Mods for the TSX, only serious Help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
tsxy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Mods for the TSX, only serious Help please

SORRY THIS IS LONG:
Ok I am interested in talking seriously with someone who knows their shit about cars, especially the TSX and parts/performance and will help me. If anyone would be willing to chat with me via e-mail I would really appreciate it. I am sorry I am just so busy I cannot go through all these forums and then on top of that, many times my questions are not asked/answered and then I really have no basic idea so i feel stupid.
I hope to soon get some new rims, tires, chrome exhaust tips, lower the car, body kit/ground effects (front and rear spoilers and side skirts) etc.. At this point in my life I am really going more for looks rather than performance/speed. I may/may not do mods inside, depending on if u have any advice for me. Actually I know I do want to upgrade the stereo. Thinking of Amp + one 10" sub. or so.. if anyone knows well about car stereos that would be good too.
So if anybody would be willing to help me it would be greatly appreciated. I completely understand if everyone is really busy and doesnt want to deal with this but I seriously have no idea, and i dont trust going to a lot of car stores because they always try to get me to buy more shit and i feel like sometimes they lie if things will fit your car just so they can sell....
i.e. i went to this place for wheels and the jerk off was trying to get me to buy a remote starter AND lambo doors, + dvd player!. WTF. im like CHILL i just want wheels right now!

so please only serious people that REALLY know what they are talking about and willing to help e-mail me:

smmell@ilstu.edu

THANK YOU
Old 03-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
If you have questions about stereos, talk to our resident stereo expert, Elduderino.

If you have questions about appearance mods, check in with site vendor RonDog who is developing a custom Body Kit for the TSX.

If you have questions about wheels, talk to our resident wheel experts Tireguy and Xizor.

Otherwise, just post them here and you'll get goot responses if you ask good questions.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:53 AM
tsxy

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
If you have questions about stereos, talk to our resident stereo expert, Elduderino.

If you have questions about appearance mods, check in with site vendor RonDog who is developing a custom Body Kit for the TSX.

If you have questions about wheels, talk to our resident wheel experts Tireguy and Xizor.

Otherwise, just post them here and you'll get goot responses if you ask good questions.
i dont know what "good" questions are. seriously. i asked what some sort of spring was and Dan Martin gave me a picture of it. no explanation, a picture! HAHA that didnt really help much. LOL. ok while it was funny i really have no idea. (no hostility dan but just saying people probably think im being stupid but i dont know) i just dont want to get screwed over paying thousands of dollars and on stuff that might not even work with my TSX or be unnecessary. im sure someone can feel me on this....
Old 03-04-2005, 10:59 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
if you're gonna buy wheels i suggest searching various sites to see what styles you might like. also look at the TSX wheel gallery to see what style of wheels you like on the TSX. i think thats a good start.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Suzuka Master

I'm warning you guys: DO NOT whore this thread up.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

my suggestions for you

1. tein SS coilovers
2. 18" advan or volk racing wheels
3. factory lip kit

that's all you'll need.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Steph, it's not that we're not nice enough to want to e-mail back and forth personally, but I think it's just easier for folks to answer a question posted at the appropriate forum here because we're already browsing here daily. The plus side of that for you is that you can hear many different opinions about what your plans and questions.

I'd help you, but I only know about engines. But if you do have questions about that in the future, let me know. I'm always happy to talk about engines to anyone who'll listen!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by dzuy
my suggestions for you

1. tein SS coilovers
3. factory lip kit

that's all you'll need.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:57 AM
tsxy

my suggestions for you

1. tein SS coilovers
3. factory lip kit

that's all you'll need.
ok here i go: what are tein SS coilovers. where do i get them and what do they do and how much are they?
3. factory lip kit is what EXACTLY? and where do i get it and how much is it?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:00 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
Steph, it's not that we're not nice enough to want to e-mail back and forth personally, but I think it's just easier for folks to answer a question posted at the appropriate forum here because we're already browsing here daily. The plus side of that for you is that you can hear many different opinions about what your plans and questions.

