New Pulley Set's Coming Soon from NST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Boost Junky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Pulley Set's Coming Soon from NST!!!

Im in the process of testing out a new set of pulleys for the TSX. They are designed by a large aftermarket company called NonStopTuning. They specifically deal with designing all types of performance pulleys. I noticed that there was only one other company making pulley sets for the TSX and I thought it would be great if people had other options out there. NST(Nonstoptuning) has been around for years and has provided quality performance pulleys for many different companies such as honda, toyota, scion, lotus, GM etc etc. They have products for over 50 different models!! I happen to be friendly with the owner of the company, and I came to him in search of his help and knowledge. He was more than excited to start the process, and I will be getting an underdrive crank pulley, and overdrive alternator pulley to test out for the time being. If there is enough demand in the future, then they will consider making a power steering pulley, and lightweight crank pulleys for you supercharger owners that want to have the benefits of a lightweight pulley without losing boost. One thing that sets NST apart from the competition is the fact that they offer an overdrive alternator pulley that will NOT drain your alternator performance. The crank pulley will still be the underdrive, which will be the source of the gains because it is the sender pulley. It dictates what t he associated accessories will do, but with the overdrive alt pulley you guys wont hafta worry about voltage drop unlike other underdriven pulley sets available. So basically your getting the best of both worlds, the gains from the underdriven pulley, without the worries of electrical drop if your running a system in your car. Did I mention they are the only ones that offer an overdriven pulley as well??
Here is a link to some sample pics for the Honda R18 motor
NST pulley comparisons
Here is some information on NST's overdriven pulleys
Overdriven Pulleys

They will be offering 2 different colors, blue and gray for the TSX. I have had a lot of first hand product experience with NST on previous vehicles and I can say that hands down they have some of the best customer service and put out some quality products at an excellent price thats usually below their competitors. My package is in the mail and I should have them on the car by the weekend. I know I am new here to these forums, but if you have noticed the few posts I have made so far, majority have to deal with making more power out of these cars and I will make it a point to see some of you guys running in the 13's with the supercharger
Feel free to ask any questions guys as I am always in contact with NST and will be able to answer anything for you in due time.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Got Phó?

Always good news to hear about another company making aftermarket parts for the TSX.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
excellent news.

keep us posted with new updates.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Boost Junky

Yea man, competition just creates better products
I think you guys will be shocked at the quality product that NonStopTuning puts out. Here is a link to their website if any of you feel like browsing around and checking them out NonStopTuning.com
and a couple of my favorite pics from their website from the recent HIN out in Arizona
Old 10-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Racer

Nice.......
Old 10-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Please don't post any potentially NWS pics withoug providing a warning. What do the pics have anything to do with pulleys?

Pics deleted.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Boost Junky

aww man, where did the pics go, they were family and work safe
Old 10-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Boost Junky

Originally Posted by JTso
Please don't post any potentially NWS pics withoug providing a warning. What do the pics have anything to do with pulleys?

Pics deleted.
sorry, didnt know...back on track
Old 10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes please, all i do is read this site at work, help me keep my job homie.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Also, I'm pretty sure that on the UR pulley set I have, the alternator and power steering pulleys are slightly larger than the stock ones, this would be overdrive, yes? (answering some concerns about voltage)

Note that a lot of members here ARE running the UR pulleys w/ an amp, myself included, without any harmful voltage drop. (Although nothing ridiculous)

Nonetheless, always a pleasure to see more companies take an interest in our car. Make sure you tell this guy the price point for the UR set so he knows what he's competing with!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Boost Junky

My friend Mike from NonStopTuning was telling me the other day they love UR products....only cause they are easy to beat on price and hp gains
Trust me when I say these guys know their stuff. You guys will not be dissapointed, I can promise that.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds good. Can't wait to hear the results of your testing and see your dynos!

Where are these guys based out of?

Also, I still haven't heard a response back from the guy with the Turbo. I'll let you know if I hear anything though man
Old 10-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Boost Junky

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Sounds good. Can't wait to hear the results of your testing and see your dynos!

Where are these guys based out of?

Also, I still haven't heard a response back from the guy with the Turbo. I'll let you know if I hear anything though man
Yea, I cant wait to get them on cause I know its gonna make a big difference and I can guarantee the price wont be as harsh as the "other company". They are based out of Texas. Yea definitely let me know when that guy with the turbo setup gets back to you. Im gonna do my best to try to flood the TSX market with aftermarket parts for you guys
Old 10-30-2006, 06:36 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

What are the specs of the pulleys? weight/measurement, etc..
Old 10-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Boost Junky

I will get that info for you guys tonight...so would a lot of you guys even be interested or am I wasting my time? It seems like you guys are down for other companies to support the TSX aftermarket scene. I have plenty of contacts in the industry and have someone in mind to develop a turbo kit for you guys
Old 10-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
interesting ...
Old 10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Boost Junky

Lots of new info coming very shortly with pictures so stay tuned...
Old 10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Boost Junky

alright some new info as promised: Here is weight comparisons for the stock vs UR vs NonStopTuning
OEM Crank Pulley 66oz
UR Crank Pulley 12oz
NST Crank Pulley 13oz- The Prototype crank pulley that I am getting will not have any holes drilled in it yet, so if you guys would rather have a drilled out pulley to have an even larger weight savings they will do it for us.

