep driving.

PS. I hope "how to meet young attractive women 1/2 mile from GO station" doesn't mean Jarvis. -jk
Old 11-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Pro

Only a fool argues with a fool...
Old 11-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sebo
they should ban anyone over 50 from driving! something similar happened to me a couple years ago driving a nissan maxima.. some 50 yr old fuck was on the emergency lane and decided to pull onto the left lane at 10mph... i'm going nearly 70 and i hit him from the back.

u know what the fuck up thing is about this? when u hit someone from the back it's automatically your fault (at least here).. these old fucking people should take the bus because they are wreckless drivers who think they are the only ones on the road.

They should ban some 26 year olds from driving too! I've seen too many young bucks flying down the freeway with total disregard for everyone and everything.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 PM
CL9 Tuner

Originally Posted by arch
Sorry to see that happen to you. Yeah some people in Houston are ruthless drivers, I used to be one of them that could create serious havoc at any moments notice. All it took was another careless driver to tick me off into road rage and that was the end of it for them. With age, maturity, and experience driving in this city I learned finally to back off and leave room for idiots so they dont cut me off. I learned this after 2 accidents exactly like yours, and the insurance companies took thier sides. I guess you can say I drive like an old person now, but I have 3 new cars and none wrecked so far.

Well good luck on your mods, maybe I can check them out in person when all is done. I still dont see very many TSX's here, especially modded TSX's.
That's so true, i've had many close calls, more so in my first years of driving but i have learned to become a more defensive driver and tend to give myself extra space, especially in the 610-hwy 59 area. Good to hear of another modded tsx in Houston, we should meet up.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by 04_K24TSX
That's so true, i've had many close calls, more so in my first years of driving but i have learned to become a more defensive driver and tend to give myself extra space, especially in the 610-hwy 59 area. Good to hear of another modded tsx in Houston, we should meet up.
IMO young drivers don't know how to control their vehicle, old drivers don't have awareness to others around them. they're both dangerous in their own ways
Old 11-25-2005, 09:58 PM
CL9 Tuner

Exactly, no matter how good of drivers young teens think they are, they lack the experience to handle CERTAIN situations. Granted, there are sometimes when there is absolutely nothing you can do. Keep safe out there guys and gals!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
ouch!! sorry to hear that Badboy6453. BTW you are 20 and have a s430? Is s430 belongs to your dad?

yes i am 20, be 21 in march, and for the second question, it is no, it does not belong to my dad, belongs to me. I bought this car at an auction with my uncle 2 years ago. i got it for 29,000$. I saw it....had to get it. I own a cell phone store btw, so i got the money to do that. Well did have that kind of money. It's been slow....very slow.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:13 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by badboy6453
yes i am 20, be 21 in march, and for the second question, it is no, it does not belong to my dad, belongs to me. I bought this car at an auction with my uncle 2 years ago. i got it for 29,000$. I saw it....had to get it. I own a cell phone store btw, so i got the money to do that. Well did have that kind of money. It's been slow....very slow.
dang!! thats pretty good... is your s430 the new gen? I cant remember.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
let this warn everyone, when you exit an on ramp, make sure theres no cars that are close to you on the lane over cause this is what happens when they decide to exit last minute...
Old 11-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sebo
they should ban anyone over 50 from driving! something similar happened to me a couple years ago driving a nissan maxima.. some 50 yr old fuck was on the emergency lane and decided to pull onto the left lane at 10mph... i'm going nearly 70 and i hit him from the back.

u know what the fuck up thing is about this? when u hit someone from the back it's automatically your fault (at least here).. these old fucking people should take the bus because they are wreckless drivers who think they are the only ones on the road.
That is technically your fault also. Why would you go 70 in your head thinking that you're going to pass this women on the emergency lane. Thats practically the same as going 70 when a deer is standing on the side of the highway. Even though I'm only 17, seeing people on the side means you slow down.

