DBW with K-Pro Update!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
I don't know what's going on with this, but it seems the 7th gen accord forums have a guy with a k24a4 5at accord to use an Kpro'd RSX ECU through a harness. Apparently its not anything weird, or convoluted; its very possible. Seems he (cstyleaccord) has 600+ hp going through some sort of FI+kpro.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
600hp?! What does he have a bigger turbo than his motor?
Old 02-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but of course its not gonna be available for 08s right?
Old 02-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Is waiting in

thats crazy.. i wonder how a 5mt would perform in our car..
Old 02-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im actually buying an 04 rsx-s ecu with k-pro next week! I've been busy and havent had anytime to mod or look for mods until now. I was gonna try and see if Marcus from heeltoeauto.com could get that harness from hytech but Marcus told me to get ahold of them myself... So thru email i've been going back and forth with John from Hytech. At first i was discouraged because he told me that inorder for the harness to work i would have to disable DBW and get a cable throttle body!.. But from the write up Marcus made about that harness it never said anything about having to use a cable throttle body. So John told me he would find out more info and he did. Wrote me back and said that the only thing that wont work is cruise control.. and that everything else is a go, meaning AC/guages/DBW/etc. He told me that its gonna take 6 weeks or so because they have to test it out when they have it ready to make sure there isn't any bugs. He said from what he knows, only the cruise control will not work and that he'll keep me informed as to when they will have a working prototype.

NOW!.. hopefully it doesnt take that much longer than 6 weeks.. im in no crazy rush but i want to test it out. Im gonna have to send my ecu back to hondata so they can flash it back to stock or buy one from one of you guys!?...
Old 02-02-2008, 07:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
For the setup you're talking about, why would it matter what program was in the TSX ECU?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Professional Newbie

Glad to see this project is finally coming along. Looking forward to an update in hopefully 6 weeks or less
Old 02-02-2008, 09:53 AM
East Coast Crew

Trade ECU? =]
Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by feuss2
bump!

what parts do you have now???
Why are you interested anyway? Don't you already have ~270hp from Hondata+K&N intake+heatshield gasket?

Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by visuelz
Trade ECU? =]
do you have a 6speed 04 ecu? i'll trade just let me know
Old 02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Special-K

For the setup you're talking about, why would it matter what program was in the TSX ECU?
Is this a trick question?.. Well first off if anyone is planning on doing cams/pistons/race header/etc. then you'll need some type of engine management. Im not actually gonna go all out right now because its very expenisve. So what i am gonna do right now is 06 TSX cams/rsx 50 degree vtc gear/rbc intake manifold/hytech header and maybe cat/k-pro with harness and rsx ecu/port the head (and installing springs and retainers) and hone the block and a mild 3 angle valve job. Should make nice gains with this set up and all thats left to do is mainly build the block. I have to take steps.. Cant make all this complete without engine management though.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by DAYTA
Why are you interested anyway? Don't you already have ~270hp from Hondata+K&N intake+heatshield gasket?

Good memory!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=398

Its probably more considering these new mods:

Resonator removal:

Vented the horsepower-robbing fog light covers:

Old 02-02-2008, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by PrecyseStylez
Is this a trick question?.. Well first off if anyone is planning on doing cams/pistons/race header/etc. then you'll need some type of engine management. Im not actually gonna go all out right now because its very expenisve. So what i am gonna do right now is 06 TSX cams/rsx 50 degree vtc gear/rbc intake manifold/hytech header and maybe cat/k-pro with harness and rsx ecu/port the head (and installing springs and retainers) and hone the block and a mild 3 angle valve job. Should make nice gains with this set up and all thats left to do is mainly build the block. I have to take steps.. Cant make all this complete without engine management though.
Not a trick question... If the TSX ECU is just running accessories and the RSX K-Pro ECU is doing the engine management then why would it make a difference which maps are in the TSX ECU? The TSX ECU with the Hondata program runs all the guagues, VSA, etc... Why would you put it back to stock?

I would think your local dealer could put your ECU back to stock if you really wanted that. The Hondata paperwork tells you its your responsibility to make sure their program isn't overwritten...

Hondata's tuning the TSX article also mentions the risk of valve/piston contact with the 50 degree VTC... Hytech sells one that's 45.

Are you doing any of this work yourself or do you have a shop in mind?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:16 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Not a trick question... If the TSX ECU is just running accessories and the RSX K-Pro ECU is doing the engine management then why would it make a difference which maps are in the TSX ECU? The TSX ECU with the Hondata program runs all the guagues, VSA, etc... Why would you put it back to stock?

