Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004 | 03:51 PM
Race Director

Springs

I ran a search and came up with usefull information, but now i need some clarification.

I am intrested in lowering my car, but dont have enough $$ for a full coilover set up(i believe thats the expensive one, so im looking at springs)

With springs, ive noticed, Comptech, Eibach, and Tein are all pretty popular, differing in drop amounts, comptech i believe being the less of the three?

I want a normal drop, something to close up that gap, but nothing "slammed", just to make the car look a bit cleaner, and in the long run when i get rims, to once again have that "cleaner" look.

Next, i read that eibach may wear out your shocks fastest, then tein, then comptech...is this something ppl will take into account? What happens when there worn out?

And the rear camber kit? it looks more like a tire pressure gauge then anyhthing ive ever seen before, and im not sure what it's purpose is? Im sorry for all the Q's, but would apprecaite all the responses!
Old 11-02-2004 | 05:27 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by RMATIC09
Next, i read that eibach may wear out your shocks fastest, then tein, then comptech...is this something ppl will take into account? What happens when there worn out?

And the rear camber kit? it looks more like a tire pressure gauge then anyhthing ive ever seen before, and im not sure what it's purpose is? Im sorry for all the Q's, but would apprecaite all the responses!
all aftermarket springs will wear out your shocks, IMO the difference in time before wearing out will be minute. As they wear out they have less ability to dampen impacts so it gets bouncier.

as far the the camber kit, it replaces 2 of the links in the rear suspension. the camber kit had an adjustable length to correct the geometry changes from lowering in the rear
Old 11-02-2004 | 06:01 PM
Race Director

I c, thanks, what do you think is the best for the buck? Eibach seems popular and not pricey at all.
Old 11-02-2004 | 07:38 PM
cmf
ATCer

I recommend you wait and continue to save money, especially if you are not gonna do the install yourself. Eventually you are gonna have to replace the shocks, depends on your driving habits, road conditions, numerous things. To me, the TSX is not a car that you wanna half ass a suspension mod in my mind. Save it for the Civics. For someone like Xizor who takes his car apart every other weekend himself, it might not be that big a deal, but something to think about! My .02!
Old 11-02-2004 | 08:59 PM
Race Director

Hmm, defintely appreciate that, you mean, save the $$ for the whole coilover set?
Old 11-02-2004 | 09:17 PM
Racer

if you are debating to get shocks and springs i say dont save up an extra 300-400 and get coilover setup
Old 11-03-2004 | 01:19 AM
Subie Tech

I agree with cmf and AZTSX. But if you can't wait (like me) and want to lower your car then get a set of springs for now and save up for the coilover.
Old 11-03-2004 | 06:12 AM
Race Director

Yea, if im going to do thing's, i wanna make sure im not to hasty, so i guess ill have to exert my patience once again. ?
Old 12-10-2004 | 09:32 AM
Luke 1:37

Originally Posted by cmf
I recommend you wait and continue to save money, especially if you are not gonna do the install yourself. Eventually you are gonna have to replace the shocks, depends on your driving habits, road conditions, numerous things. To me, the TSX is not a car that you wanna half ass a suspension mod in my mind. Save it for the Civics. For someone like Xizor who takes his car apart every other weekend himself, it might not be that big a deal, but something to think about! My .02!
I agree. This is not a low budget car and you shouldn't take any chances with half assing it. If/When I do pick up a TSX, I will do everything right from the start. I will get the full kit (Struts/Springs/Camber Kit). This will be my first mod I believe.
Old 12-10-2004 | 11:02 AM
Race Director

heh , old thread, thanks, i invested the money in the exhaust anyways, thanks though
Old 12-10-2004 | 01:05 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Do what I'm going to do. Just buy springs for now if you can't find $800. Then for $600 just buy Koni Shocks. I hear it's almost stock ride comfort and it lowers your car. You just don't have adjustability.

I think Heeltoe is offering a deal on Teins, SS and Basic.
Old 12-10-2004 | 02:51 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

well there are two eibach springs out there for the tsx.

1. sportline
2. pro kit

the pro kit is less aggressive than the sportline, i had them on my car and even with 19's, i never experienced rubbing.

any lowering spring will dramatically reduce the lifespan of your shocks, as i noticed after 34k miles, even my shocks are starting to give, esp in the rear.

you will eventually need a camber kit for the rear, even with the pro kit springs. that has been my experience with 19's anyway, i did have to ride on my stock wheels for a couple months while i waited for my 19's to come.

so maybe during that time to now, my springs have settled in more, and my shocks have progressively gotten worse.

i will unveil my new suspension, in addition to all my new mods shortly. my parts still have not come in yet, despite a month after i already ordered them.

till then, enjoy trout.