Going Custom Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going Custom Turbo!

If no turbo kit comes out for our TSX this year by July, im going custome! I believe i have the engine management that works with DBW now..so everything else should be cake.. I'll try to get enough info on what hardware they used for the DAZZ TSX like intercooler and size of the turbo and things like, then take it from there. Im trying to work with atleast 275WHP on stock internals.. There is this place near me called "TurboTrixRacing" ..they were in sport compact car i believe..or maybe another tuner mag..but they made the fastest EVO on the East Coast.. i dont know if you guys remember that issue? They usually deal with alot of EVO's/Eclipse GT's and GTS's/Tilons..saw a few Supra's and WRX's.. So if nothing is here then thats the route im taking!..
Old 01-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.comptechusa.com/store/product443.html

Did you know that Comptech just came out with this SC kit for your car? I also was dreaming of Turbo for my TSX, but I bought an AT TSX because it also has to be a daily driver and I live in the NYC metro area. I wasn't ready to give up AT since I spend so much time in Bumper to bumper traffic. I don't think there are a lot of AT turbo cars out there since Chrysler in the 80's carslike the LeBaron TC. Aftermarket tuners probably won't develop a turbo kit for cars with AT either because there is no demand for it. Serious tuner cars will have Manual transmissions.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
What engine management do you have?
Old 01-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
Yeah, I'm curious too.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by Dashersonic

Did you know that Comptech just came out with this SC kit for your car? I also was dreaming of Turbo for my TSX, but I bought an AT TSX because it also has to be a daily driver and I live in the NYC metro area. I wasn't ready to give up AT since I spend so much time in Bumper to bumper traffic. I don't think there are a lot of AT turbo cars out there since Chrysler in the 80's carslike the LeBaron TC. Aftermarket tuners probably won't develop a turbo kit for cars with AT either because there is no demand for it. Serious tuner cars will have Manual transmissions.
The Comptech Supercharger is definitely coming out for the 5AT also.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Special-K

I dont have it as of yet..but what i will be using once its released. Its the Hydra Engine Management System Nemesis. It says it works with i-vtech/closed loop i-Vtec by Degrees..plus DBW. Someone posted this here once i believe..but here is their site.

Hydra Engine Managment System Nemesis
Old 01-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by Dashersonic

Not really a fan of Superchargers..
Old 01-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the info on the EMS. I might be going the custom turbo kit route as well.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Drives With Hands

Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
I dont have it as of yet..but what i will be using once its released. Its the Hydra Engine Management System Nemesis. It says it works with i-vtech/closed loop i-Vtec by Degrees..plus DBW. Someone posted this here once i believe..but here is their site.

Hydra Engine Managment System Nemesis
Is this for a track car or a daily driver? The Hydra EMS is not OBD2 compliant, so you're not going to be able to pass inspection with it.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by rmpage
Is this for a track car or a daily driver? The Hydra EMS is not OBD2 compliant, so you're not going to be able to pass inspection with it.
Its Plug and Play but there are always ways to get around inspection!..Just dont go to Motor Vehicles! But are you sure about it not being OBD2 compliant??
Old 01-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Drives With Hands

Actually I'm not so sure about that anymore. I recalled reading it somewhere a little while ago but can't track down the source now. I'll let you know if I can but for now just forget I said that. :o

Edit: There is still a question of how well it will run our instrument cluster, VSA, climate control, etc. Also whether or not it will come with basic maps to get up and running or not. If you can find any of this out that would rule.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Senior Moderator

I just got off the phone with Hyddra EMS and it's not OBD2 compliant. They suggest reconnecting the factory ECU for emission inspection, but how do you run a FI setup, especially with larger injectors with the factory ECU? The car will probably trigger a CEL in minutes.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:45 PM
ABP TSX

I just got off the phone with Hyddra EMS and it's not OBD2 compliant. They suggest reconnecting the factory ECU for emission inspection, but how do you run a FI setup, especially with larger injectors with the factory ECU? The car will probably trigger a CEL in minutes.
That does not sound like a viable solution IMO. What a whip.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by gsclifton
That does not sound like a viable solution IMO. What a whip.
That's too bad.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Pro

When you refer to vehicle inspection is that a CA thingy? Cuz i've never had to take my car in for inspection?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

^ every car in the US has to go thru inspection, here in NJ its every4-5 yrs
Old 01-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Pro

I guess i've never own a car more than 4-5 years that's why.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
^ every car in the US has to go thru inspection, here in NJ its every4-5 yrs
I think they changed it to every year now..i just got my car inspected last year..and im due this year.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

I think they changed it to every year now..i just got my car inspected last year..and im due this year.
Damn...that's too bad they are going to change it. If it was every 4-5 yrs, it wouldn't be as bad. I would still consider getting the ECU then.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Special-K

Yea..this is what i got from my email to them..

Is the New Hydra Nemesis 2.1 OBD2 compliant...Would this system pass inspection? Thanks for all and any help.
The Reply:

Sorry they are not OBD2 compliant, that is why they are designed as PNP so you can always go back to factory ecu for smog.
We dont have Smog test in NJ..i might be able to get by??
But if i didnt pass inspection at motor vehicles, i'll just go to a private inspection station..someone will pass me
Old 01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Damn...that's too bad they are going to change it. If it was every 4-5 yrs, it wouldn't be as bad. I would still consider getting the ECU then.
I think the inspection for new cars doesn't happen after the first 4-5 years, then it's every other year thereafter (at least in WA). In Wa, there is no smog test - tailpipe sniffer for post 1996 cars (OBD2). Instead, they connect a tester to the DTC port from under the driver dash to retrieve codes.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Special-K

I think the inspection for new cars doesn't happen after the first 4-5 years, then it's every other year thereafter (at least in WA). In Wa, there is no smog test - tailpipe sniffer for post 1996 cars (OBD2). Instead, they connect a tester to the DTC port from under the driver dash to retrieve codes.
Well..i know i just had mine inspected last year in May i believe..and im due this year.. I dont know.. I bought my car brand new also
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Drives With Hands

The other question is, will the gauges and everything else still work? I'm assuming so, if they make and sell this for the TSX, but I would still want to be sure.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by rmpage
The other question is, will the gauges and everything else still work? I'm assuming so, if they make and sell this for the TSX, but I would still want to be sure.
Im pretty sure it will..reason why it didnt for the K-Pro was because they took out the DBW.. with the Nemesis..the DBW stays put.. so i wouldnt bet on it
Old 01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Im pretty sure it will..reason why it didnt for the K-Pro was because they took out the DBW.. with the Nemesis..the DBW stays put.. so i wouldnt bet on it
Kinda yes, kinda no. The real reason is that the ECU used was for the RSX, so there were differences in how the gauges functioned.