Installed progress real sway this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed progress real sway this afternoon

Man, I was waiting all this week for my new toy to come in. Thank you to xizor for the link to www.ptuning.com. Got it for 150 with free shipping. After all I read about the squeaky bushings on the compech I just decided to suck it up and go ahead and get the polyurethane on the progress.

Overall, it went pretty easy, the endlinks were a total bitch to get off. I should of just been smart and walked across the street and got some WD-40 but I chose to use a set of pliars to hold the screw while my roomie undid the bolts. I didn't wanna stop the work and have to put all my tools up. Also, taking the stupid OEM bar out around the exhaust was liking playing tetris. I got frustrated and unscrewed the plastic housing that coveres the rear tire well and it come out in a snap.

As for driving... oh man what a difference it makes. I was whipping around some turins at 30 and 40 like it was nothing. Then we stumbled across an unused road behind some warehouses that had two dead ends. So spent a couple minutes completely raping my stock tires. Talk about a rush! The bar definately gets rid of alot of the understeer but quickly makes you realize that the stock tires just down right suck. It's my next goal to burn them down so I can get me some nice new rubber. I just can't justify it when I still have good tires. Plus I wanna get in on some hondata this summer.

Any, I'm done gleaming over my new bar. It was absolutely worth the money.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:02 PM
2004 NBP/ebony AT

sounds good man, i havent heard a complaint about any swaybar yet but ill proabilly go with the progress sway to
Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where can I get polyurethane bushings for a CompTech rear sway bar?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by Wolfpack_TSX_22
Man, I was waiting all this week for my new toy to come in. Thank you to xizor for the link to www.ptuning.com.

you're welcome, and I
Old 04-12-2005, 02:03 AM
STi'd

Originally Posted by TSX 3Pedal
Where can I get polyurethane bushings for a CompTech rear sway bar?
energysuspension.com. I just received mine and plan to install this weekend.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gavinn58
energysuspension.com. I just received mine and plan to install this weekend.
Any particular part number or reference of which ones you ordered?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the ride ok over bumps? Would you say you can feel bumps more now? Or did the swaybar not change anything?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Race Director

yea i just installed my comptech rear sway, and handling is so much better, such great mods!
Old 04-28-2005, 02:21 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wolfpack_TSX_22
Man, I was waiting all this week for my new toy to come in. Thank you to xizor for the link to www.ptuning.com. Got it for 150 with free shipping. After all I read about the squeaky bushings on the compech I just decided to suck it up and go ahead and get the polyurethane on the progress.

Overall, it went pretty easy, the endlinks were a total bitch to get off. I should of just been smart and walked across the street and got some WD-40 but I chose to use a set of pliars to hold the screw while my roomie undid the bolts. I didn't wanna stop the work and have to put all my tools up. Also, taking the stupid OEM bar out around the exhaust was liking playing tetris. I got frustrated and unscrewed the plastic housing that coveres the rear tire well and it come out in a snap.

As for driving... oh man what a difference it makes. I was whipping around some turins at 30 and 40 like it was nothing. Then we stumbled across an unused road behind some warehouses that had two dead ends. So spent a couple minutes completely raping my stock tires. Talk about a rush! The bar definately gets rid of alot of the understeer but quickly makes you realize that the stock tires just down right suck. It's my next goal to burn them down so I can get me some nice new rubber. I just can't justify it when I still have good tires. Plus I wanna get in on some hondata this summer.

If you get the energy suspension polyurethane bushings like "gavvinn58" said. Be sure to get the "greaseable" and the black ones.

The greasable ones have a little zerk fitting on there so you can reach a grease gun in there and grease the bushings down. I have these on my 4runner and once someone with a grease gun greased them down, they were virtually silent. The black bushigns are better than the red because they are imbedded with a dry graphite lubrican't to further reduce squeeking. They can't imbed the graphite lube into the red bushigns because it will give it a nasty looking red/black color.

I bought mine at
www.summitracing.com
Old 04-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Drifting

Oh yea... i'm not sure if you have end link bushings or not on a TSX but if you do, get the polyurethane endlink bushings as well. Get the black ones. Those wont squeek.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which holes did you use for the end links?

I have a Progress rear sway here too, and I'll probably install it this weekend. We got ours from the same people. Xizor needs a commission check.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
looks like one more mod I have to get. Just waiting for either Spoon, Cusco, or HKS to make one.