I would think your local dealer could put your ECU back to stock if you really wanted that. The Hondata paperwork tells you its your responsibility to make sure their program isn't overwritten...

Hondata's tuning the TSX article also mentions the risk of valve/piston contact with the 50 degree VTC... Hytech sells one that's 45.

Are you doing any of this work yourself or do you have a shop in mind?
lol

Basically, he needs a regular TSX ECU, pair with a RSX ECU in order to run the K-Pro properly. Since he no longer need the reflashes, he would just like to replace with a non-flash ECU for this purpose. It is NOT cost efficient to run both K-Pro and Hondata Reflash ECU @ the same time, he would trade it for more $$$.

As for the valve/piston contact, it is not an issues once they all swap to aftermarket parts.

For PrecyseStyles, why don't you just take our your TSX VTC and adjust it?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:18 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Good memory!

Resonator removal:

Vented the horsepower-robbing fog light covers:

WTF~! 270hp by doing that??? lol I wanna see the original thread... what's all these about????
Old 02-02-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by chuson
lol

Basically, he needs a regular TSX ECU, pair with a RSX ECU in order to run the K-Pro properly. Since he no longer need the reflashes, he would just like to replace with a non-flash ECU for this purpose. It is NOT cost efficient to run both K-Pro and Hondata Reflash ECU @ the same time, he would trade it for more $$$.

As for the valve/piston contact, it is not an issues once they all swap to aftermarket parts.

For PrecyseStyles, why don't you just take our your TSX VTC and adjust it?
How many reflashes and issues are you referring to???
Old 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

How many reflashes and issues are you referring to???
PrecyseStyles originally has Hondata Reflash, now he wants Hondata K-Pro.

Reflash is a off-the-shelf tuned engine management that Hondata provide, it's not programmable, and it's written on the TSX ECU.

K-Pro is a self-tunable enginer management, which is utilizes all your components further than Reflash, hence better tune/gain over Reflash.

In order for PrecyseStyles to use K-Pro, he needs TSX & RSX ECU to get it to work. The RSX ECU will handle the engine management part, and pair with the K-Pro; where the TSX ECU will take care of the non-engine related part. Since his TSX ECU will no longer be handling the engine, his reflash is useless. Therefore, he's asking for a trade w/ member who has a 04 6MT non-flash ECU, that way he can get some $$$ back.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Good memory!

Resonator removal:
Sorry, I should've put my response in red text because it was meant to be sarcastic.

I was calling your bullshit of having 270hp from mods that would yield maybe 25hp at most. I can't believe you're still trying to play it off like you're telling the truth!!!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Burning Brakes

WTF~! 270hp by doing that??? lol I wanna see the original thread... what's all these about????
Don't worry, he's completely full of shit. There's a reason why he only posted a single reply from the thread...because everyone else called his BS. Also, if you look at his graph, someone pointed out that it was made on MS Paint .

He posted this crap in the "TSX Dynos" thread at the top of this section:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...&page=16&pp=25

Check out the bottom of pg 16 to see it all unfold......
Old 02-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Don't worry, he's completely full of shit. There's a reason why he only posted a single reply from the thread...because everyone else called his BS. Also, if you look at his graph, someone pointed out that it was made on MS Paint .

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...&page=16&pp=25

Check out the bottom of pg 16 to see it all unfold......
It was a joke!!!!! Just like this:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...94&postcount=5

Please calm down!!!! Let's not jack the thread with this nonsense...

Its about DBW w/ KPro. One question, if you going to stay N/A would it make sense to see if Hondata will make a custom flash for the 45~50 degree VTC, etc? Maybe could start with the 06+ map as a base?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Its about DBW w/ KPro. One question, if you going to stay N/A would it make sense to see if Hondata will make a custom flash for the 45~50 degree VTC, etc? Maybe could start with the 06+ map as a base?

Dude, how were we supposed to know that??? The post you linked wasn't in red text before, so we couldn't tell that you were trying to make a joke! Sorry about calling you out, but I definitely thought you were being serious. You never responded otherwise. Please use red text next time you're being facetious .

