Looking for a Navi-Hacker...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a Navi-Hacker...

Not exactly sure where to post this for best results, but here's the situation...

I was at my dealer getting my car aligned and they noticed my modded navigation system and they came to me with questions and a contract opportunity, which I can't fulfill and was curious if anyone here could.

A customer of his has a 2003 CL and is moving to Hawaii. He has navigation on his car, but the only Acuras with Hawaii navigation information are 2005+ RLs. The dealer is looking for someone to contract out the retrofit of the RL navigational data using the CL navigation software package. The dealer can provide both CL and RL navigation discs and I believe is willing to pay for the service as well. It sounds pretty complicated, though I know we have quite a few software gurus on this site. (*bysin* where are you?)

If anyone is interested and thinks they could do this, PM me and I'll get you in contact with the Service Manager at my dealer.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny thing is, this is most likely highly illegal. There are copyright and contractual issues with NavTeq and Acura which your dealer is not considering, and he could get majorly F'd by his superiors if anyone found out.

I'd stay far, far away from this. Elio, consider informing the dealer of such.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, forgot about IP implications. You are most likely right. Any lawyers around to ping in before I turn my dealer down?