On the fence as to which brake package to...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the fence as to which brake package to...

So I am on the fence about getting some new brakes and rotors, I see XLR8 and Heel to Toe sells upgrades to our not so great rotors. Here is the thing, I am on the fence of which package i should buy. With Heel Toe i was looking at THIS and with XLR8 i was looking at BRAKEPACKAGE-0408TSX with the added stainless steel lines.

The package from Heel Toe seems like a better buy because it comes with fluid to replace the old fluid. So the question i have is Who has either setup and do you guys wish you tried the "other" brand instead.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
I have the Heeltoe kit and it's a very good kit but I think I would have been fine just slapping on upgraded pads first. I suspect I would have been satisfied with that level of performance.

How much of an upgrade are you looking for? I think Heeltoes assessments are pretty accurate and in my case I just don't get enough opportunities to drive in a spirited manner as the kit suggests.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my front rotors are warped, and the dealer suggest i turn it, But the cost is just as much as the kit from heel toe. So I am contemplating purchasing the stage 1 kit with the front rotor option.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
In that case you may want to look at the rotors from Brakemotive as they're dirt cheap (about $150 for front pads and rotors) and a lot members have been happy with them (the other TSX forums just had a long thread about it)

I think you can find them on eBay and while they may not be as good as the Heeltoe kit they may do the job just fine for you.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by sylthecru
So I am on the fence about getting some new brakes and rotors, I see XLR8 and Heel to Toe sells upgrades to our not so great rotors. Here is the thing, I am on the fence of which package i should buy. With Heel Toe i was looking at THIS and with XLR8 i was looking at BRAKEPACKAGE-0408TSX with the added stainless steel lines.

The package from Heel Toe seems like a better buy because it comes with fluid to replace the old fluid. So the question i have is Who has either setup and do you guys wish you tried the "other" brand instead.
Our brake packages includes Powerslot slotted rotors, at least the package you have linked above. The front rotors have a curved vane and power alloy composition, which is far superior to many of the discs on the market.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by sylthecru

I would recommend drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads! I have Brakemotive Kinetic brand rotors with Powerstop Z16 Evolution ceramic pads available. Check out the sale thread in my signature for pricing! Let me know if you have any questions!