Jackson Racing supercharger, myth or fact?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 06:52 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jackson Racing supercharger, myth or fact?

I keep seeing in a variety of Honda/Acura forums that Jackson Racing is supposedly developing a supercharger for the TSX. Is this true?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:26 AM
kenstyle on 20's

yeah its true wont be to much longer
Old 09-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxondubs
yeah its true wont be to much longer
do you have a source or thread confirming this? I don't ever remember JR annoucing anything, people have just been comparing CompTech's TSX S/C to the existing JRSC on the RSX-S K-series.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:30 PM
kenstyle on 20's

my girl talks to kieth and mike at jr and there suppose to have on out soon since the manifold for the rsx and the tsx is the same for the supercharger manifold blower setup they sale ,id find more about it but there out of the country right now be back this coming week then ill give yall some more information
Old 09-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Instructor

I've heard that they're working on one. Its just that Oscar Jackson will play no part in it.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

i haven't heard any real confirmation on the JR S/C.

i don't personally care b/c i would buy the comptech blower over the jackson any day of the week.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:23 PM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by dzuy
i haven't heard any real confirmation on the JR S/C.

i don't personally care b/c i would buy the comptech blower over the jackson any day of the week.

Any specific reason why?
Old 09-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by cmf
Any specific reason why?
jackson racing WAS one of the elite makers of blowers for honda/acura...

but a friend of mine basically had an awful experience with a jr sc on his civic, basically jackson coudn't support him on something that he needed...

on top of that, comptech has long been reknowned for making excellent products for honda/acura cars. as a matter of fact, some dealers will keep the warranty intact if comptech parts are installed on your car from an authorized comptech dealer...supercharger included.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Holla Back Youngin

dzuy.. when that charger comes out... im comin to u for the hook up.. you kno why too
Old 09-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by Tsex on 19s
dzuy.. when that charger comes out... im comin to u for the hook up.. you kno why too
b/c i'm the freakin MAN!

Old 09-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Holla Back Youngin

lol whateva..... maybe its cause u've been in the "scene" longer...
Old 09-30-2004, 04:24 PM
The extra b is for byobb

Just curious-
does anyone know the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for an rsx-s with the jr supercharger?
Old 09-30-2004, 06:14 PM
kenstyle on 20's

i have to disagree with u as for u havent owned either blower,jacksonracing has awesome support on the products,if anthing messes up they over nite u the parts no question asked ,and comptech is only warrantied cause it done not make any real hp gains ,but to each his own im still rolling with jackson racing ,if anyone gets comptech anywhere around me ill race u and show u comptech is just a name , david

since yall are in florida also when yall get the comptech blower ill make the road trip to run yall and see what yall have to say about jackson racing when its all said and done ill be in daytona spring break at the tuner bash show since thats where my car will make its first show ,if yall have it done by then be more then happy to take u for a ride or see what comptech has to offer
Old 09-30-2004, 06:17 PM
kenstyle on 20's

Originally Posted by phirenze
Just curious-
does anyone know the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for an rsx-s with the jr supercharger?
it depends on the blower pulley and how much psi they are running 5 psi wont be no where near as fast as a 7 psi and then u have the 9psi upgrade that can be a low 13 sec car with the right driver , david
Old 09-30-2004, 06:18 PM
kenstyle on 20's

Originally Posted by phirenze
Just curious-
it depends on the blower pulley and how much psi they are running 5 psi wont be no where near as fast as a 7 psi and then u have the 9psi upgrade that can be a low 13 sec car with the right driver , david

my girl has a jr blower on a rsx type-s
Old 09-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

i have to disagree with u as for u havent owned either blower,jacksonracing has awesome support on the products,if anthing messes up they over nite u the parts no question asked ,and comptech is only warrantied cause it done not make any real hp gains ,
if I remember correctly, one of the longest threads on clubrsx is a dialogue of complaints about the JRSC
Old 09-30-2004, 07:33 PM
kenstyle on 20's

if u go back to clubrsx and read more then u would see everything has been fixed if u only read the first pages when it first came out yeah there was still some bugs that needed to be worked out but yall do what u want and do a lil bit more research before u come and say they have the most complaints,go and read the whole thread and read the boost forum and see that they have fixed everything wrong with the original setup and upgraded it all ,xizor get comptech and show me how much power u put down and see who has more and tell me how good comptech is when something breaks about getting u a new part and how much down time u have from them dragging ass,, i mean do what u think would be best for u if u want low boost go comptech,if u want to upgrade it later go jrsc ,but do what u think is right dont jump on someones nuts because they say something is good get what u think is better dont follow people go your own route and get what you think is the best in your mind ,yall go comptech if yall want spend the extra grand on it and have less power but if you are a brand freak and want to go with comptech enjoy it they have nice products just dont let it brake....
Old 09-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

