Good shop to install fog lights in GTA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good shop to install fog lights in GTA?

I recently purchased a JDM fog light kit from eBay. It comes with a dash switch and I plan to install it separately from the factory's lights so that I can turn on my fog lights whenever I like to.

My questions are:
1) Is there anything negative if I have such installation? Would it be better if I hook it with the headlights so that I can only turn fog lights on/off while headlights are on?

2) Do you know any good shop in the GTA's (preferrably on the West end) which does this service?

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by lamster
I recently purchased a JDM fog light kit from eBay. It comes with a dash switch and I plan to install it separately from the factory's lights so that I can turn on my fog lights whenever I like to.

My questions are:
1) Is there anything negative if I have such installation? Would it be better if I hook it with the headlights so that I can only turn fog lights on/off while headlights are on?

2) Do you know any good shop in the GTA's (preferrably on the West end) which does this service?

Thanks!
1) With the JDM foggies, you can turn them on and off whenever you like because it's a separate switch. Which means you have to run the wires directly through the firewall and into the car. The USDM ones replaces the light stalk with another stalk and is connected through the fuse box in the engine. It can only be turned on when the headlights are on. The JDM fogglight wires will all needed to be extended to fit the TSX.

2) It's a DIY job. Save some cash.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by narci
1) With the JDM foggies, you can turn them on and off whenever you like because it's a separate switch. Which means you have to run the wires directly through the firewall and into the car. The USDM ones replaces the light stalk with another stalk and is connected through the fuse box in the engine. It can only be turned on when the headlights are on. The JDM fogglight wires will all needed to be extended to fit the TSX.

2) It's a DIY job. Save some cash.
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I was thinking of installing them myself as well. It's just I've never done this before so I'm afraid that they won't look as good. I just called Tint King and they said it would cost around $75 - $100 to install. Does that sound like a fair price?

If you don't mind, can you give me some quick instructions on how to do it myself?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:32 PM
Banned

This kit needs some wires to be extended a bit as some are too short. SO if ur able to solder/extend wires then its pretty much a DIY project.

I dont have the time and want to save the hassle of doing that so im getting a shop to do it. Unfortunately its in the east end, some other member from another tsx forum recommendedas they did his there. Should be a $50-80 job .

CHeck ur PM...