Back on topic, the whole problem with the reflash is that it's a static mapping. That's the reason why we want K-Pro - so that you can customize the fuel mapping/engine management. In other words, you modify/build the engine, put it on the dyno, and adjust the settings accordingly.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Special-K

Ok, well its been since 04 that the TSX has been out.. so im not gonna wait another year for hondata to come up with something. This harness isnt even coming from hondata! They gave up on the TSX it seems.. well not to say the TSX but the DBW system. Another reason why there isnt any k-pro support for the new Civic Si's. Im not gonna use the entire 50 degrees.. with K-Pro you can adjust the degree accordingly. And then again im not raising the rev limiter untill i build the block so i'll continue to keep it at 7600 maybe even 7800..haha. Having the VTC set a 50 degrees wont hurt the car unless i over rev/miss shift but like i said, its gonna be set lower than 50 degrees. So since I'll have engine management there's no need to tamper with the TSX VTC, plus i got the RSX VTC for dirt cheap.. so why bother? Maybe when i take out the TSX VTC i'll have them mech it to 45 degrees and sell it to one of you guys?
Old 02-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Advanced

I have an 07 tsx. Planning on running hitec header mandrel bent piping, and an RBC mani. With Intake. How much would it cost to have a custom k pro setup?

Its been awhile since I've tuned a car. Could we possibly run EMS? I'd consider it.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:02 AM
where is my garage?!

Ok, well its been since 04 that the TSX has been out.. so im not gonna wait another year for hondata to come up with something. This harness isnt even coming from hondata! They gave up on the TSX it seems.. well not to say the TSX but the DBW system. Another reason why there isnt any k-pro support for the new Civic Si's. Im not gonna use the entire 50 degrees.. with K-Pro you can adjust the degree accordingly. And then again im not raising the rev limiter untill i build the block so i'll continue to keep it at 7600 maybe even 7800..haha. Having the VTC set a 50 degrees wont hurt the car unless i over rev/miss shift but like i said, its gonna be set lower than 50 degrees. So since I'll have engine management there's no need to tamper with the TSX VTC, plus i got the RSX VTC for dirt cheap.. so why bother? Maybe when i take out the TSX VTC i'll have them mech it to 45 degrees and sell it to one of you guys?

there was a short blurb on a k-series.com article talking about how hondata is working on the latest Si's and may have something in 6 months. whether it's k-pro or simply a reflash, it doesn't really specify. but i'd imagine cracking the newest civic would take priority over anything else given its popularity and large userbase. hopefully if this yields results, it'll benefit other hondas/acuras.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Special-K

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
there was a short blurb on a k-series.com article talking about how hondata is working on the latest Si's and may have something in 6 months. whether it's k-pro or simply a reflash, it doesn't really specify. but i'd imagine cracking the newest civic would take priority over anything else given its popularity and large userbase. hopefully if this yields results, it'll benefit other hondas/acuras.
I would think they would've had K-Pro for the TSX already and later made one for the Si... the reflash is already out for the Si's and hondata doesnt recommend using any race header with that reflash.. And it seems like everything is coming down to using the 02-04 RSX-s ecu's with k-pro. Even the k-pro for the S2000 uses the 02-04 RSX-s ecu!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

I thought he got a special CAI, I wanna replace my Injen too lol...

So you post up ridicious shit and assume people will leave it alone? Please stop making fault statement to MISLEADING newer member, and take your dyno graph off the forum too, stop embrassing yourself. And no, none of your post seems like a joke and funny.

Having the VTC set a 50 degrees wont hurt the car unless i over rev/miss shift but like i said, its gonna be set lower than 50 degrees. So since I'll have engine management there's no need to tamper with the TSX VTC, plus i got the RSX VTC for dirt cheap.. so why bother? Maybe when i take out the TSX VTC i'll have them mech it to 45 degrees and sell it to one of you guys?
Back on topic, do you know what will happen IF, I mech my VTC to 45 degrees and pair with the Hondata reflash, I/H/E/ HFC/ Pulleys??? I know the cams are suppose to be more aggressive, but will it go out of control w/out the tunning of K-Pro???
Old 02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Advanced

Is there absolutely no way to tune this fawkin car?
Old 02-03-2008, 07:43 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by EuroRuben97
Is there absolutely no way to tune this fawkin car?
Depends on what you mean by tune, and what function you would like to remain in the car.

Tune- Yes. Hondata K-Pro and some harness. With a loss of regular use features, such as guage, ABS, VSA, Cruise, and A/C.

Pre-Tune- Yes. Hondata Reflash. Not tunable.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Special-K

Depends on what you mean by tune, and what function you would like to remain in the car.

Tune- Yes. Hondata K-Pro and some harness. With a loss of regular use features, such as guage, ABS, VSA, Cruise, and A/C.

Pre-Tune- Yes. Hondata Reflash. Not tunable.
Thats not 100% true.. Im told that the harness will only effect cruise control.. everything else will work. Until i get final word from hytech about the harness everything works except cruise. But to answer the other question... I dont think just by changing the vtc from 25 degrees to 45 degrees will yeild any gains without tuning something else (fuel/timing/etc.). Hondata should've made a tune for a 45 degree VTC to go along with other mods.. something like how they had #1,2,3 and 4 tunes for the RSX-S..
Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 AM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Thats not 100% true.. Im told that the harness will only effect cruise control.. everything else will work. .....

