Now I'm pissed!!!! (HONDATA saga continues)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Hondaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman
Sorry, but it really looks like you're too short with patience and making a big deal out of what makes you wait a little. Business people have lives too you know: they don't live to serve others, even if that's their business.
When you're in business, customer service is what keeps people coming back. I know sometimes things happen that is beyond a business' control; obviously being away for several days with no way to communicate with customers was one of those situations. That was explained with this email:

Jeremy,

I have been out of town for the weekend at a race, and then we had to make an emergency drive to Texas. I will be home Friday sometime late, so it will be Tuesday (July 4), before I am able to send you your labels. This is the first time I have had intenet access period. I am sorry for the delay, but it was out of my control, but please accept my apology.

-Jeramy
So yeah, he had to wait several days, but the vendor explained and aploligized, and all looked well.

So why weren't the labels emailed on Tuesday? Why isn't he answereing e-mails/PMs?

The "approved vendor" status is supposed to protect against situations like this.....

No one at AZ should be defending this situation; they should be finding out WTH is going on......
Old 07-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Faster, please.

IMO, the best thing to do at this point would be to contact him and tell him to return communication by a certain day and time or the deal is off. Keep yourself busy until then so you don't brood on it, then address cancelling the order if he hasn't contacted you by that time. Then just give your business to another dealer and consider the extra $70 in shipping the cost of peace of mind! It'll still be worth it (the reflash). I would still pay $670 for this mod.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LannyM
So yeah, he had to wait several days, but the vendor explained and aploligized, and all looked well.

So why weren't the labels emailed on Tuesday? Why isn't he answereing e-mails/PMs?

The "approved vendor" status is supposed to protect against situations like this...

No one at AZ should be defending this situation; they should be finding out WTH is going on......
We'll try and help resolve this.

At the same time Lanny, you do realise that we will not jump on a vendor at the first hint that something is wrong. If something gets repetitious, we will try and resolve that, but everyone is entitled to a margin of error, and so are our vendors.

Always remember that you are frequenting a FREE message board, that everyone is a volunteer here among the staff and our vendors who in good part contribute to this place's expense go out of their way to offer good pricing for you guys. It is only natural then that we will do what we can to honestly support them.

I don't think you can blame me of anything when I have already taken a rather strong position against one of our vendors because I thought one of the products he was selling was not up to par quality-wise.

I have shown my goodwill towards both members and vendors and will not take to heart such a comment. Especially when you're not concerned with this issue.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Thanks guys for all of the help. Sauce...I'm not at any point yet that I wish to attempt to get anyone thrown off the board or anything like that. I hope I've made that clear.
I still think that Jeramy is a good guy based off of what I've heard from the forum. This may have just gone down a road that may not necessarily have any merit to it.

I'm afraid that I may have annoyed the piss out of Jeramy though based on the fact that he hasn't even read the PMs that I sent him when he was logged on this afternoon. That doesn’t excuse the fact though that he was on the forum and does hold some obligation to his customers.

None of us know the circumstances he is in right now, so based on that I'll wait to see what happens.

As for LannyM, don't be upset with him. I think he's just very strong in what he says because we met last week and he knows I'm a decent guy and not some crazy nut job expecting too much. Then again, we are both angry, impatient New Englanders
Old 07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Bottom line...I don't want to start or spread any hate or discontent...I just want my reflash and things to be cool again
Old 07-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by curls
- Only 24 hours in a day. (So Tuesday + 1/2 of Wednesday isn't THAT much time man!).
Its Wednesday, I know I've worked 16 hours since the 4th.

Originally Posted by sauceman
My point of view comes from a supplier's standpoint. I am one myself, and I sometimes need to deal with those issues on the receiving end.
He's not even the one doing the flashing, its just some shipping labels. If he's just a middle man, how hard is it to supply the service?

Originally Posted by LannyM
Amen
Old 07-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSN_FT1(SS/DV)
I agree with both of you, but why is there a group of people symathyzing with him......am I missing something?
Im not sympathyizing with him. Its been two fucking weeks for christ sake...Unacceptable...And even more so that you can't even talk to the guy on the phone? What the hell is that? Now add to the fact that he's logged into the site recently???

If/when I go hondata, it will not be through him...

And SSN, its NOT like this with other mods/companies. You order on-line, you pay, they ship...Thats IT. All of the mods I've done to my car were in stock and ready to ship...
Old 07-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Automobile Aficionado

SSN...maybe you should start another thread in "OFF TOPIC", alot more readers there and maybe you can some straight answers.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Instructor

Yeah I agree with him too, I mean the whole point of using this middle man was the speed that you expected to get the ECU sent out and back. How can you even defend this guy. Hell 600$, I would be trippin even it it was 40$. maybe we can set up a feedback rating of the vendors, like on ebay?

I was planning to get the reflash when I got back in sept through this guy too, now I will definately find other options.