I'd help you, but I only know about engines. But if you do have questions about that in the future, let me know. I'm always happy to talk about engines to anyone who'll listen!
i know and u make a VERY good point about the diff. opinions but i think some people rush and get shit done to their car and they dont even really know either. i have seen posts on here of people who dont even know what size width their rims are and their tire dimensions. i mean i dont want advice from those people. "b/c their car looks good" but the wheels are sticking all froggy out or they have F*d up their tire rotation and now all of their meters dont work right..
im totally not a negative person but i jsut want the best and done right.
thank you for your input and if i ever decide to put a chip in or modify the engine i ask u, thank you!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 03-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Drifting

ok, even though you're a and it looks like you haven't utilized the search feature much, i'll get you started. (that's not a slam btw, we give all s a hard time. )

rims and tires:
https://acurazine.com/forums/motorsports-news-7/

springs:
https://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?searchid=34272

camber kit:
https://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?searchid=34274

body kit:
https://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?searchid=34275

exhaust:
https://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?searchid=34281

audio:
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/
tsx only - https://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?searchid=60928

if you've got specific ?s, just post away. i'm sorry, but we can't answer all your questions about all the mods in one thread. it'll take way too long and we have a 20k character limit in posts (thanks to clutch i believe ).
Old 03-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by stphy32
ok here i go: what are tein SS coilovers. where do i get them and what do they do and how much are they?
3. factory lip kit is what EXACTLY? and where do i get it and how much is it?
1. tein SS (super street) is a coilover setup.
coilover = new spring and shock

i recommend this for you b/c i doubt you'll be fine tuning your suspension. coilovers are ride height adjustable - so if it's not low enough - you can adjust the height to your liking.

i recommend this for you b/c tein is reputable manufacturer and SS is the entry level coilover system

~900 USD

2. the factory lip kit is the ground effects kit you can buy directly from acura.
~800-1000USD

:troutslap

mods, i wish we still had rep points.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Drifting

mods, i wish we still had rep points.
very informative dzuy. :giveyourselfapatontheback: but seriously, isn't being a pw satisfying enough?

Old 03-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
I'm warning you guys: DO NOT whore this thread up.
:smitler:

Old 03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
tsxy

2. the factory lip kit is the ground effects kit you can buy directly from acura.
~800-1000USD

OK thank you DZUY for your help AND do i just go to my acura dealership to buy this?
Old 03-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by sleeper
very informative dzuy. :giveyourselfapatontheback: but seriously, isn't being a pw satisfying enough?

thank you thank you.

man, i've been doin so many informative posts lately.

remember a few months back when i was giving my opinions of all the mods that i was doin?

now that is what i call dedication.

:troutslap
Old 03-04-2005, 01:50 PM
cmf
ATCer

~800-1000USD

OK thank you DZUY for your help AND do i just go to my acura dealership to buy this?

Dealer is gonna charge you more than what it's worth. Try ebay or something of the like. You can get them cheaper through a very small amount of dealers at cost on ebay.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

Lightbulb

OK long response to long question. Here is my from what it is worth.

Bodykits:
I've done a lot of research over the past year since I've got my car. My car came with OEM skirt, spoiler. I'd recommend going with either the OEM or Kenstyle bodykits since they dont sway from the car's distinct body lines. Whatever you do dont go to Andy's Auto Sport. I have had major probs with them in the past. And I'm not the only one. I dont want to go into details, so please trust me on this. Good ordering sites are prostreetonline, and www.autocarparts.com. Thier prices are amazing and thier service is even better.

Suspension:
I didnt like how high the car was when I first got it so I purchased ground control coilovers and koni yellow shocks. I did a lot or research before I bought them and they make the biggest difference ever. I also installed Comptech anti roll, and titanium front strut bars to increase the car's ridgidness as I love taking corners at high speeds. I also did a lot of research before going to comptech. They are a little over priced, but the parts are always over-engineered .

brakes:
I still have the stock brake system as it is very expensive to get a good quality aftermarket brake system. I was looking at going to brembo, or rotora but it looked too expensive for what you get ($2000) plus they are really only designed for racing applications. I was going to get slotted rotors, specifically powerslot but they had a lot of bad reviews. What I did instead is I painted the brake calipers Racing Red. It looks really good and only costs $10. There are a lot of products out there that will increase braking such as state-of-the-art brake pads, and stainless steel brake lines. For right now I'm not going to worry about it. TSX braking isnt bad but not up to par compared to BMW 3 series and compettors, but I think its mostly due to crappy tires the TSX comes stock with.

intake/exhaust:
OK did a lot of research here to. For the intake I went with Injen CAI. I almost went with the K&N typhoon system but I like Injen better from past experience. I decided to stay away from AEM as I jsut dont like them very much (no real reason really, tho they make good stuff). Im my opinion as far as intakes go, they all with give you the same hp gain. maybe one will give you 0.2 hp more -who cares. One thing I like about the intake is it really sounds great and you can hear it when the vtec kicks in, and really makes the car screem.