I dont think just by changing the vtc from 25 degrees to 45 degrees will yeild any gains without tuning something else (fuel/timing/etc.). Hondata should've made a tune for a 45 degree VTC to go along with other mods.. something like how they had #1,2,3 and 4 tunes for the RSX-S..
When I mentioned "other harness", I'm not referring to the Hytech harness. I mean another brand of ECU Managerment system. There's one out there that goes into the TSX race car, I forgot the name...

I wish they had different reflash... maybe I should send an e-mail to suggest... lol
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM

I e-mailed Doug @ Hondata... The 20 degree VTC movement is a software limitation. It's not possible to make a reflash to do more. He also said there was no hope for a K-pro for the TSX...

Swapping VTC's will just mean that there is no mechanical stop to preven more than 20 degrees of movement. It is necessary to have an ECU that will allow you to program that...

I'm pretty curious about the Hytech setup now... (how they reflash to take advantage of the 45 degree cam in their package...)
Old 02-05-2008, 05:20 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

I'm pretty curious about the Hytech setup now... (how they reflash to take advantage of the 45 degree cam in their package...)
As mentioned you will lose features.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:42 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

I e-mailed Doug @ Hondata... The 20 degree VTC movement is a software limitation. It's not possible to make a reflash to do more. He also said there was no hope for a K-pro for the TSX...

Swapping VTC's will just mean that there is no mechanical stop to preven more than 20 degrees of movement. It is necessary to have an ECU that will allow you to program that...
I posted the question on Hondata forum but no one replies yet.

If it's software limitation, then nothing we can do about it. I think we need more company to whack our ECU, more competition means more efficient....
Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 PM

I posted the question on Hondata forum but no one replies yet.

If it's software limitation, then nothing we can do about it. I think we need more company to whack our ECU, more competition means more efficient....

There's the answer!

Agreed.

Does anyone know why this won't work for the tsx:

http://hondata.com/kpro_element.html
Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Ticket Slow Drivers

Or something like this: http://hondata.com/s2000kpro.html

I'm sure there are a number of reasons...

(Although I just bought the reflash!)

There's the answer!

Agreed.

Does anyone know why this won't work for the tsx:

http://hondata.com/kpro_element.html
Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Special-K

There is no "Hytech setup".. VTC is adjustable. In the TSX its maximum movement is 25 degrees. I have the VTC used in the RSX-S which its maximum movement is 50 degrees. With K-Pro i can tune it down to 45 degrees or lower.. its just more adjustability with the RSX-S VTC mechanism. No one with an RSX-S even uses the full 50 degrees when tuning anyway. So after i get my hands on this harness and try it out to see if i get any check engine lights or anything else in that matter, we'll have an alternative to the reflash.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:01 AM
where is my garage?!

assuming the initial setup of the RSX K-pro'ed ecu/harness/TSX ecu works, does it matter what year TSX you have or would it work for any year?

just wondering if the fact that the 07+ ecu's aren't reflashable and different from the 04/05's and the 06 has any impact.

and if this set up did work, are there any parts you need to change within the engine to make it work vs. whatever standard bolt-on mods people have on their cars now? or is that what you're basically trying to figure out. apologies if these questions are n00bian in nature. ecu tuning is totally new to me.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:35 AM
where is my garage?!

hey chuson, they responded to your post--

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:18 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The throttle body will make no difference to the tuning - the flow of a system is determined by the greatest restriction, which is not the throttle body with the TSX intake manifold.

The CAI does make a difference as it alters the intake pulse effect, but the reflash was made with a CAI in mind.

The reflash does not advance past 25 degrees, so you won't see any changes by changing the intake cam gear.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Special-K

Originally Posted by xjohnkdoex
assuming the initial setup of the RSX K-pro'ed ecu/harness/TSX ecu works, does it matter what year TSX you have or would it work for any year?

just wondering if the fact that the 07+ ecu's aren't reflashable and different from the 04/05's and the 06 has any impact.

and if this set up did work, are there any parts you need to change within the engine to make it work vs. whatever standard bolt-on mods people have on their cars now? or is that what you're basically trying to figure out. apologies if these questions are n00bian in nature. ecu tuning is totally new to me.
I would think it matters.. The harness isnt universal so 06+ might have to have its own made. Dont quote me on this though. When i get the harness and after i test it out, i'll be willing if your willing to try it on a 06+ TSX to see if it works.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:54 PM

What year is your TSX?

Quick Reply: DBW with K-Pro Update!