An Accident That Wasn't Supposed To Happen

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An Accident That Wasn't Supposed To Happen

So for yall that live in houston......watch out on 610 and 59!!! The people who drive on that highway are the most careless people in the world. Like i have said many of many times over and over again.....WOMEN AND OLD PEOPLE PAST THE AGE OF 60 SHOULD NOT DRIVE!!!!!! So i'm driving and a lady in a white bmw 535, the new model decides to jump in front of me and try to exit. Not giving me any room, she slams on her brakes to avoid hitting the person infront of her. So leaving me without any reaction time, i hit her, and she goes skeeting all over the road. Luckily my airbags didn't pop, even though i was going about 55-60 mph. She ends up taking off, exits off westheimer, and leaves me stranded there on the road. So i gotta put it on my insurance, but decided to pay instead, so my premium doesn't go up. To look on the brighter side, now I can make my car look nice.......here are pictures.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by badboy6453
but decided to pay instead, so my premium doesn't go up
people that do this are crazy. unless you have 10 tickets and are about to be dropped, I can't fathom how having an increase in rates will balance out a repair job that is easily $4000-$5000 or more.

also, who puts up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving! that's pretty hardcore
Old 11-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xizor
people that do this are crazy. unless you have 10 tickets and are about to be dropped, I can't fathom how having an increase in rates will balance out a repair job that is easily $4000-$5000 or more.

also, who puts up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving! that's pretty hardcore
I agree.. you pay hundreds of dollars for insurance and when it comes to use them, people avoids them..

premium < repair cost by farrrrr
Old 11-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Instructor

they should ban anyone over 50 from driving! something similar happened to me a couple years ago driving a nissan maxima.. some 50 yr old fuck was on the emergency lane and decided to pull onto the left lane at 10mph... i'm going nearly 70 and i hit him from the back.

u know what the fuck up thing is about this? when u hit someone from the back it's automatically your fault (at least here).. these old fucking people should take the bus because they are wreckless drivers who think they are the only ones on the road.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Banned

ouch damn ! sorry about that.

So bitch just took off, gone ?

you should claim insurance.
Is that the real Kenstyle ?
Old 11-21-2005, 05:52 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Wow... wierd. If it was the other side our damage would be almost exactly the same.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Just dial 1911

Damn, sorry to hear that.

The hood and headlight will be expensive to repair. Unless you go CF on the hood and JDM headlights? Did you have any radiator damage?

Crazy that the lady took off...Dumbshit...
Old 11-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Canuck

Won't insurance be on your side if it was a hit and run event hough you rear ended her? did you get her plate?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Intermediate

so i called my insurance company, and they said my premium won't go up....so i guess im using my insurance, but!!! im still gonna make it look nice. yes that is a real kenstyle, and i have already ordered the jdm headlights, and a cf hood. there on the way. my car is gonna look sick when im done with it. tomorrow im getting the kenstyle fog lights, and christmas im getting rims. def. will post pics. the christmas tree btw........ the picture was taken at my office. i own a cell phone store, and my employess decided to put it up.....??? don't ask me why, they just did
Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

Wow...ur going that fast and there's no chain reaction? lucky or else your bad-end would be damaged too....

Guess its easy to spot that white damaged bmw......and she'll pay a pretty pennt to fix the damage!!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:58 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Facking Crappy Drivers! Hope your "baby" recovers well and your new kenstyle gets on nicely!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Racer

i had this same type of thing happen with my g35 coupe (before i got rid of that unlucky car of doom) and well , i think next time i'll use insurance, even though the repairs were only about $2000 (my premium was like $1000)
Old 11-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Sebo - you are an idiot

There are more "bad" young drivers IN GENERAL, than bad older drivers - that is why young people pay more for insurance than "older" people.

I have run across as many idiot young drivers in their souped up rice rockets who think they own the road and cause accidents also.

