brake upgrade recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake upgrade recommendations

im looking for new rotors (drilled preferably), new pads, and new lines. so far i like the R1 Concepts SS Brake lines (read a positive review of those from one of yall...) and i like SP Performance's Drilled and Slotted Rotors. however i cant find any pad that seems better than the other. any comments on a good brand for rotors, lines, and pads? reviews? thanks yall.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
why do you want drilled. just for cool looks. you have no use for drilled rotors as you will never heat up the tsx rotors enough to need that much cooling. plus companies that make drilled rotors that are not making them properly.

I recommend getting slotted rotors as they will give you much better performance for our application than drilled will.

BTW, drilled doesnt make you cooler.

Lastly are your brakes even bad yet.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There is so freakin much info on brakes here, search is your friend.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Is waiting in

^ never seen that one is that celine dion?
just get the slotted, some hawk pads and SS lines, call it a day....
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by rex.
^ never seen that one is that celine dion?
just get the slotted, some hawk pads and SS lines, call it a day....

No, thats me.

The lady is Stphy32 or whatever the hell her name was.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Instructor

hey ccc you are notorious for being a cunt... you know that? you dont know how i drive, yes my rotors are warped and i probably will heat my next set up enough to potentially need the drilled. and thanks, i never said they made you cooler... neither does being an asshole to everyone on an online car zine. grow a set buddy and then maybe youll gain some respect.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by JakeD
hey ccc you are notorious for being a cunt... you know that? you dont know how i drive, yes my rotors are warped and i probably will heat my next set up enough to potentially need the drilled. and thanks, i never said they made you cooler... neither does being an asshole to everyone on an online car zine. grow a set buddy and then maybe youll gain some respect.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 PM

your funny man. really I dont know how to drive is that so. glad to take the advice of a 17 year old, thanks buddy.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Advanced

He is a cunt, but hes a completely correct cunt in this case.

For a Street Driven 4 Door Honda Sedan, there is absolutly no way you are going to need drilled rotors, I track/AutoX mine, and I dont have drilled rotors.

Slotted are the way to go, A good set of Slotted Rotors will dissipate heat just as well if not better then most Drilled Rotors you can pick up for the TSX, And as CCC said the quality on most drilled rotors is not so good, all those ones you see on Ebay or modacar, are usually brembo blanks with holes drilled in them by a black and decker... If you want a good package, and dont want to step all the way up to a full Big Brake package, Marcus from Heeltoe I belive is having a sale on Slotted Rotors with Hawk HPS pads, thats the way to go.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Instructor

well youre gonna have to take some advice from a 17 year old because you obviously cant read... again, YOU DONT KNOW HOW I DRIVE... is that clear enough for you?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:27 PM
I spend 2 much time here

gotta love the word cunt
Old 04-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Firefightr86
He is a cunt, but hes a completely correct cunt in this case.

For a Street Driven 4 Door Honda Sedan, there is absolutly no way you are going to need drilled rotors, I track/AutoX mine, and I dont have drilled rotors.

Slotted are the way to go, A good set of Slotted Rotors will dissipate heat just as well if not better then most Drilled Rotors you can pick up for the TSX, And as CCC said the quality on most drilled rotors is not so good, all those ones you see on Ebay or modacar, are usually brembo blanks with holes drilled in them by a black and decker... If you want a good package, and dont want to step all the way up to a full Big Brake package, Marcus from Heeltoe I belive is having a sale on Slotted Rotors with Hawk HPS pads, thats the way to go.
well thats some good advice. thank you. from everything i researched it sounded like drilled rotors had some minor advantages over slotted that i wanted (less dust, noise reduction, lower temperatures, etc.). if slotted rotors are more reliable though ill take a look. thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Advanced

well youre gonna have to take some advice from a 17 year old because you obviously cant read... again, YOU DONT KNOW HOW I DRIVE... is that clear enough for you?
No your 17, I know damn well how you drive... Poorly

Every 17 year old who just gets there license, has access to mommy and daddies money, and a nice car thinks that they are mario fuckin andretti. Listen to the people who have been here longer then you, and have learned more, use the search feature instead of asking the same damn question as everyone else, and learn to drive the car before you worry about modding it.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:33 PM

wtf are you talking about. I know how to drive and probably better than you.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:36 PM

well thats some good advice. thank you. from everything i researched it sounded like drilled rotors had some minor advantages over slotted that i wanted (less dust, noise reduction, lower temperatures, etc.). if slotted rotors are more reliable though ill take a look. thanks
there are no advantages to drilled rotors unless they are on a big brake kit and the holes are then not actually drilled but rather formed during the molding process.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
wtf are you talking about. I know how to drive and probably better than you.
i suggest you two have a "driving competition" to determine who is really the best driver

Old 04-24-2007, 12:39 PM

well since I couldnt edit my previous post cause I ran out of time here is what the edit was going to say.

no that is not clear enough cause you still havent told me why I dont know how tod drive. unless you can tell me why I dont know how to drive then you still lose.

