Need Help Finding DIY

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Finding DIY

Hi! I'm very sorry but even after searching for 20 minutes I cannot seem to find a DIY thread for a Progress RSB for an 06 AT TSX. If anyone could lead me to one via a link it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and sorry for being search-retarded.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Advanced

MMM
if i remember you have to remove ur crossmember a little bit to be able to take out the OEM and install the progress.

Ill check for u with my buddy that has one.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Instructor

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=progress+tsx

This is for a 2009 TSX. The install is very similar. You won't need to drill a bigger hole on the mounts since the bolts on the package should fit on the stock mounts. Removing the exhaust from its hangers is not that necessary to remove the OEM RSB.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Intermediate

Thanks A lot! I'm not that experienced with DIYs but I think I can handle this one!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I just did this upgrade this weekend (2006 AT). I too was searching for DIY and found this thread, which led me to the 2009 TSX link above, which basically points to the heeltoe write up on the topic.

These instructions basically worked - my experience is documented below. These are not complete instructions - just supplements to the heeltoe link.

1. I jacked up the rear of the car using jack stands on the actual jack points. The car was high enough to work on just fine. Before I jacked the car up, I losened the lugs on the driver side rear tire so I could take it off if needed - glad I did.

2. Undoing the bolts on the stock RSB is straight forward. You do need the allen wrench to hold the sway bar link in place to undo the bolt. I had to use a regular wrench for this - you can't use a socket wrench because the allen wrench is in the way.

3. I found different opinions about what to remove / loosen to get the bar in and out. One said pull the tire, one said loosen the exhaust hangers. I wound up having to do both. I only had to pull the tire to get the stock bar out (that made it very easy), but the progress bar was too thick to go back in the same way. So I just pulled off the top of the front exhaust hanger (the top of the triangle), and that put enough play in the exhaust system to get the progress bar in. I didn't have to touch the rear exhaust hanger.

4. Putting the bar in was equally straight forward. No holes to drill - all of the stock bolts work just fine. One thing I would change - I greased up the brushings and put them on before getting the bar into position. If I did this again I would put the bar in first and just set it in position, then put the grease in the brushings and put them on. Because I did this first, the brushings kept getting caught and slid around as I tried to navigate the bar into position. Once in position, just bolt it back on.

5. The bar for the 1st Gen is different than the one pictured - the two holes are sequential, not on top of each other. When the bar is position, the softer setting is the hole closest to the front of the car, the stiffer setting is the hold towards the rear. I used the latter.

The whole thing took me 2 hrs, but I was moving fairly slow and taking time to clean the hardware. Also because I'm an old man and there wasn't a lot of room sometimes to get a lot of leverage.

As for the change in ride - love it. Should have done this years ago. Body roll is noticeably less in the corners. There are a couple of corners on my drive into work that I can take as fast as I want, and the car stuck much better during the turn and coming out of it. Worth the small amount of money and time for sure.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,192 Posts
I've had my progress RSB + aSpec suspension for +80,000 miles and it still rides and handles like new with no noise or rattles or clunks (almost 110,000 miles on my 06).