OEM metal trim and Momo shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EuRTSX
I actually had a really hard time putting on my Momo as well. First I had a Momo Cobra, and those three pegs you had to insert equally, were a pain. It never stayed in place

Then I tried my luck with another Momo and got the Momo Competition. All I can say is, success! It has the same three peg method, but it's certainly a tight fit. I love it.

I might think of upgrading to a Razo as well. They look great!
I dig yours, I never actually looked at that one when I changed them out. I hated those screws, almost impossible to get them tight on that skinny stick. The funny thing about the Razo was the tread adapter to go with Hondas didnt fit, the Mitsu one fit perfectly.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:15 PM
NA

This makes me so angry! I had the option to get the metal look trim when I ordered my vehicle and the dealer talked me out of it because he said it looked "horribly tacky".....well, now I see he was full of SH*T and probably just didn't want to install it! Anyway, it looks great man. How long did it take to install?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Saw the Momo knobs and I wanted to add my 2 cents. I have a Momo knob and it kept coming loose, so I bought an aluminum adaptor for it that replaces the rubber sleeve/cap. It's meant for Mazdas so the shaft diameter was right but the thread wasn't. I ended up using a wrench to force it on and slathered threadlock over it, and then mounting the Momo knob on that with threadlock on the set screws too. It feels much more solid, and the knob is now an inch or two lower on the shaft.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Gotta screw them in exactly.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
Gotta screw them in exactly.
yep, quarter turn on this one, then quarter turn on that one...repeat.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by tsxy87
This makes me so angry! I had the option to get the metal look trim when I ordered my vehicle and the dealer talked me out of it because he said it looked "horribly tacky".....well, now I see he was full of SH*T and probably just didn't want to install it! Anyway, it looks great man. How long did it take to install?
Take heart...I'd considered the OEM metal-look trim kit once upon a time.
I especially liked the idea of the blue ambient light reflecting off the center trim pieces. But then I saw a TSX on the showroom floor with the kit installed. Ugh. Lots of visible rough edges and plastic flash. There was no doubt they were plastic stick on pieces. Instantly dragged down the lux and quality level of the TSX a few notches. At least the faux aluminum pieces on the dash doesn't give themselves away as plastic by showing their nether-regions. The cupholder door scraped as it opened and closed. Made the window switches look and feel like they were sitting deep in a well. Changed my mind real quick.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:53 PM
A-spec Arctic Blue

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsxy87
It's pretty easy. You just need to clean the area from any dust. I used a hair dryer to heat the area up to ensure a strong adhesion. It took about 30 minutes to install all the pieces.