NA vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 01:36 PM
Stokeless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just found a typo in my last reply...at the end it should be "you have no" instead of you have know knowledge" just to clairfy....i was up for 24 hours and hung over most the day sorry if my ENGLISH IS TOO MUCH FOR YOU. This is an North America based board and in the US and Canada the primary language is ENGLISH. If you dont like it move back to where ever it is you came from.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Advanced

lol.......world war 4 or something?
why is everyone getting piss
Old 06-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by iceriver
lol.......world war 4 or something?
why is everyone getting piss
Because you write like shit, you obviously know nothing about mechanics, but still you try to come off as knowledgeable, and to add to it, you're too much of a lazy asshole to read our english posts in an english forum.

Then you wonder why we're at you!?

Teh sux. Go away, troll!

Edit: remind me to give you more negative rep once I can give it to you again. :sqnteek:
Old 06-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Advanced

hey, do u even know me?
how the fuck do u know that i don't know a shit about mechanics
huh? answer my question
ps: my question is do u know me? yes or no

don't be a dumbass, and try to be cool talking shit to me
Old 06-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Ok - settle down everyone ... back on topic or get out of this thread.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Stokeless

the fact of this thread is that turbo vs NA no matter how you slice it is all personal preference. I know my shiet when it comes to hondas and turbo...no one can tell me what i cant do to turbo a honda motor. And if it will be streetable. I have a homie with 230 whp on a B20 delsol. Lookin to get 260 here soon. BUT he HAS to use race gas. which is not streetable. Everyone understand that? GOOD.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:08 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"the fact of this thread is that turbo vs NA no matter how you slice it is all personal preference."

I think this is the first intelligent contribution you've made to this thread. Well said.
Your friend's B20 setup is quite different being as his 260HP is not only on an engine that was originally lower powered as well as the displacement size of his engine as compared to the 2.4L TSX K series and the technology differences behind the two engines. Less compression would be required to make the 2.4L TSX motor up to the same power level as your buddy's B20 just on a simple level of displacement since I don't want to go into the mechanical details in which you may be lost. Therefore less compression will in general require less of a high octane fuel. Are you still folowing the basic understandings here?

You can spout off your mouth all you like about boost but the facts are simple. Streetability is possible with a 300HP NA setup on the TSX.

My experience and knowledge are too long to bother listing for the likes of you. We'll just say that I've learned to do a lot more over the years than lower a car . If you'd like I'll be more than happy to sit you down and educate you.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

civic4982, are you the one who just gave me negative rep? If it is you, please at least have the guts to explain why and sign it, just like I made sure everyone knew I gave negative reps to iceriver. If you don't answer this, I'll assume it's you, and you can be sure you'll get your change, only, if I give it to you, it's going to weigh in a lot more than your meagre -1.

If it isn't you, my appologies, there is only one other on this thread who would have done it, and I'll take care of it.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:10 PM
cmf
ATCer

Maybe iceriver returned you the favor...
Old 07-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sauceman
civic4982, are you the one who just gave me negative rep? If it is you, please at least have the guts to explain why and sign it, just like I made sure everyone knew I gave negative reps to iceriver. If you don't answer this, I'll assume it's you, and you can be sure you'll get your change, only, if I give it to you, it's going to weigh in a lot more than your meagre -1.

If it isn't you, my appologies, there is only one other on this thread who would have done it, and I'll take care of it.
hey dude.....u still havn't answer my question yet
once again...........my question is do u know me?
yes or no
Old 07-04-2004, 12:58 AM
cmf
ATCer

I know you, you're iceriver, a 16 yr old who lives in WA.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:22 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by cmf
And you're not showing you're worth getting more interested in, if that's the answer you want.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:50 AM
Ayumi Hamasaki

Wow, you guys are funny lol. Driving a 300HP turbo charged car everyday isn't a problem, that's what so nice about turbo charges. They only click in when you get on it. I mean, yeah you may be at 2-5 pounds driving around town unless you step on it. Also, when building an all motor car, you're going to have to spend a lot of money to get all the power you can out of it. If I were to seriously do an all motor TSX, I would have Jun build the motor.

I've said it a million times in this forum, I would go for the Turbo Charger. And what's up with this reliability issues and tuning issues? If HKS comes out with the turbo charger for the TSX, then they're going to have the engine management to go with it. Tuning is easy on a front wheel drive. Engine management and a dyno, that's all you need. Try tuning an AWD car without a dyno, now that's a bitch, lots and lots of time and you'll never get it perfect. Turbo charged cars are soo much funner too.

I drive a Subaru WRX STi with an Atmospheric downpipe and Catback exhuast, lemme tell you that thing is a ton of fun. I'm pushing 320-330HP at the crank with about 16psi. It's so much funner than the TSX, and with forced induction cars, you add a downpipe and exhaust you get mad gains. Go for the turbocharger, don't go for a supercharger, that's gay and also, if you're going ot be racing with your TSX, don't buy 18's, I highly reccomend 17's.

Nice seeing you all again.

l8ers
Wess
Old 07-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cmf
and i have a big cock
Old 07-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
:whocares:
Old 07-04-2004, 11:52 PM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by iceriver
and i have a big cock
I didn't know they had farms in WA.....guessing that's the only way you've seen a bunch of big roosters. Kinda confused why you're telling that to dudes? You go that way? I think you are the only person with a red box next to their name! Should tell ya something!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by Wess
I drive a Subaru WRX STi
I don't really think you can compare a stock motor designed for boost w/ a NA one. There's a lot more to consider since the K24 has a high compression ratio and not specifically built for FI.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Stokeless

this civic guy cracks me up. Obviously you have NO knowlegde of turbo and are a waste of space in this thread. a 300 hp all motor tsx will have to use race gas, higher compression and completely different valve train. 260 hp in the B20 came from individual tb's and 14:1 CR. there is no valve train (cams) available fot the TSX. Therefore not possible. If you could take what is out there right now there is no way possible to make an all motor TSX that pushes 300 whp. STREETABILITY means daily driven. that wont happen in a TSX thats 100 hp gain. With out race gas you CAN'T accomplish this. I dont care who you are or what you think you know. Obviously you have no idea what you are talkin about. Get over it your out classed and out gunned. I know my hondas you know what you read in Stupid Street magazine. Build some engines race some cars and have them do sub 10 sec runs. When you can get your "civic" to do this then come talk to me. Until then you have no idea who you are talking to. Turbo is the easiest, cheapest and most reliable way to get 300 whp on a TSX.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:48 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I won't bother to explain to you ideas such as displacement for combustion and high compression motors nor tuning because honestly I've tried to hint at these basic concepts and yet your simple mind cannot contain them.

You have to understand stokeless that you are just a classless monkey and will never understand these highly complex subjects. engineering is definitely too difficult for you so save yourself the trouble.

I too have built 10 second cars from hondas to corvettes and mustangs. My credentials are beyond anyting you could fathom. Now go back to polishing your shoes and leave the engineering to those with education.

And finally, as I stated in your other thread where I made you my bitch. I don't own a civic.

civic4982's 03CLS 6MT > stokeless ricer TSX

You can have the last word after this. I nolonger want to toy with your subpar mentalcapacity.