HI! I just got a new 06TSX, so many mods so little time....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI! I just got a new 06TSX, so many mods so little time....

So I just got a new TSX with navi.

Accessories I'd like to get immediately include:
- A IPOD jack like the music link that makes the song title show up on the navi screen. (Who makes the best one that is easy to install?)

- The rubber mat that goes on your trunk bed...do I have to buy this from Acura direct or is there better ones out there on ebay or what not?

- Snow tires, who makes the best?

- Wheel locks?

- Rubber floor mats does anyone make a nice floor mat that maybe says Acura? Has to handle lots of snow....

- Underbody spoilers...I'm assuming I have to get these from the factory since they will have to install them...i'm kinda unsure whether I want to get them though since they will eventually be the first thing to rust (near the drill site).

From there I'm going to move onto speakers and then possibly upgrading the power slightly of the engine. Is there anything I may have missed that is an interesting accessory or modifcation besides new hubs and wheels...

I don't really want to do anything that is crazy hard to install.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Tormented by mod choices

Congrats!

I'm surprised the wheel locks/trunk tray were not included with your car. I'd suggest the OEM Acura all-weather mats -- they are thick, sturdy, and even have a lip to catch melting snow.

As a first mod, I highly recommend the Progress Rear Sway Bar. Check out ptuning.com.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Chris

Does anyone have a picture of what that sway bar looks like installed? I don't plan on rolling the car, so what does it do for me?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:38 AM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by csj0952
Does anyone have a picture of what that sway bar looks like installed? I don't plan on rolling the car, so what does it do for me?
great improvement in handling. most people who got this mod are satisfied with it
Old 12-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice list of mods....very affordable too. Wish I weren't so into modding..
Old 12-05-2006, 08:41 AM
無限 本田 CL9

the oem all season mats are what you are looking for
Old 12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by csj0952
So I just got a new TSX with navi.

Accessories I'd like to get immediately include:
- A IPOD jack like the music link that makes the song title show up on the navi screen. (Who makes the best one that is easy to install?)

- The rubber mat that goes on your trunk bed...do I have to buy this from Acura direct or is there better ones out there on ebay or what not?

- Snow tires, who makes the best?

- Wheel locks?

- Rubber floor mats does anyone make a nice floor mat that maybe says Acura? Has to handle lots of snow....

- Underbody spoilers...I'm assuming I have to get these from the factory since they will have to install them...i'm kinda unsure whether I want to get them though since they will eventually be the first thing to rust (near the drill site).

From there I'm going to move onto speakers and then possibly upgrading the power slightly of the engine. Is there anything I may have missed that is an interesting accessory or modifcation besides new hubs and wheels...

I don't really want to do anything that is crazy hard to install.

Thanks,
Chris
For the trunk tray try the Acura dealerships on e-bay. I believe Acura of Escondido sells it. Same with wheel locks although you don't necessarily need to buy these from a dealership.

Lots of information on speaker replacements in our Audio & Video section. You could go for a speaker set designed for the tsx and sold by one of our vendors (Avincar) or with a good aftermarket brand of your choice.

Power upgrades:
- Hondata reflash ($595) best bang for buck
- remove resonator (and replace intake) $160-$250
- Replace header ($200 - $600 depending on brand)
- get lighter rims/tires

Handling upgrades:
- upgrade rear sway bar ($115 and up)
- upgrade tires
- upgrade brake pads (Hawk?)

Skim the Parts & Performance subforum and get used to the search function. It will bring you LOTS of information.