DC Header's owner, Please come in~!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:16 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DC Header's owner, Please come in~!

Hey all~

I figure out that Comptech is a little pricy for me to afford it now, so I've decided to go wtih DC Sport Header (still not confirm yet but pretty sure) since it have reasonable perofrmance gain compare to the Comptech. However, the quality issue does concern me.

I've read alot of DC Sport Header thread under "Search", but since I'm not too smart, I would like to hear some suggestion just for me. I'm not going to install the DC Header myself, I will bring it to a shop to do it for me. WHAT CAN I DO to make the DC header not to crack?? It seems that the pipe is a little short and the problem happens at the flex pipe the most?? WHAT SHOULD I TELL my mechnical to work on a non-crack DC Header to avoid cracking before installing it???

Need some help~
THX
Old 01-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Future TSX owner?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have him reweld it
Old 01-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Read this thread man:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...8&page=2&pp=25

Let me know if you have any questions. I got mine tack welded before install. I talked about it in that thread.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:48 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Hey Tsx536~

Thx 4 the quick reply. Well, I read that thread a couple of time already but I decide to read it AGAIN~!! Got some questions for you if you don't mind~

1. It seems like you have 2 set of DC Header? Or both set are the old version?
2. In your thread, you mentioned you did 6 tack welded with picture posted. Up till now, is that part still strong or you need to fix it in a period of time?
3. Is this the only problem we have? I heard the flexpipe is shorter than it should or something?
4. I'm planning to get the DC Header off from a member on the forum. He claims he used it less than 3 months, so I guess it's the newer version? But did the newer version REALLY fixed the problem or I should still tack welded that spot??

THX 4 answering my long question~
Old 01-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just have em tack weld around the connector...i have (i believe) the old version and i got it tacked before i installed it and 6 months later no problems at all...knock on wood...i think the problems are magnified on here because no one really talks about if the product is doing its job they only talk about if its not....so in the end just to be sure get it tacked and enjoy the extra power
Old 01-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chuson
Hey Tsx536~

Thx 4 the quick reply. Well, I read that thread a couple of time already but I decide to read it AGAIN~!! Got some questions for you if you don't mind~

1. It seems like you have 2 set of DC Header? Or both set are the old version?
2. In your thread, you mentioned you did 6 tack welded with picture posted. Up till now, is that part still strong or you need to fix it in a period of time?
3. Is this the only problem we have? I heard the flexpipe is shorter than it should or something?
4. I'm planning to get the DC Header off from a member on the forum. He claims he used it less than 3 months, so I guess it's the newer version? But did the newer version REALLY fixed the problem or I should still tack welded that spot??

THX 4 answering my long question~
1. I only have 1 header, and it is the older version.
2. I have not had to fix it. It has held up so far.
3. Yeah that's the only problem that I have heard complaints about. The flexpipe is shorter than it should be, and this is why people have had problems with it.
4. It is probably the fixed version, but I heard people with even the fixed version. I would recommend getting it welded regardless of which version that you have.

I know you said that Comptech costs too much to you, but you should still consider getting it. That way you will have no doubts about the header. If you still think it's too much the DC is a good compromise as long as you get the tack welds first. Good luck man.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Comptech header is not immune from the same problem either... probably not as widespread as the DC. The Comptech might be a safer bet.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27868
Old 01-15-2006, 12:08 AM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

So I guess as long as I ask the mechnical to tack weld it then it should be fine~!!
THX alot for ALL ya help~ Luv this forum~
Old 01-15-2006, 04:28 AM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

I'm just thinking, if I go further, or I mean greedier, what if I ask my mechnical to weld a whole circle instead of just tack weld, will it be better??

Does anyone have the new or "fixed" version of DC Header picture? Just want to take a look the differences
THX
Old 01-16-2006, 01:46 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Anyone who got the "Fixed" version of DC Headers, would you mind to post a picture or at least the manufacture date?
THX