Check out this TSX !!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Check out this TSX !!!!!!!!!!!

here's a little video clip that i found.....CHECK IT OUT

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...LhkfXGDA&hl=en
Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pretty cool video.. running n/a. 7th place =/
Old 06-11-2008, 03:55 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
http://www.riceboytv.com/index.php?i...5052008&arch=1

found more info about it

Taken from their website
At first glance, this Accord Euro R may look like a normal TSX with some pretty stickers on it. But look closer: those headlights - they've been replaced with carbon fiber. The bumper sure isn't stock: it's a Mugen piece, as are the side skirts and rear bumper. Those fenders look a bit odd... that's because 5Zigen designed, manufactured and applied a dry carbon widebody kit to the sides of this Accord. Dry carbon was also used to make the hood, rear boot lid and wing. Speaking of wings - that's a handsome sticker on the side of that carbon fiber fin! Much of the glass has also been replaced with transparent polycarbonate sheets, 'cause reducing weight is cool. Considering the fact that the TSX is a heavy luxury car here in the 'States, it's quite a shock to find that this Accord Euro R tips the scales at just 1020kg (2,248 lbs).

NO LONGER A 5 PASSENGER CAR
Much of the weight savings discussed in our "Exterior" segment also comes from 5Zigen's tossing of just about everything in the car. Back seats - gone. Door panels - not in this car. Carpet and sound deadening - now living in a dumpster down by the river. Outside of maybe the dash, there is not one stock Honda part inside this Accord's cabin.

A quick glance will show you the JDM racecar requisite lone Bride racing seat with Takata harnesses. Honda nerds will take a closer look and notice the Mugen steering wheel, gauges and digital panel. Those switches? We bet you think we're going to say "Mugen" - but guess what? We're not, 'cause 5Zigen made those.

A NEW DIMENSION IN POWER
As per the rules of the Super Taikyu series this Accord runs in Japan, its K24 has a fairly small list of engine mods. But damn if they're not effective. The whole engine is kept securely in place thanks to the set of 5Zigen custom engine mounts. On the breathing side, air gets sucked in via a 5Zigen custom carbon fiber ram intake on its way to the Toda racing throttle. After going through the whole process of mixing with fuel, blowing up and pushing some pistons around, the waste gasses make their escape from the engine by running through a set of ProRacer headers and a custom 5Zigen exhaust.

Keeping things lubricated is a few liters of Gulf VTEC 5W30 oil,

+ 5 AGILITY
5Zigen spent a lot of time dialing in the chassis of this Accord so that it can dominate on the track. Pricey Ohlins DFV dampers and H&R springs control body roll, with the rates of everything set by 5Zigen to each specific track.

Some people like to say that power wins races, but braking is just as important. A car needs to not only be able to stop quickly, but consistently. This Accord Euro R is successful on the racetrack because its 280mm PFC (front) pads - squeezed by 4 piston Brembo calipers up front and 2-piston calipers in the rear - do such a good job of dissipating the heat that builds up during a race.

Since 5Zigen makes some very nice wheels, it opted to give itself a set of 5Zigen ZR 250 wheels to put on to its racecar. And since forged wheels don't necessarily offer any sort of grip whatsoever, 5Zigen wrapped these rims with a set of JDM Falken semi-slick tires.

-------------
2003 ACCORD EURO-R SPEC
CHASSIS: ABA-CL7

ENGINE: K24

PINKSLIP: 5Zigen
PAYCHECK: maker of some fine, fine race goods

CONNECT: www.5Zigenusa.com

H to the P: 280 PS @ 8700 rpm

TOYZ IN THE HOOD: 5Zigen carbon fiber intake, exhaust pipe, muffler, engine mounts, oil catch tank, ProRacer header; ARC radiator, oil cooler; Toda racing throttle; Odyssey battery

TORQUE TRANSFER: Exedy clutch

MANAGEMENT: Motec ECU

SHOES: 5Zigen ZR 250 wheels; JDM Falken semi-slick tires

SUSPENDERS: Ohlins DFV shocks; H&R springs; 5Zigen custom chassis tuning

SLOWERS: Brembo 4-piston calipers (F), 2-piston calipers (R); PFC brake discs - 280mm (F)

SKIN: 5Zigen custom full dry carbon fiber widebody, rear wing; Mugen front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper

IN: 5Zigen custom switches; Bride seat; Takata harnesses; Mugen gauges, digital panel, steering wheel

A/V: none - this is a race car
Old 06-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish my TSX have 270-something HP...
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
^ lol i'm not that greedy, i'll be happy with 200 whp
Old 06-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Zyuan10
I wish my TSX have 270-something HP...
270bhp is definitely nice to have.

...but I'm over the S2k-ish 9k+ redline.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts
Mhmmm. Saw this car in person at the Long Beach Grand Prix. My friend Elton was supposed to run his Integra in the Super Lap, but had a lot of engine/overheating problems a couple of days/trial laps prior. But in terms of the Accord Euro R...It was pretty slick. I never got to see it run any laps, but the actual car was fun to look at...definitely made me feel envious.