It angers me how people get into accidents because they only concentrate on their own lane. Even though it was poor luck for badboy, in a way he still should be careful next time. I try to never have anyone directly next to me on the highway or close to me. Calculate what can happen all around you, not just people infront of you. Remember, most accidents happen because people didn't expect it to happen - usually someone cutting in to close or losing control of their car. Rarely do accidents happen because you hit the person in front by accident.

Like both Sebos and badboys case, it was an accident that could've been avoided. Despite that they both were "lawfully" right in their sense, but regardless an accident is and accident regardless of whos fault it is. You're not challenging the law, you're challenging your life.

Next time keep your distance with the car infront of you, there is absolutely no difference in time driving 100 feet behind someone and 20 feet behind someone. However, more accidents can be avoided 100 feet someone, like in badboys case. Also, keep your eyes focused in front, but your front doesn't mean just the person in front of you. In your mind, know that if the car on the 3rd lane was to swerve out of control to your lane, do you have enough time to react right now? If not, adjust your distance and speed. These things are people overlook, and when overlooked, accidents happen, hopefully they're minor, and when they're not, its just tragic.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Intermediate

Thank you DR. PHIL, for today's advice of the day. I think we will all take your advice to heart. Remember kids, keeping a 100 feet away is still gonna get you in an accident.....but the more the better. hahahahahaha
Old 11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by acn684
Even though I'm only 17
So why does it say your 19?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Burning Brakes

^^ whoops your absolutely right...I am 19 haha I forgot... Man thanksgiving break does wonders to your mind... worst part I got finals in 2 weeks and I can't get myself to concentrate.

I don't mean to offend you badboy. It just a helpful precaution next time. Think about this - Theres a difference regarding who was the cause of the accident. But when the accident happens, that doesn't matter when both people end up getting hurt. Just next time you'll know to look out for people who decide to exit last minute. Similiar thing happened to me on a merge. Basically there was a person in front of me, and the entrance merge was also an exit merge to another highway. A guy decided to be an ass an speed past both of us to exit with less than 1/2 the exit remaining. The guy infront of me tries to exit, but the guy next to us speeds up, the guy infront freaks out merges back in and then out, guy next to me merges infront of me with 2 feet ahead of me breaks to not hit the guy in front, then i react by merging out until i realized the guy infront of me merged out too and then i had to break hard again. even though i wasn't at fault, next time im know to stay waaaay more back to avoid such confrontations. I know if i hit him it wouldn't have been my fault. But i know if I hit him, I would still be in an accident - risking other and my own life. Theres not right and wrong in car accidents, theres just unneccessary injury.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Choice!!!! So does the real Kenstyle come with all the holes already drilled out for the plastic pieces to connect to on the bottom? How much was just the front bumper?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Guinea Pig

So you gonna get a Carbo Fiber hood as well
Old 12-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Intermediate

no the bumper does not come with the holes already in it. you have to screw it in yourself. yes carbon fiber hood is still on its way from japan, and as well as the jdm headlights. this accident i think was a good thing, cause if it didn't happen.....i would not have been able to fix up my baby. im planning on lowering it, getting some 18's and a custom trunk for christmas, then start taking it to car shows.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Intermediate

Talking Got My Carbon Hood In.....!!!!

LOOKIE LOOKIE WHAT I GOT....ONE MORE PIECE LEFT, AND MY CAR WILL BE READY TO GO!!! WISH MY CAR LUCK!!

Old 12-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Guinea Pig

Good luck! Nice! Very nice! I'm starting to thnk it was the accident that was suppose to happen!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CJams
Good luck! Nice! Very nice! I'm starting to thnk it was the accident that was suppose to happen!

i was soo pissed when it happened.....then late at night i had a dream. i had a dream that one day me and my car would be together again. i had a dream that was the perfect time to fix up my car. i had a dream of getting a kenstyle front body kit, carbon hood, and jdm headlights.

look and behold, my dream came true!!!! ahahahahaha