For exhaust I was going to go with DC dualies but went with Greddy Evo2. OMFG it is the sickest exhaust ever. Very quiet and deep at low rpm, and very deep roring thobbing sound higher then 4000. IT sounds really good and geets your addrenaline pumping. Note: If you get one dont drive fast in underground parking as it sets car alarms off! A catback is pretty expensive and you dont really get any more power, but it looks amazing from the back. No one wants to mess with a car that has 4.5 inch dual tips from the back. The canisters are huge and are tucked away above so they dont bottom out like similar products will. As far as anything I have purchased yet, the Greddy system is my fav .

I'm planning on getting the comptech stainless steal header soon, since I'm debating on putting a 50hp shot of NOS in there from Nitros Express. I'd rather get a turbo, or supercharger but I've read that there is a software issue with the TSX in regards to the mapping of airflow. I still have a lot of reseach to do first for it, and I think I'll let someone else be the gunnipig when it comes to turbo and such. Another problem I think is with the drive-by-wire throttal system, according to hondata thats the reason they dont want to touch the engine right now. (just what I heard).

interior:
from the dealership I also got a custom satin silver dash interior. I have no pics right now but it looks really good. silver everywhere from the clock down to infront of arm rest. it really matches the satin silver horizintal trim. Plus comes with blue lights from above and in the console that reflect accross at night. I dont know how you would get it but if you are intestest I'll contact the dealer. -Note: the dash is not a stock accessory it is different and looks better than the genuine acura accessory dash

I have also got the satin silver momo handbreak handle. and comptech short shifter, tho I havent installed them yet. so I cant really comment on them. but the ebrake will really look nice as it matches everyting and will really stick out.

You might think this is pure cheese, but I went and got black floor mats with big bright white japanees letters, and put blue neon accent lights above the feet space so the blue light reflects off the white lettering. I think it looks good, but most ppl think it only something a dumb teenager would do .

rims/wheels:
I still have the stock rims and wheels. But I'm definly upgrading in this spring. I'm either going with 19" ronjon silver Insypres or 19" Kyowa KR206. Not sure yet. I dont recomment getting OZ, or MOMO as they are way too soft and not designed for North American rough roads. Dont get chrome unless you are geting 24" and putting on an Escalade. I'm not a fan of chrome. I in general I dont like the way they look and takes away from the car.

For tires I'm definly going with Toyo Proxy4's 235/35/19. they are the best tires for the $$. I'm probably going to go with the Kyowa rims as they cost less, have a lip, and wiegh less than the ronjons. I'll prolly purchase from www.bigwheels.net let me know if you know or anything negative about them if you delt with them in the past.

Waht else, I think thats it. kinda long eh? (yes from Canada) One last small thing I totally recomend is getting limo tint on back window and doors. 35% on driver windows to keep the heat down in the summer and protect the leather. Also and invisible bra for the front to protect against stone chips (best investment ever!!) Make sure to cover from the bottom of the skirt to 1/3 up the hood.

Thats all I think tho prolly left some things out.

Oh do something about the horrible orange reflector. very big pet pieve of mine right now. there is a form in this site somewhere that talks about it. Other option is spending $1044 on a pair of Euro-R headlight kits and sell the OEM ones.

hope answered at least some of your questions

Chris
Old 03-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Hondaholic

Well Stephanie Marie, I guess I owe you an apology................
Old 03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by LannyM
Well Stephanie Marie, I guess I owe you an apology................
I think everyone here does
i already graduated in May 2004. i dont know why they still have that info.
I am sure you went onto ISU webpage and found out my name..
Old 03-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Chris, your car sounds awesome. You should definitely post pics and share. I'd really like to see the interior.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Banned

I think everyone here does
i already graduated in May 2004. i dont know why they still have that info.
I am sure you went onto ISU webpage and found out my name..

Old 03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Photography Nerd

See this is what I don't get about you Stphy: you complain that nobody helps you then someone like ChrisF takes the time to write 1000+ word reply to you and you don't say anything? Even sleeper probably spent 20 minutes searching the board to compose his post and no response....

