My TSX Third Brake Light Mod - What do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm a llama :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scheißterhöffer
That would be sweet.

These people are modifying their brake-pushing patterns to accommodate a more aesthetically pleasing flashing pattern???
Weren't you paying attention? It's actually a mod to make the brake pattern annoying as hell.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Motohip
Weren't you paying attention? It's actually a mod to make the brake pattern annoying as hell.
I understand. But they're also talking about how they blip the brake a couple times to prevent it from doing the undesired 9 flash thing:

Originally Posted by tuoncan
Actually the one I got has 8 initial flashs which is good enough for me. Like Green destiny said, if you worry that this might get annoying, before you brake do a quick tap, release, and then brake which will do 1 flash.
you!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pics?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JChait
Every lexus is300 and the trucks failed inspection in the years 2002 and 2003 when the factory altezzas came out in nj. people had to go back to inspection stations with there stickers and dealer letters to show dmv they were factory. once that was done they were able to pass. side blinkers are a factroy addition so therefore they pass inspection. this has nothing to do with society accpepting something. it comes down to common sense and realizeing whats right and whats wrong. and the inspector will go from there.
as far as patroling the streets and making motor vehicle stops i can tell u this. cops these days are young. we know cars. we have had and have cars and bikes and what not. we know whats right and we know whats wrong. were just like any other driver. if we dont like something or know we have no choice to act on soemthing cause everyone is looking at u like arent u gonna do something than we have too...its that simple. ur mod is not a factory thing. anyone knows that. the only thing that comes factory on is AMBULANCES! and its 2 quick flashes and than steady!! and thats with LEDS!! nothing else. if u want to argue this thats fine. but im telling u now if u were anything but a motorcycle and i saw that. unless ur related to a cop or a cop u would get written and even get impounded in my state. and the reason for the stop would be because guys would think its gay. i hate to say it but most car stops come about because people do stupid obvious shit and u have to do something about it.
Jay
You talk about realizeing (sic) whats right and wrong. Actually you are the one than needs to consider right and wrong, I hope you understand you are just the type of officer of the law that cause people to hate your profession. You rattle on about a statutory violation in your jurisdiction, while at the same time show your lake of moral compass with your admitted favoritism.

"unless ur related to a cop or a cop u would get written and even get impounded in my state"

^ One very good reason to avoid the Garden State.

Oh and BTW capital letters are nothing to be feared, you don't even have to be related to a teacher to use them, no one will run out and impound your computer either, even in your jusrisdiction.

Regarding the thread, one person metioned flashing under panic stops, I think it is the whole E46 range after 2003.5 (I know my M3 does it) but under panic stops the LEDs in all three brake lights get much brighter. I assume it has spread throughout the immer line since then. I have never been behind myself so I am not sure how much difference it makes.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:38 AM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by scheißterhöffer
I understand. But they're also talking about how they blip the brake a couple times to prevent it from doing the undesired 9 flash thing:

you!

me!