RON JON bodykit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RON JON bodykit?

I really dig the new ron jon body kit for the 3rd gen TL. I am not a big fan of body kits(mostly cuz most of them look very bulky) but the ron jon one is pretty stylish. Anyone know if Ron Jon will develop one for us tsxers?
peace.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Jewdacris!!

I tried to ask in that thread twice and never got a response...i like how it looks, not sure what it would look like on the TSX, but it would be nice to see a drawing.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Get just about 25 people to show strong interest, and things could happen, but i see the TSX has alot of kits out already. If you want, arrange a group buy for 25 kits, and we can produce them with deposits, but its kinda risky to build them without demand.
The design of the kit would also be hands on and ultimately be up to the participants of the GB.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Man... talk about service!
Old 02-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Race Director

Old 02-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Jewdacris!!

Cool, thanks for the info Ron!!
Old 02-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wolfpack_TSX_22
Man... talk about service!
WOW, I second that..THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE! I personally would like it to look similar to the TL body kit.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Instructor

I totally agree. I think the TL kit is the best kit out there. Theres nothing that comes close. The TSX with a similar body kit would RULE !!!!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:46 PM
White and Nerdy

I agree...the stock TL looks a little evil...with the RJ body kit, it looks downright manacing!
Old 02-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks, I understand that Acura needs more products, and I'm hear to offer. I will work on a concept illustration of a kit for the TSX in a week or so, Been very busy running the show. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Stokeless

when you do design the kit make sure the front is open...if u have a good design i might be in on a GB. But I need my intercooler to be able to breathe. Other than that the TL kit is nice. Oh also could you try to make the rear a complete replacement for the bumper. Rear lips are ugly too many seams on the car. A replacement bumper would look so much cleaner.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

the ron jon kit for the cl and tl look nice

:troutslap
Old 02-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,555 Posts
cant wait to see this done. Just cause I like the other ron jon kits.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

the kit design is impressive. i think that since ronjon is gonna design this bad ass. if anyone has any suggestions, it could prolly affect the outcome
Old 02-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Intermediate

yo im down with that body kit.. I think the TL is NICE. If you could design one along that line with a bit more emphasis on style rather than speed (because the tsx is not that strong of a car HP wise). But i would definately be down for that. Just my 2 cents! Thanks!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

oh yea! imagine a nice polished black TSX with RonJon Inspyre rims (18'') and THAT body kit. NICE. Also CG and White is always nice too!!
Old 02-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
when you do design the kit make sure the front is open...if u have a good design i might be in on a GB. But I need my intercooler to be able to breathe. Other than that the TL kit is nice. Oh also could you try to make the rear a complete replacement for the bumper. Rear lips are ugly too many seams on the car. A replacement bumper would look so much cleaner.
But we do offer a full rear bumper for the TL Kit. And for the TSX guys, I would capatalize on an open front air damn, sides and rear would possibly be from any other kit, I am thinking of just doing a full front bumper that would be compatible with the existing sides and rear of whatever is already out there. What do you guys think about that? you could even order the OEM sides and rear from the dealer pre-painted and have them all installed at the same time.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Burning Brakes

sounds good ron
Old 02-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Stokeless

nope...one of the reasons im holding out on a kit is that i want a complete rear replacement. I hate lips on rear bumpers.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rondog
Thanks, I understand that Acura needs more products, and I'm hear to offer. I will work on a concept illustration of a kit for the TSX in a week or so, Been very busy running the show. I'll keep you posted.
WOW! I can't wait to see the concept pic of tsx body kit! I agree with alot of guys on this forum about how looks are more important then speed when it comes to bodykits. The tsx isn't a fast car anyways. PLEASE RON, have the kit similar to TL kit. The front grill on the TL kit is very high end looking and slick.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Jewdacris!!

I think anything would be cool, because it would be nice to have some tasteful options out there, that are semi reasonably priced.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Stokeless

if you did the sides and rear that looked like th TL's thatwould be hot just an open air dam for the TSX is all I ask =)
Old 02-10-2005, 05:53 PM
White and Nerdy

But we do offer a full rear bumper for the TL Kit. And for the TSX guys, I would capatalize on an open front air damn, sides and rear would possibly be from any other kit, I am thinking of just doing a full front bumper that would be compatible with the existing sides and rear of whatever is already out there. What do you guys think about that? you could even order the OEM sides and rear from the dealer pre-painted and have them all installed at the same time.
I like that idea...I think the back end of the TSX is already pretty good looking, but thats just me. Could we just pick the front if we already like the back the way it is?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

i like that idea, I'm consdering an aftermarket bumper down the road. the pitting and marks on my bumper are going to push me over the edge one day. there's barely anything too choose from, the phase one is defunct, mugen is ugly w/o the rest of the kit, and the modulo bumper has the honda grill built in.