I sympathize with you SSN
Old 07-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeremy, please post something in your defense... It's all hearsay until we get the real deal from Jeremy. His rep has been crystal clean until this, so I dope we all just get this resolved
Old 07-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by BlackAc036
Jeremy, please post something in your defense... It's all hearsay until we get the real deal from Jeremy. His rep has been crystal clean until this, so I dope we all just get this resolved
I agree with you 100$. I want to know what's going on.....and I want to believe his reputation can still be 100%.

My point is not to run his reputation, so people, please reserve judgement until we find out what's going on.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I agree with you 100$. I want to know what's going on.....and I want to believe his reputation can still be 100%.

My point is not to run his reputation, so people, please reserve judgement until we find out what's going on.

Thanks!
Reasonnable enough.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

...so people, please reserve judgement until we find out what's going on.
you know that is practically impossible to do right?

when you post a thread that basically complain (cant think of a better word), people are already biased. especially since this is the SECOND thread you started about it.

1. issues should be resolved through pm. if trouble persists, as in your case, i would simply pm a moderator.

2. by posting your bad experience with the vendor - it WILL drive business away from him. it sucks, but it's the truth,

i'm not saying that you dont have the right to be mad, i would be too - but by creating TWO threads - people like myself, who dont really pay that close attention to your threads will be left with a negative impression.

i'm not going to lie - even though i haven't dealt with jkindle - i am already wary of doing business with him.

i guess what i'm really trying to say is - threads like these should be killed by mods before it gets out of hand. i came on earlier and this thread had like 17 people looking at it.

imagine how quickly word will get around - and what if jkindle has a legitimate reason for not getting a hold of you? you basically slandered his name in front of everyone.

my only suggestion is to pm the mods and try to deal with this behind the scenes.

for AZ community sake - i hope jkindle resolves this - alot of members were going through him to get the reflash done.

cheers.

:troutslap
Old 07-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by dzuy
you know that is practically impossible to do right?

when you post a thread that basically complain (cant think of a better word), people are already biased. especially since this is the SECOND thread you started about it.

1. issues should be resolved through pm. if trouble persists, as in your case, i would simply pm a moderator.

2. by posting your bad experience with the vendor - it WILL drive business away from him. it sucks, but it's the truth,

i'm not saying that you dont have the right to be mad, i would be too - but by creating TWO threads - people like myself, who dont really pay that close attention to your threads will be left with a negative impression.

i'm not going to lie - even though i haven't dealt with jkindle - i am already wary of doing business with him.

i guess what i'm really trying to say is - threads like these should be killed by mods before it gets out of hand. i came on earlier and this thread had like 17 people looking at it.

imagine how quickly word will get around - and what if jkindle has a legitimate reason for not getting a hold of you? you basically slandered his name in front of everyone.

my only suggestion is to pm the mods and try to deal with this behind the scenes.

for AZ community sake - i hope jkindle resolves this - alot of members were going through him to get the reflash done.

cheers.

:troutslap
i agree

but, legal issues can be brought up here. He is an "official vendor" on these boards. So who backs all that up? Soopa? i have no idea. But since they are "official", that must mean something, right? 600 dollars is 600 dollars. And if nothing life threatening is going on, then there should be NO excuse.
I can understand if this happened thorugh Private sales, then PMing a Mod would be the thing to do, but this guy is backed up by acuraZine, right?
I dont know how the behind the scenes stuff works but in my opinion its such a touchy thing to have "official vendors" on a free site.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by NJtsx
i agree

but, legal issues can be brought up here. He is an "official vendor" on these boards. So who backs all that up? Soopa? i have no idea. But since they are "official", that must mean something, right? 600 dollars is 600 dollars. And if nothing life threatening is going on, then there should be NO excuse.
I can understand if this happened thorugh Private sales, then PMing a Mod would be the thing to do, but this guy is backed up by acuraZine, right?
I dont know how the behind the scenes stuff works but in my opinion its such a touchy thing to have "official vendors" on a free site.
It's not touchy when we have bills to pay to provide the FREE service.

dzuy's point is absolutely right. This thread should not have happenned, it should have been dealt with by PM. Just in case Kindle does have a very legitimate situation going on, how do we go about fixing the mess this thread has created?

And it's very hard to deal with this thread, because we don't want to get into censoring, especially when there could be legitimate issues going on, but then again, no one is there to defend Kindle, and since he said he would send the stamps just yesterday, if he sent those by snail mail, they could very well not be in anyway, and he would still have held his end of the deal.

This is what we'll do: I'm closing this thread now, and deleting it in 2 or 3 hours. This way, some people will know my motives and not cry censoship. I want to be fair with everyone, and am very uncomfortable with the one-way trial that is being held against Kindle right now.

SSM, keep me updated through PM, and Astroboy and I will do our best to contact Jeramy.