OEM Alt Pulley 10oz
UR Alt Pulley 4oz
NST Alt Pulley 3oz

Pictures of the 2 pulleys coming in a few minutes
Old 10-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Boost Junky

Alright guys, here are some preliminary pictures, the final product will be a lot more presentable and will add that Bling under the hood

and some more pics of NonStopTuning products for your viewing pleasure
NonStopTuning
Old 10-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by simplyscion
My friend Mike from NonStopTuning was telling me the other day they love UR products....only cause they are easy to beat on price and hp gains
Trust me when I say these guys know their stuff. You guys will not be dissapointed, I can promise that.
If you want to prove the great quality of these pulleys, try to do it without criticizing another company with a great product and great repuation who has been an innovator for many vehicles, including Honda/Acura. If you can only prove the product is great by making questionable criticisms about others' products and unproven claims about your own product then maybe you have to go back to the drawing board.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Boost Junky

all i said was that the pulleys were cheaper and would probly yield greater gains...where in my post did I put down UR's quality of their products...I didn't...competition is always great in this industry cause it offers options for people. UR makes a great product and in no way am I denying that
Old 10-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Senior Moderator

no need to bash a great and proven product. Still, quite interested in what you've got goin on here! Just get a set of these on your car, and a before and after dyno will speak for itself.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Intermediate

Hi everyone, another noob here. Like simplyscion I am also a long time NST customer and good friends with the people over there. Mike over at NST was telling me about this project a few hours ago and he showed me this page so I decided to come and say a few words.

I have been using NST pulleys on my Toyotas over the past few years and I'm also using their underdrive pulley kit that they recently released for the Honda R18 in my new 8th gen Civic. Their quality is simply outstanding and their customer service could not be better.

Yes, Unorthodox Racing makes a great product and has been doing so for a long time. But I think we can all agree that competition is very important for innovation of new products, new ideas, and overall growth. Let's give the guys at NonStopTuning a shot and see what they have to offer

Ok, time for me to run off now and take a look around your forums!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:44 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Excelerate
If you want to prove the great quality of these pulleys, try to do it without criticizing another company with a great product and great repuation who has been an innovator for many vehicles, including Honda/Acura. If you can only prove the product is great by making questionable criticisms about others' products and unproven claims about your own product then maybe you have to go back to the drawing board.

naw competition is better for the consumer. UR and NST need to start an e-fight with each other so we get the best product possible.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Keep me updated.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 AM
Boost Junky

well, your subscribed to the thread so just keep checking back. The pulleys were sent out to me this afternoon, and I should have them here by the weekend. The only problem is I am gonna wanna put these bad boys on once I get them but I need to get a baseline dyno run before I do so and I may not be able to do that till next Tuesday. I will see what I can pull off though
Old 10-31-2006, 05:57 AM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Talk of NST being cheaper - have we any idea of what price these will cost each?
Even those of another model or make - just to give a guideline.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Instructor

We have two guys here saying NST is great and has more HP etc etc ....

Nothing is for certain right now, and no dyno to prove anything. We also dont know if they will have any affect on the car as its only 2 pulleys that are being changed.

Please dont make any assumptions or bash UR until the product is fully reviewed and a dyno to prove it.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:32 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
has UR been bashed in this thread?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jiggaman
has UR been bashed in this thread?
One thing that sets NST apart from the competition is the fact that they offer an overdrive alternator pulley that will NOT drain your alternator performance.
False claim. UR also uses a slightly larger alternator pulley with their underdrive crank pulley.

The crank pulley will still be the underdrive, which will be the source of the gains because it is the sender pulley. It dictates what t he associated accessories will do, but with the overdrive alt pulley you guys wont hafta worry about voltage drop unlike other underdriven pulley sets available.
Tests were done. The voltage drop was very insignificant b/c the accessory pulleys are slightly larger than stock to compensate for the underdrive pulley so this is false also.

Questionable claim since there is no proof yet.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Racer

WHAT THE HELL THATS MY FRIENDS COMPANY MIKE, IVE KNOWN HIM SINCE I WAS 13 do you happen to have his phone number or something, i saw this thread and i been tryin to get his info, and have you met him?? i gotta know if he still has his lil tercel lolll
Old 10-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Intermediate

OK guys, let me try and clear a few things up for you if I may.

