HKS F-CON V Pro

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HKS F-CON V Pro

I was at South Bay Acura here in Torrance, CA today and they had the Dazz Turbo TSX sitting in their showroom next to a new yellow NSX...

But yeah in the Dazz TSX was a list of products used... Apparently the Dazz TSX uses the HKS F-CON V Pro standalone engine management system.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=1965

"The HKS F-CON V Pro is a fully featured standalone engine management system that connects as easily as a "piggy-back" fuel and timing controller. As modifications to a vehicle are made, the need for fuel and timing adjustments becomes critical for performance and safety."

"The F-CON V Pro can also read drive by wire vehicles."

Hmmm...

I wonder if anyone has tried to use it on a TSX with a turbo yet?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 PM
CL9 Tuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sure isn't cheap, so that doesn't really help. I'm glad however to see that the F-CON will work with DBW.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:49 AM
Instructor

I've read about this system and am working on possibly trying it. You have to have it tuned by a HKS Pro dealer so the shop I tune for is looking into becoming a dealer. They have a 350Z running the F Con Pro now and need a way to tune it in the future without going to Texas.

If anyone has experience with this please post up.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 04_K24TSX
It sure isn't cheap, so that doesn't really help. I'm glad however to see that the F-CON will work with DBW.

Is it that much more exspensive than a K-Pro would be?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 AM
iVTEC no koe

The RSX reflash and K-Pro is around $970, the F-Con V Pro around $1250. Looks like you might need a (wiring?) harness for the F-Con as well, around 250-500, so it doesn't look cheap.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Instructor

There is mention of $995 on the Hondata website but it alludes to needing a harness as well. This is for the '05 RSX converting back to '04 but who knows what else the TSX might need.

Taken from hondata.com

" * $500 - Upgrade cost for existing Hondata reflash (ECU must be sent to Hondata or authorized installer).
* $995 - Retail price (ECU must be sent to Hondata or authorized installer).
* $1595 - K-Pro with new Honda PRB ECU based off US RSX-S
* $1145 - K-Pro for 2005 RSX includes adapter harness."

Considering the HKS comes with it's own brand new ECU system the prices are quite comparable. The Upgrade route makes the K-Pro $1095 without a harness . . .
Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Asahi
You have to have it tuned by a HKS Pro dealer
There isn't ONE dealer in Massachusetts. WTF? I can't wait to be back in SOCAL.

The cost really wouldn't be a concern to me, but the convenience of having to haul my ass to Connecticut just to get a tune pretty much rules it out as an option.

I wonder if it requires special equipment to access the flash RAM or something. Also, given that it would work for our cars in a viable sense, why hasn't it received more attention here?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Is the F-Con OBD2 compliant? Ever thought about what you have to go through during emission test if it's not?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I would prefer a K-Pro application for the TSX, but its nice to know what options are available. I trust Hondata and I love their reflash.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
When you go stand-alone, you are removing the factory ecu....

Does the speedo in the DAZZ TSX work? Whatabout stability control? ECus nowadays are so integrated replacing them with a standalone is not going to replace all the functions of the factory unit.

I would have a kit already running right now making peak numbers, but I just don't want a half-assed kit out there.

10 of you might by a turbo kit. But only 5 of you might if it deleted half the functions of your factory ecu. Only 2-3 might if it was at best, a buggy system.

Keep in mind too, standalones are tougher to deal with.

The whole premise behind hondata is that it reatins the oem ecu and all of it's functions. In a racecar it might not be as important. But in the real DD world, you are constantly putting inconsistant gas, changing altitudes, driving slow and fast under uncountable part-throttle situations, risking overheat less......a standalone racecar map is not designed the same way as this. Trust me. Going standalone is not going to make you guys happy......you will all be going fast, and within 4-6 months you will be parting out and selling the car.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
When you go stand-alone, you are removing the factory ecu....

Does the speedo in the DAZZ TSX work? Whatabout stability control? ECus nowadays are so integrated replacing them with a standalone is not going to replace all the functions of the factory unit.

I would have a kit already running right now making peak numbers, but I just don't want a half-assed kit out there.

10 of you might by a turbo kit. But only 5 of you might if it deleted half the functions of your factory ecu. Only 2-3 might if it was at best, a buggy system.

Keep in mind too, standalones are tougher to deal with.

The whole premise behind hondata is that it reatins the oem ecu and all of it's functions. In a racecar it might not be as important. But in the real DD world, you are constantly putting inconsistant gas, changing altitudes, driving slow and fast under uncountable part-throttle situations, risking overheat less......a standalone racecar map is not designed the same way as this. Trust me. Going standalone is not going to make you guys happy......you will all be going fast, and within 4-6 months you will be parting out and selling the car.

This is a an extreme genralization. I don't disagree standalones are more difficult but the degree depends on the unit itself and without hands on experience none of us can really talk.

Hondata is certainly the best option for today;s TSX but without there being a Hondata Kro or even 05 reflash available there really isn't a product to discuss.

There is no reason that the HKS can be tuned easily for the street and run reliably. There are valid questions out there like
1) Is it OBD2 Compliant
2) Do we lose functionality (Stability control, guages).

There is no more reaosn to assume we will have issues than to assume we won't until someone tries it ro the manufacturer answers the questions.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Asahi
This is a an extreme genralization. I don't disagree standalones are more difficult but the degree depends on the unit itself and without hands on experience none of us can really talk.

Hondata is certainly the best option for today;s TSX but without there being a Hondata Kro or even 05 reflash available there really isn't a product to discuss.

There is no reason that the HKS can be tuned easily for the street and run reliably. There are valid questions out there like
1) Is it OBD2 Compliant
2) Do we lose functionality (Stability control, guages).

There is no more reaosn to assume we will have issues than to assume we won't until someone tries it ro the manufacturer answers the questions.

I am not trying to say standalones are bad, but trying to run newer more complex cars on them means dealing with sacrifices.

I have no boubt that the car can be made to run good....that is simply a side issue. But the fact that there are so many vaiables involved now-a-days makes it that much more difficult and costly to get it right.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Stokeless

i just wanna know will my navi,ac,cruise control, speedo and tach still work???