I don't think you should generalize about people's driving ability based on their age.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Banned

^
Old 11-21-2005, 09:04 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by Auroraboy
Sebo - you are an idiot

There are more "bad" young drivers IN GENERAL, than bad older drivers - that is why young people pay more for insurance than "older" people.

I have run across as many idiot young drivers in their souped up rice rockets who think they own the road and cause accidents also.

I don't think you should generalize about people's driving ability based on their age.

now if you were to replace "old" with "woman"...

Old 11-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Sebo - you are an idiot

Drivers should not be subjected to generalisations, because then young men would be the big losers.

If someone isn't apt for driving or is an accident waiting to happen, a good system of periodical aptitude testing should reveal that. I should add this to my political program.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Instructor

Sebo - you are an idiot

i knew some 50 yr old was gonna get their panties in a bunch.. i'll go with what the OP said and go with 60 if it makes you feel better.

and the rule is not that younger people pay more for insurance.. if i was married i'll save more than $600-800 - just because i was married.. talk about generalizing, huh?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Racer

Sorry to see that happen to you. Yeah some people in Houston are ruthless drivers, I used to be one of them that could create serious havoc at any moments notice. All it took was another careless driver to tick me off into road rage and that was the end of it for them. With age, maturity, and experience driving in this city I learned finally to back off and leave room for idiots so they dont cut me off. I learned this after 2 accidents exactly like yours, and the insurance companies took thier sides. I guess you can say I drive like an old person now, but I have 3 new cars and none wrecked so far.

Well good luck on your mods, maybe I can check them out in person when all is done. I still dont see very many TSX's here, especially modded TSX's.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Racer

BTW: I hope you f*cked up the BMW when you hit it.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Burning Brakes

man i woulda followed and copied her license plate...
Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Damn, that's sux! I can't believe it happened to you and TSX.FURY. How much did you pay for Kenstyle kit?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:46 PM
no0bIe

At least you wasn't hurt. But damn ladies w/ their big bodied BMW's...
Old 11-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Racer

luckily the airbags didnt go off? If i were going 55 and hit someone, id want them to go off to be on the safe side
Old 11-22-2005, 03:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
luckily the airbags didnt go off? If i were going 55 and hit someone, id want them to go off to be on the safe side
Im assuming he was still able to control his car like that, if ur air bags went off, then its just you in a out of control TSX
Old 11-22-2005, 05:40 AM
Burning Brakes

so...to China town huh....
she just took off? how come you didn't chase her.....
it'd probably still be your fault tho....you hit her butt...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Leaving the scene of an accident is a big no-no in the eyes of the law here, in Toronto, and in this case it would seem that the BMW's guilty flight could be construed as an admission of guilt. Report it. Get the police and your insurance company to find that car. How many white 06 BMW 3 Series are out there (probably a silly question) which need a rear bumper and other parts. That car could likely be found, and at this point she's probably going to claim that somebody hit her car in a parking lot somewhere, she'll report it, and maybe you'll get lucky and she'll get nailed for insurance fraud!

My cars have been attacked 8 times in the last 12 months - 7 times while not moving, and 4 times while parked. I've been thinking about writing a book titled, How To Meet Attractive Young Women Half A Mile From The GO Train Station, and subtitled, How To Get Your Car Repainted One Corner At A Time.

Finally, someone shouldn't get away with damaging two nice cars. Find that woman!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Just dial 1911

No, he should NOT find that woman. Espically since his ins co will pay his claim without his rates going up! No matter what (at least in Cali), if you rear end someone, your at fault. Period. So she did him a favor by fleeing.

