Hondata or E-manage

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008 | 08:02 PM
eYe'N mAn

Arrow Hondata or E-manage

Hi guys,

I have an auto CL9 (accord euro) with topspeed headers, magnaflow cat and comptech icebox. NST pulleys on the way.
I am considering either hondata or e-manage as the next performance mod. Which do you guys recommend?
I couldnt find much info on the e-manage on any of the forums so just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge about this. As i understand, the e-manage is tuneable to the mods whereas the hondata is one size fits all.

Performance wise, im after more torque and performance particularly at lower rpms. Not expecting miracles but slight improvement i would be happy.

BTW anyone have hondata on auto. Are the gains noticeable on "D" mode or is it more noticeable and beneficial in tiptronic? (have searched, just after more opinions

Last edited by snYpz; 10-21-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2008 | 10:02 PM
WTF?

noticeable in D yes.. more noticeable in SS yes for the redline purpose.. youll notice more in the low mid.. the high is pretty close to same as what you got for more HP wise.. just in SS you get to go up to 7600 instead of 7200
am i happy with mine.. yes.. would i like Kpro more? F-ya who wouldnt?
will you beable to do anything with Emanage? probably not like the reflash.. sorry to burst your bubble =(
Old 10-21-2008 | 10:13 PM
eYe'N mAn

well as long as its noticeable in D as well then thats all good. thanks for the reply!
Old 10-21-2008 | 11:06 PM
eYe'N mAn

anymore opinions regarding which to choose?
hondata or e-manage? im clueless atm
Old 10-22-2008 | 09:13 AM
I Quit

correct me if I'm wrong anyone but I don't think that e-manage even works with out cars.... So your only real choice is hondata whether you like it or not.
Old 10-22-2008 | 11:59 AM
WTF?

ive heard that the emange ultimate would work but better off doing hondata... ive also heard of Haltech makes something for the TSX but no confirms on it. confirms on the euro-r though so thats something you could also look at.. not sure if you can find someone to tune it.. that would be the hard part

i guess the real question is how far you want to take your car.. dont expect high numbers yet though
Old 10-22-2008 | 03:25 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
ive heard that the emange ultimate would work but better off doing hondata... ive also heard of Haltech makes something for the TSX but no confirms on it. confirms on the euro-r though so thats something you could also look at.. not sure if you can find someone to tune it.. that would be the hard part

i guess the real question is how far you want to take your car.. dont expect high numbers yet though
lol @ this thread~ People heard this and that but can NEVER confirm.

There's NO tuning ECU or Piggyback that works well w/ TSX right now, nothing that is out-of-box at least. If you go full race then sure you can ditch the DBW TB and dump $20K to it and do whatever you like.

Things that work on Euro-R will NOT work on TSX because they are running K20A engine, not K24. They are running cable-throttle NOT DBW e-throttle.
Old 10-22-2008 | 08:36 PM
eYe'N mAn

Well actually, the only reason i am asking because i have know that there are two cars in Oz with the emanage. The gain on the auto was approx. 15-20hp atw and for the manual slightly more for peak power.

Havent seen the dyno so dunno how the power curve is like. The advantage of hondata, i think, is that the curve is flatter so better power across the entire band so not tuning for peak power. Correct me if im wrong, im fairly new to this....
With the haltech, i have heard mixed responses, some say that it works whereas others say that it wont
Old 10-22-2008 | 09:35 PM
eYe'N mAn

Originally Posted by snYpz
Well actually, the only reason i am asking because i have know that there are two cars in Oz with the emanage. The gain on the auto was approx. 15-20hp atw and for the manual slightly more for peak power.
The power isnt actually correct due to the dyno not being reliable. It is said to produce approximately 20-25hp on the auto CL9....argghh might as well go with the hondata which is a tested and proven product i guess.