I'm personally not a fan of that 3rd gen TL, but really like the CL body kit you guys designed. for me, if the bumper was going to fully replace the grill, it better look a lot better than my mugen grill
Old 02-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd like to see a front bumper with provision to fit an intercooler as well.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that kit is bad-azz.. i would love if a kit like that came out for our TSX... thats LOVELY!!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Intermediate

Ron,
Please don't make a "riced" out kit. I mean don't get me wrong im asian but all those riced out kits look the same. Why do u think everyones bustin a nut about the TL kit. It's style over a riced out nasty same ol same ol open front ended for intercooler crap. If they want an open front for an intercooler get any other kit on the market. Ron Jon, your rims are chromes. Please make that compliments those.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Stokeless

BlackAcuraTSX....first off you don't seem to even know what "rice" is. It has nothing to do with your nationality. We who post on this site are here for performance of the car whether it be stock or modified. A front bumper that has room for an intercooler doesn't make it rice. The luckybrand or what ever kit it is thats on Ebay is rice, Mugen and Phase are definately not "rice". A supra wing on a del sol is rice, a body kit that is rivetted on is rice, a car that has 2 spoilers is rice. Not a clean car that is done with taste. An opening in the front bumper to accomidate an intercooler is just what it is. To let outside air directly cool the intercooler so the intake air temp of a turbo car is lower and less chance of detonation. Please don't call something rice when you don't know what rice is. just my
Old 02-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

here are some concepts, this would take some time to develop, but the TL kit was being designed and redone for about 6 months till i landed on the latest design. Things like this need time to sit and be revised. check these out:

Old 02-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Jewdacris!!

That 2nd one is pretty tight, i like that grill and would be interested in that as a seperate peice as well
Old 02-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Stokeless

I'd need a side view the first one looks too stockish for me second is ok...i wouldn't have the chrome peices though but thats just my taste im not a big bling kinda guy.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,555 Posts
damn those are hot
Old 02-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
BlackAcuraTSX....first off you don't seem to even know what "rice" is. It has nothing to do with your nationality. We who post on this site are here for performance of the car whether it be stock or modified. A front bumper that has room for an intercooler doesn't make it rice. The luckybrand or what ever kit it is thats on Ebay is rice, Mugen and Phase are definately not "rice". A supra wing on a del sol is rice, a body kit that is rivetted on is rice, a car that has 2 spoilers is rice. Not a clean car that is done with taste. An opening in the front bumper to accomidate an intercooler is just what it is. To let outside air directly cool the intercooler so the intake air temp of a turbo car is lower and less chance of detonation. Please don't call something rice when you don't know what rice is. just my

First Off Stokeless,
If you wanted to get a car for speed, you CHOSE the wrooong car buddy. I believe that most of the people here chose the TSX on looks rathers than speed. And, the first response Ron got after his concepts was that the second one was better. That means the one with not a fuckin huge opening in the middle like ALL the other kits on the market u retard. Again, I'll emphasize that IF YOU WANT A KIT WITH AN OPEN END FOR AN INTERCOOLER GET ANY OTHER KIT ON THE MARKET. just my .
Old 02-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackAcuraTSX
First Off Stokeless,
If you wanted to get a car for speed, you CHOSE the wrooong car buddy. I believe that most of the people here chose the TSX on looks rathers than speed. And, the first response Ron got after his concepts was that the second one was better. That means the one with not a fuckin huge opening in the middle like ALL the other kits on the market u retard. Again, I'll emphasize that IF YOU WANT A KIT WITH AN OPEN END FOR AN INTERCOOLER GET ANY OTHER KIT ON THE MARKET. just my .
Any car regardless of model or type can be improved upon. Why do you think this is a Parts & Performance forum? Why do you think we need this forum if everyone thinks like you and drive the car as is from the factory? You wouldn't be visiting this forum if you didn't want to "improve" what you have. Besides, what's good for some may not be good for others. How do you know what other members want for their TSX? Did you also read about how many people want supercharger, turbo, Hondata, CAI, suspension, exhaust and many other mods for their cars? Then again, opinions are as assholes, everyone has one.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Instructor

here are some concepts, this would take some time to develop, but the TL kit was being designed and redone for about 6 months till i landed on the latest design. Things like this need time to sit and be revised. check these out:

I am feeling the second one alot. I like cuz it has that slight agressive look but still being slick and stylish. Would love to see side pics with the rj rims
Old 02-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Burning Brakes

the second is pretty cool. i would like to see you blend it together with the rest of the OEM kit in design. and the grill is cool, but those kinds of designs are hard to perfect in real life with the 3d factor.

but, good start RJ
Old 02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Automobile Aficionado

progress is

i am not feeling the grills. But kit looks tight so far
Old 02-12-2005, 05:18 PM
cmf
ATCer

First Off Stokeless,

Old 02-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
I'd like to see a front bumper with provision to fit an intercooler as well.
I like the 2nd kit the most so far. More angles would be great when you get a chance Ron.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Stokeless

First Off Stokeless,
Ok well you obviously are new here and haven't read very many threads. Have you seen how many of us are looking for some sort of FI? Look at the comptech supercharger thread....WOW thats alot of people wanting to improve on power isn't it? I didn't choose this car for speed I chose it for its over all performace and its potential. The TSX has a great platform to build on and has a touch of luxury. It's a sport sedan. If you want all that bling go get a Caddy...This forum is here for people to exchange knowledge and help each other. If all you know about cars is chrome rims and looks then just read don't post. Alot of us here have been modding cars for a long time. Some of us know more than others. But we help each other.

So before you start talkin shit know what your talking about. And the second kit looks good and has an opening for an intercooler. Its not closed off like the TL kit. Thats all we were asking for. So go get your definition of "rice" straight before you start flapping your gums and getting upset.

Quick Reply: RON JON bodykit?