First-time Acura owner/Modification help

Old 09-22-2009, 12:03 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First-time Acura owner/Modification help

New to posting, New to Acurazine, and just bought my first car that is less than 10 years old. 2005 Acura TSX.

Would like to add performance mods. Is there a recommended process on where to start? Which parts and in which order should a novice work on these modifications. I have been reading some of the threads in here and I think I can do alot of these myself. Just dont know where to start.

Would like to make sure I get the right parts for this car.
If this is the wrong forum please direct to right location.

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to going fast!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Modding newbie

If you're going to do it yourself, and don't want FI, I'd start with a RSB, I/H/E, lightweight/underdriven pulleys, coilovers, lightweight wheels and better tires, then a reflash which you can't really do yourself.
Everyone will probably recomment something different. There's no real how-to guide on how to modify your vehicle. Any that you find are 100% oppinion.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Site Lurker, Rare poster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Itchytoe
If you're going to do it yourself, and don't want FI, I'd start with a RSB, I/H/E, lightweight/underdriven pulleys, coilovers, lightweight wheels and better tires, then a reflash which you can't really do yourself.
Everyone will probably recomment something different. There's no real how-to guide on how to modify your vehicle. Any that you find are 100% opinion.
Pretty much. It's overall what you want out of the car. Performance? Looks? Both? He has a good list on there to go with. Also depends on the amount of money you have to spend and what you use the car for etc. (like DD or family car then you wouldn't want a loud exhaust usually since the wife/kids will complain lol) Might I add tint and lipkit as well as iPod connector (iSimple, Dice & more) if you're really into music like me

04-05 have the same parts so those are interchangeable jic you didn't know. Don't buy something for the 06-08 like lipkits as they won't fit without the proper year's bumper etc. Also if you plan to DIY and aren't too familiar with cars I'd ask for help before really attempting something involved. Alot of things are pretty simple to DIY and just need some caution and common sense depending what you're trying to do. You can always ask and ppl will be glad to help you but search first bc 9.9 times out of 10 the topic is pretty well covered and explained. Welcome!

Last edited by sortudo7; 09-22-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:44 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks.

Thanks for the info! Time to research and get to work.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 AM
gistered User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I Aspec'd the suspension first on my '05--although that will be my next (Bilstein B12 suspension kit, available from Bilstein, Germany) and final upgrade. You can think of upgrades in stages: intake/exhaust (CAI, P2R spacer, header, free-flowing CAT, cat-back exhaust (love the sound)), engine management (Hondata reflash), pulleys, suspension (upgrade/replacement, rear sway bar, front strut-tower bar), wheels and tire, and aero kits/wings or parts there of. As you mod, you will feel each improvement to the car. Very satisfying--and the individuals on this forum; can't be beat!