I wonder how she reported it? What a dumbshit....
Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
she's so loaded, she probably fixed all the stuff by paying from her own pocket..... she know it was her fault, so she has guilt and she won't report it~

well... at least you are getting a new bumper!!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Racer

Sebo - you are an idiot

its true, and younger people also tend to drive more agressively.

a good example is the last gen lexus IS300. that had the highest insurance rates in its class because it was cheap and so many tuners and ricers types well crashed it.

on a personal note, my insurance magically went down $200 / 6 months on my newest renewal. oh well i'm almost 25, i guess this means i'm getting old!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Banned

Sebo - you are an idiot
What do you expect from him, he bought a TSX for 38K
Old 11-23-2005, 09:06 AM
Pro

guys, is the body of the Acura TSX weak!?
I mean, i have an integra, and any little hit, will make a dent, its really really weak.
Is the TSX similar, or ....?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by Tintin
guys, is the body of the Acura TSX weak!?
I mean, i have an integra, and any little hit, will make a dent, its really really weak.
Is the TSX similar, or ....?

Thanks
its not a tank like an 80s Volvo. the TSX crumples well for safety. your best bet is not to run into things
Old 11-23-2005, 09:29 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by xizor
its not a tank like an 80s Volvo. the TSX crumples well for safety. your best bet is not to run into things
It might crumple easy, but that's what its supposed to do. It's for safety. Do a search and you will find that for as many serious accidents as people have gotten into, no one has been hurt. (Knock on wood) I mean, I have seen some seriously fucked up TSX's and people just walk away... it does it's job.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by joerockt
No, he should NOT find that woman. Espically since his ins co will pay his claim without his rates going up! No matter what (at least in Cali), if you rear end someone, your at fault. Period. So she did him a favor by fleeing.

I wonder how she reported it? What a dumbshit....
Old 11-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
It might crumple easy, but that's what its supposed to do. It's for safety. Do a search and you will find that for as many serious accidents as people have gotten into, no one has been hurt. (Knock on wood) I mean, I have seen some seriously fucked up TSX's and people just walk away... it does it's job.
that is very good, but the integra i have, if iu slightly hit it with another car, u will see a much exagerated dent... its really tough to explain.

It bothers me, because a small hit which is suppose to do no damage, or a really small one, will make a big one and then costs +++ to repair.

But then again, if thats the point: saftey, then i am all for it.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:42 AM
send me a link to JDM??

that is very good, but the integra i have, if iu slightly hit it with another car, u will see a much exagerated dent... its really tough to explain.

It bothers me, because a small hit which is suppose to do no damage, or a really small one, will make a big one and then costs +++ to repair.

I agree... it does suck. I mean, I just had a fender bender that I have to make a 7000 insurance claim on... and that blows. But then again, I'm fine... so that's really more important in hte long run.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Honda has very much improved it's safety standards since the 90's. I don't think there's even a comparison to be had.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:25 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
I agree... it does suck. I mean, I just had a fender bender that I have to make a 7000 insurance claim on... and that blows. But then again, I'm fine... so that's really more important in hte long run.
ouch!!~ How did your accident happened? man all the JDM stuff!!~ sad! sad!!
Old 11-24-2005, 08:27 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
ouch!! sorry to hear that Badboy6453. BTW you are 20 and have a s430? Is s430 belongs to your dad?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acn684
man i woulda followed and copied her license plate...

I would have followed her but check this out......after i hit her....my car turned off! i was confused?!?!? i didn't know what happened. i was pushing the gas it wasn't moving, then notice all my lights on the dash were on! i called acura and asked about that, they said the newer cars these days are equiped with something in the computer system, that when it senses an accident or something like that, it shuts off the car, this is so it can prevent and further damage to the engine and such, and to stop the gas flow. So if that didn't happen i would followed and maybe even hit her again. I know i messed her car pretty good, cause when i hit her, her car went 2 lanes over and then she slowed down and sped off! But on a side not.....anybody from houston, that has tsx, or even acura actually, i want to set up a picture meet. This will though have to wait till the car gets out the shop. If anybody is interested please instant message me at fariyadtheking, and i will get your info, and when i contact everybody to see when it is a good time and date to meet up, i will post it, so please contact me and let me know your info.

Quick Reply: An Accident That Wasn't Supposed To Happen