:killer: no need to suck on jr's left teet. i think JR is good, my friend has a prelude setup and puts down a ton of HP. but there's no reason to jump on any bandwagon when 1) neither application is out and 2) JR's progress is totally unknown. and its great that JR fixed all the rsx problems, but unfortuantely a bunch of people had to be test mules and I wouldn't call that a great achievement.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
if u go back to clubrsx and read more then u would see everything has been fixed if u only read the first pages when it first came out yeah there was still some bugs that needed to be worked out but yall do what u want and do a lil bit more research before u come and say they have the most complaints,go and read the whole thread and read the boost forum and see that they have fixed everything wrong with the original setup and upgraded it all ,xizor get comptech and show me how much power u put down and see who has more and tell me how good comptech is when something breaks about getting u a new part and how much down time u have from them dragging ass,, i mean do what u think would be best for u if u want low boost go comptech,if u want to upgrade it later go jrsc ,but do what u think is right dont jump on someones nuts because they say something is good get what u think is better dont follow people go your own route and get what you think is the best in your mind ,yall go comptech if yall want spend the extra grand on it and have less power but if you are a brand freak and want to go with comptech enjoy it they have nice products just dont let it brake....
Longest. Sentence. Ever.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:24 PM
kenstyle on 20's

only way i know that jr is making a sc and it will be out soon is someone thats high up at hondata, no names has a new tsx and he is the test car for the jrsc tsx and he is working on his own flash, so you know it will be right and it wont be much longer is what i was told 2 days ago when i talked to mike at jrsc when i ordered new injectors for my girls car , dvaid
Old 10-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Go turbo.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JTso
Go turbo.
doesnt everyone just love that pssshhhht sound i know i do ....all i know is i am mostly worried about tuning the car if i do go with FI just letting "YALL" know

Thanks,
Jason
Old 10-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered AssHat

only way i know that jr is making a sc and it will be out soon is someone thats high up at hondata, no names has a new tsx and he is the test car for the jrsc tsx and he is working on his own flash, so you know it will be right and it wont be much longer is what i was told 2 days ago when i talked to mike at jrsc when i ordered new injectors for my girls car , dvaid
Lay off the caffeine man.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Holla Back Youngin

psshhht sound? cant u put a blow off valve on a s/c as well...
Old 10-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Why?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Baka Unco

Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
Why?
To make the "psshhht " sound.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Senior Moderator

You can put a bov on a bicycle if you want to, but it doesn't do anything. Same thing for the SC. It's simply not the right application. The SC usually has a bypass valve instead.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

You can put a bov on a bicycle if you want to, but it doesn't do anything. Same thing for the SC. It's simply not the right application. The SC usually has a bypass valve instead.
depends what SC. you can add a BOV on a vortech centrifugal SC.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Senior Moderator

You mean turbo on a stick? In that case, yes you are correct.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:33 PM
kenstyle on 20's

if all u want a turbo for is that blow off sound, sounds like u need to buy a lil hatchback and put altezzas on it then get ur lil blow off sound,you go forced induction to make power not to hear a lil sound ,id rather have a vortech blower honestly they sound better then any blower on the market,but when i asked them about making one,they told me the engine bay did not have enough room for them to make one ,so we have to go roots style blower,stills makes a bad ass whine when u upgrade the boost,12 psi on my truck sounded nasty ,kind of like a mini jet lauching
Old 10-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

You mean turbo on a stick? In that case, yes you are correct.
yea, that's basically what it is. haha

it's funny that people want to buy turbos just for the sound, but they have no idea what they have to deal with once it is installed.

the vortech def puts out higher peak HP than the roots style blower, but just like a turbo, it has to spool, as opposed to the roots style which is pretty much instantaneous...

the centrifugal blower is def more suitable for drag applications, whereas the roots style will def help out autox'ers like xizor.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Burning Brakes

they all sound like poo-poo to me
Old 10-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Racer

lol i just like turbos in general i was just makin a comment about the bov i really dont like the pulleys since my frind with a JR supercharger in his teg had alot of problems with it i would rather have forced induction off of wasted fumes i think the sound is plus and i know all the stuff you have to deal with with a turbo.... me and friend work on gs-t on the side...either way SC or TC ur going to have to have some time to "play" with your ecu etc. also id have to say i am more bias towards turbo since more of my friends have them but each is to his own
Old 10-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Teh seX

SC's sound crazy .. sort of sound like a gigantic RC car winding up an electric drag motor..

but turbo's .. cant beat the sound of a BOV..
Old 10-02-2004, 01:39 AM
Stokeless

im going turbo just cuz i like the crazy high end power =)
Old 10-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Hey Stoke, are you flip-flopping like someone I know? Haha...
Old 10-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

how about two big bottles of NOS so you can be like the guy in the fast and the furious.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Stokeless

i dont do NOS...i am just gonna stay with the turbo...my car is running good now...so once hondata is done with the Kpro I should be ready to install it. muahahaha . My turbo manifold is complete and that was the hard part..ill be back to the states here soon so im gonna check it out...when i get home ill take pix and post them...
Old 10-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
i dont do NOS...i am just gonna stay with the turbo...my car is running good now...so once hondata is done with the Kpro I should be ready to install it. muahahaha . My turbo manifold is complete and that was the hard part..ill be back to the states here soon so im gonna check it out...when i get home ill take pix and post them...
don't forget the BOV so you can sound cool too, that's what's most important
Old 10-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Racer

hey stoke you have any pics of the manifold i was just wondering thanks

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing supercharger, myth or fact?