First and foremost, this is not a thread to bash UR or any other company. It is a thread that is trying to stirr up interest in the advancement of the TSX community. Why is it bad for you guys to have more options, more product available for you, and better overall prices? These are the things that competition offer your community, so take advantage. Don't try to bash the new guy...

Second, a smaller pulley is not always underdrive. And a larger pulley does not always mean overdrive.

Here is some info from www.NonStopTuning.com Those of you interested in learning more can go to their site and look around for yourself as well

Your crank pulley at the bottom is the sender pulley and is responsible for sending power to the accessories. When you decrease the diameter of the crank pulley you are making the associated accessories run slower, which is called underdrive.

Now, if you also added a larger accessory pulley to the mix, like the UR alternator pulley, you would further slow the alternator.

If you want to slow something down you can either do it with a smaller sender pulley, a larger receiver pulley, or a combination of both. The UR set has an underdrive crank pulley, plus an underdrive alternator pulley. The result is slow plus slow = slower alternator. Pleople who have experience with bike gears can understand what I'm talking about here.

NST uses an underdrive crank pulley because it is the sender pulley. The sender determines what speed the accessories spin at and how much horsepower is used to spin them. But at the same time they use an overdrive alternator pulley (no, not bigger than the stock one) to speed the alternator up and make it more efficient.

Here is a pic that shows you some voltage testing with the stock alternator pulley

Here is a pic that shows you some voltage testing with the NST alternator pulley

You determine for yourself what you think looks best.

The Unorthodox kit is a great one for sure. But what is wrong with having other great kits as well?
Why are some people so determined to turn this into an NST vs UR war?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Intermediate

And yes Raheel616, Mike is the owner of NST and he really knows his stuff when it comes to pulleys. You guys can find him through his site, www.NonStopTuning.com or you can look for him on AOL at the screen name NSTonAIM

All of this information is stuff that I have learned from him over the past few years. Feel free to IM him and say hello, he loves to hear from all his customers and takes great care of them
Old 10-31-2006, 02:10 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
UR VS NST!!!!

Old 10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Instructor

The thing is you guys are comparing it to UR even though the NST pulleys have not been fully tested and proven on the TSX yet.

Sure, its good to have other companies producing the same mods for the car as it gives everyone choices. We dont know or should not make any claims until its proven that NST is indeed better than UR.

Just keep us posted on the final results.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by jiggaman
UR VS NST!!!!

lmao.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Lots of people promise, few deliver. I withhold any judgement about NST until I see a set. All I (and everyone worth anything) was trying to clear up was any confusion about the UR set.

Of course we want more parts, aftermarket competition, etc. Just stop fanboy'ing stuff until it gets out into the real world!

In the meantime, I eagerly await a production set and some results, just like everyone else. Gosh!
Old 10-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 8civic
OK guys, let me try and clear a few things up for you if I may.

First and foremost, this is not a thread to bash UR or any other company. It is a thread that is trying to stirr up interest in the advancement of the TSX community. Why is it bad for you guys to have more options, more product available for you, and better overall prices? These are the things that competition offer your community, so take advantage. Don't try to bash the new guy...

Why are some people so determined to turn this into an NST vs UR war?
You might want to direct your attention to the original poster. This isn't a war between products but false claims against a well known and proven product were made and they have to be refuted with evidence. People would believe what was said if no one replied.

The UR set has an underdrive crank pulley, plus an underdrive alternator pulley. The result is slow plus slow = slower alternator.

Here is a voltage test done independently by a very mod prone member who is very capable (Jtso) and this is with the UR Underdrive Pulley Set:

If you want to see more info on it look here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30694

Also if there is a car running 13.6 volts at idle with a stock pulley there are either a lot of accessories on or the battery is losing efficiency. For him to jump up .3-.4 volts with an aftermarket pulley system is kind of odd.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Racer

And yes Raheel616, Mike is the owner of NST and he really knows his stuff when it comes to pulleys. You guys can find him through his site, www.NonStopTuning.com or you can look for him on AOL at the screen name NSTonAIM

All of this information is stuff that I have learned from him over the past few years. Feel free to IM him and say hello, he loves to hear from all his customers and takes great care of them

lol give me his number i lost it over time pm it to me i grew up knowing him ask him if he remembers raheel from sharpstown the kid next to the place he worked at, and tell him im pissed at him lol.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
I have been using NST pulleys on my Toyotas over the past few years.....
Originally Posted by NST website
NonStopTuning was established in 2005......
Something doesn't jive in here.

Quick Reply: New Pulley Set's Coming Soon from NST!!!