Ultra Racing Braces

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
Ultra Racing Braces

So another forum member posted a link there site http://www.ultraracing.com.my/ultrar...roductdata.asp and I went and checked it out. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this company at all. They seem to have a some good info on their site but then again I could really make a webpage with good info from all over if I wanted too.

Im curious cause they make the side sill braces which have since been discountinued by carbing which is a dissapointment cause I like to build my car with as few brands overall as possibly and had planned to do it with J's Racing, Spoon, and Carbing as the primary three. However if in the process as stiffening the chasis as much as possible I have to look else where I am open to that in the end. Of course I will be looking JDM first and then else where if nothing is available. One thing I am curious to know is if these bars are steal or aluminum or made in both.

So here is a picture of there side sill brace.

Also while checking out their page I found a brace no one else makes for the TSX which is a rear lower frame brace. I would be interested to see if this fit under neath my J's Racing Rear diffuser but would most likely assume it would end up getting in the way of the mounting brackets for the rear diffuser.

They also have a very front subframe brace as well which I have never seen and probably would not work on my car as it is to low now and would probably catch on something and I still plan to go lower yet. This is the front most bar in this picture right by the tranny but I can not seem to find it actually listed on their site at this time though as an actuall part.

Lastly they have a set of small braces that be in place of doing side sill bars but still try to reduce overall chassis flex. UR-LA4-488P in this picture.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:27 AM
boost owns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. This is a monster find Jason. Thanks for posting this. If I survive the credit crunch with a job, I may have to pick up some of these in the spring...
Old 10-08-2008, 10:01 AM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've know about this company for quite a while.
They're from Malaysia.

The technique they use to make their braces looks pretty
poor to my untrained eye. And it appears to be steel by
the way they are engineered.

The construction reminds me of the Neuspeed strut bars.

Not having sill braces is a super pain, for sure, but not enough
of a pain for me personally to put these braces on my car.

Yes, they make lots of braces nobody else does, but I personally
question their quality and engineering.

Almost looks to me they just put steel bars everywhere they can.
Like there is a minimal amount of actual testing that goes into their
stuff. It looks like they make about a dozen under body braces....
Old 10-08-2008, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by MMsTSX
I've know about this company for quite a while.
They're from Malaysia.

The technique they use to make their braces looks pretty
poor to my untrained eye. And it appears to be steel by
the way they are engineered.

The construction reminds me of the Neuspeed strut bars.

Not having sill braces is a super pain, for sure, but not enough
of a pain for me personally to put these braces on my car.

Yes, they make lots of braces nobody else does, but I personally
question their quality and engineering.

maybe we should try contacting alutec to see if they would make side sill braces in the carbing design along with maybe the rear brace. otherwise its off to trying to track down the carbing braces used in japan via yahoo auctions and using one of the expensive import places that will bid on yahoo japan auctions for you.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:21 PM

damn alutec basically makes a kit to cover the entire bottom of the 2005 Ford Focus. Maybe we can get them to do that for the TSX.

http://www.motorexonline.com/ChassisUnderBrace.html
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
That have a lot of parts for the mustang too. We are working on a deal with Alutec now actually. Hopefully we set something in stone soon. Also we are emailing Ultra racing. Maybe I can get a product to demo.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
That have a lot of parts for the mustang too. We are working on a deal with Alutec now actually. Hopefully we set something in stone soon. Also we are emailing Ultra racing. Maybe I can get a product to demo.
Hey if they want to throw sponsor a car for a demo product I will offer

Yeah if Alutec would go crazy like they are for the Mustang and Focus I would be interested. not gonna switch strut bar but the rest I would be interested.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
I've been waiting on other alternatives to these braces... I wonder how stiffer they get when you tack on a few, the cusco type 2 was a big improvement once you lowered the car as well.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
Hey if they want to throw sponsor a car for a demo product I will offer

Yeah if Alutec would go crazy like they are for the Mustang and Focus I would be interested. not gonna switch strut bar but the rest I would be interested.
The alutec front brace is really a top notch part, we got 3 in and all are promptly sold. We have 3 middle braces too which I am test fitting on Sat.

Marcus
Old 10-09-2008, 10:27 AM

The alutec front brace is really a top notch part, we got 3 in and all are promptly sold. We have 3 middle braces too which I am test fitting on Sat.

Marcus
Well I am currently running now bottom braces at all. I was running a cusco bottom type I brace but I scraped the crap out of it and even bent it a little being so low so I am affraid to put more braces there.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
Well I am currently running now bottom braces at all. I was running a cusco bottom type I brace but I scraped the crap out of it and even bent it a little being so low so I am affraid to put more braces there.
The feeling of tight chassis may actually warrant raising the car a little.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
ridiculously good looking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was checking out the alutec front strut bar, but it looks like it would conflict with an EDFC
Old 10-09-2008, 01:57 PM

The feeling of tight chassis may actually warrant raising the car a little.
or maybe I will just deal with the scraping cause I was actually thinking of going lower by changing tire size.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MMsTSX
Looking at Alutec's website, they seem to be doing something similar by putting aluminum braces on everything they can on that Focus.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just been reading all the thread here and just offering my 3 cents worth since I am located in Singapore....

UltraRacing indeed is a Malaysian company. Products are Value/Price reasonable and made out of iron for the lower bars. The bottom set is quite good, with some CL7 friends installed them. Only thing is the side bars that run parallel to the side skirts, they are a little skinny and lack the twisting strength.

I have DIY sets made for most of what Ultra has and perhaps a littl more, so, my field test feelings :

Front bar across, is good and protects your oil stump too especially for lowered cars.

If you do the front bar, then you will need the cross bars that fits over the cat. Here, they have learned from the other makers to avoid the bars hitting the cat.

Side parallel bars
I have a set made in HK and bigger and has similar mounting points. The only difference was bothe ends mounting has more than 1 location, thus stiffening the bar better. These bars works very well and stiffens the Euro R chasis better.

Rear bar
This one I like from Ultraracing. Instead, I made an aluminium one running across and a seperate piece at the vertical rear wheel plates. Lastly, I changed the accident bar in the rear bumper with a firm one. This really stiffens everything up. Did all this before the bars came out.

Cornering is wonderful, but even more wonderful with front & rear cambers even at 1 degrees. If you lwoer your springs, u must have camber especially for rear or risk uneven front & rear tyre wear.

Alutec was somehow keen as one of their engineers was in town many months back and they wanted to take some measurements. heard that they may have already done the bars, but you guys have to find out...

Pic of this, try to see the side bars and also the rear....

Cheers.