What's up with that?
Old 03-04-2005, 03:26 PM
tsxy

youre right they get way more credit for their answers, but now i want to take the time (when i have it) and go through what they posted, the forums and online look up.
why are u hating on me so much Dan? ur always getting on my case....
Old 03-04-2005, 03:28 PM
tsxy

DZUY, SLEEPER AND CHRISF:
just want to say thanks for your input. I will take a look into all that stuff- hopefully this weekend.... Do my research online. I am done with work now and leaving, so have a great weekend and thanks again for the help
Old 03-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Photography Nerd

DZUY, SLEEPER AND CHRISF:
just want to say thanks for your input. I will take a look into all that stuff- hopefully this weekend.... Do my research online. I am done with work now and leaving, so have a great weekend and thanks again for the help

A little courtesy goes a long way in these parts...
Old 03-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Race Director

youre right they get way more credit for their answers, but now i want to take the time (when i have it) and go through what they posted, the forums and online look up.
why are u hating on me so much Dan? ur always getting on my case....

cuase ur an attention whore bitch

Old 03-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Race Director

Old 03-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Drifting

thanks steph and dan.

ok, i know i'm missing some stuff, but here are some additional links (guys, feel free to add more since this is info for everyone):

OEM (original equipment)
http://www.handa-accessories.com/tsx.html
http://www.hond/Merchant2/merchant.m...gory_Code=ATSX
http://acuradriver.safeshopper.com/
http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/home.jsp

(dealership stores on eBay) http://stores.ebay.com/stores/shopstores?query=tsx+oem

AEM (after-market) and other useful sites:
http://www.autocarparts.com/cars/Acura/TSX/
http://www.cardomain.com/
http://www.comptechusa.com/store/tsx.html
http://www.dcsports.com
http://www.eibach.com/cgi-bin/start....ach/index.html
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/
http://www.hrsprings.com/
http://www.injen.com/index_04.html
http://knfilters.com/
http://www.modacar.com/car/Acura/TSX/
http://www.neuspeed.com/home.asp
http://www.ronjonwheels.com/
http://www.spcperformance.com/
http://www.streetimage.com/ (under construction)
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/
http://www.tein.com/
http://www.ultrarev.com/ecart/shopdi...=TSX&Year=2004
Old 03-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by ChrisF
OK long response to long question. Here is my from what it is worth.
props to a guy who is a lot smarter than his post count
Old 03-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

The Wheel Gallery

Here's the wheel gallery. I suggest looking through it to figure out which styles you like, and then ask some questions to get people's opinions. Before you ask people about wheels, decide these things about your rims

What size
How much
Which style (JDM, Bling, etc)

Then people can direct you in the right direction, wheels can cost from $1200-$3000, so it doesn't do anyone much good if you don't narrow it down.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by xizor
props to a guy who is a lot smarter than his post count
Old 03-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Intermediate

Look

Sounds like this girl needs a boyfriend that will hold her hand and tell her what to do and answer her questions. I think that you should go this route instead of trying to get your questions answered on a board. For someone who said that they didn't have enough time to be on "these" boards, you seem to be posting an awful lot of posts! BOOYAKASHA!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:52 AM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by ourquieta
BOOYAKASHA!
Respect!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Race Director

Sounds like this girl needs a boyfriend that will hold her hand and tell her what to do and answer her questions. I think that you should go this route instead of trying to get your questions answered on a board. For someone who said that they didn't have enough time to be on "these" boards, you seem to be posting an awful lot of posts! BOOYAKASHA!

Old 03-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Banned

>> Originally Posted by ourquieta BOOYAKASHA!

whats that ?
Old 03-07-2005, 09:29 AM
tsxy

Red face

[QUOTE=sleeper] thanks steph and dan.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 AM
tsxy

OK sounds like...YOURE AN ASS! . because I can ADMIT that this is one area that I really do not know much about and I ask for help, I need a boyfriend? PUH-LEASE... i dont NEED anyone, if I WANT someone I will have that person. AND I would never date someone just because I dont know how to mod my car correctly. its guys like you who make independent girls like myself hate admitting when they dont know somethings and ask for help because you get your big ego that girls "always need guys for everything to hold their hand and blah blah blah." ... I know my cars, i dont know how to mod them. Thank you. You seem like the kind of guy that dates a weak pathetic little girl and you boss her all around. you would NEVER be able to handle me.

Quick Reply: Mods for the TSX, only serious Help please