I have upgraded my brakes to powerslot rotors and hawk pads. Car is much better with them than the stock setup and they dont create that much brake dust. still more then stock but that is because of the slots.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Advanced

Your 17, you drive poorly, end of story

Every 17 year old thinks there mario fuckin andretti, but sorry your not, and unless you listen to people on this site, Colts Included you wont be any time soon. Listen to your elders, sure ccc and I are only 3-4 years older then you, but we've been around here longer, and have learned what were talking about... one day you will too...

Also for right now, dont worry so much about go fast mods, Brakes are actually a good thing I could fully support, but for right now you should learn how to control a car, before you start doing stupid things like going faster... Its always amusing to watch the 17 year olds and 18 year olds at the track, they think there hot shit because they can go 90 down main street, but then there clueless once there on a real track, throwing the car in and out of corners, missing the right line completely,

your doing the right thing by asking questions on the forums, but you just gotta read the facts before dismissing them because of who said it...
Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by jiggaman
i suggest you two have a "driving competition" to determine who is really the best driver

as long as he comes up north I would be more than glad to.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 PM

Every 17 year old thinks there mario fuckin andretti, but sorry your not
hurray someone said something smart.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
well since I couldnt edit my previous post cause I ran out of time here is what the edit was going to say.

no that is not clear enough cause you still havent told me why I dont know how tod drive. unless you can tell me why I dont know how to drive then you still lose.

I have upgraded my brakes to powerslot rotors and hawk pads. Car is much better with them than the stock setup and they dont create that much brake dust. still more then stock but that is because of the slots.
again dumbass... you dont know how I drive... i never said you were a bad driver i simply said you dont know my style of driving
Old 04-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Every 17 year old thinks there mario fuckin andretti, but sorry your not, and unless you listen to people on this site, Colts Included you wont be any time soon. Listen to your elders, sure ccc and I are only 3-4 years older then you, but we've been around here longer, and have learned what were talking about... one day you will too...

Also for right now, dont worry so much about go fast mods, Brakes are actually a good thing I could fully support, but for right now you should learn how to control a car, before you start doing stupid things like going faster... Its always amusing to watch the 17 year olds and 18 year olds at the track, they think there hot shit because they can go 90 down main street, but then there clueless once there on a real track, throwing the car in and out of corners, missing the right line completely,

your doing the right thing by asking questions on the forums, but you just gotta read the facts before dismissing them because of who said it...
i understand the common conception of the male teen driver pushing his testosterone into his acceleration pedal however that is not how i work. i have been driving for several years now. i understand how to control a car trough many different kinds of conditions courtesy of a) talking to my elders; b) audi extreme driving course; and c) bmw racing school. i am fully capable of handeling my car. i never dismissed what ccc said... simply that he was an asshole and no one wants to take advice when it is presented in the format he did.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least he's a correct cunt Too bad "heat" dosent have anything to do with rotors warping...

You're batting 0 for bro...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by jiggaman

Oh yea! Just like Toyko Drift?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Instructor

you sure because i read that it actually can effect the rotors? again with the presentation of materials. no reason to be an asshole when giving other people information
Old 04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Drilled Rotor are easiler to wrap compare to Slotted rotor. I don't know how you drive, but yes, the OEM stock TSX brake are not too great, you will experience brake fade in a short period of time (if you push it). If you want something good, go for BBK; Stoptech, AP Racing, Brembo, Rotora, Spoon, or even the stock DC5-R caliper will stop way better than what we have.

If you are on budget, and consider if you need to replace the rotor, my suggestion is...
1. RacingBrake Slotted Rotor (Front/Rear, I'm using it now and it's great). Or Powerslot Rotor.
2. Goodrich/Russell Stainless Steels braided brake line
3. Hawk HPS/HP Plus (tracking) or Endless brake pad are good too.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Just dial 1911

you sure because i read that it actually can effect the rotors? again with the presentation of materials. no reason to be an asshole when giving other people information
You dont know me very well do you...And besides, if you're going to act like a dick, you should expect it in return.

Anyway, read:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml
Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 PM

again dumbass... you dont know how I drive... i never said you were a bad driver i simply said you dont know my style of driving
ok so I take it you drive like a dumbass stupid kid then that puts other peoples like in danger cause they like to go to fast.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by joerockt
You dont know me very well do you...And besides, if you're going to act like a dick, you should expect it in return.
he is a 17 year old n00b.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:27 PM
No longer in denial

Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Instructor

:gheylaugh:
True dat!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:37 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Settle down people. The next person to call someone a cunt gets a vacation.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by dom
Settle down people. The next person to call someone a cunt gets a vacation.
so I can still call him a stupid 17 year old that doesnt fully know how to drive yet.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Just remove stupid.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:51 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Well said.

Someone buy this man a beer.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by dom
Well said.

Someone buy this man a beer.

Alcohol to minors...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Instructor