brake disc size

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006 | 03:36 PM
UK Accord Type-S

brake disc size

Hello all...a call for help from across the pond ...now I'm after some rotor upgrades and have a UK Accord Type-S...I was wondering if any of you have any TSX rotors lying around so that you can give me the dimensions, both front and rear so I can check with my car?...pics and dimensions or indeed a link to online catalogues would be useful..thanks all hope you can help!

I have found out that the caliper is a different design, but hoping the discs are the same.
Old 11-18-2006 | 09:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by alnug
Hello all...a call for help from across the pond ...now I'm after some rotor upgrades and have a UK Accord Type-S...I was wondering if any of you have any TSX rotors lying around so that you can give me the dimensions, both front and rear so I can check with my car?...pics and dimensions or indeed a link to online catalogues would be useful..thanks all hope you can help!

I have found out that the caliper is a different design, but hoping the discs are the same.
If I were you, I'd go after the db rotors. Our dimensions are slightly different than the Euro R. The hat size is a mm different.

You can look at Brembo's website as well. They have a great dimensions page.

Acura has the dimensions at:
Front:
311mm x 70mm and 8.346kg

Rear:
293mm x 53mm and 3.742kg
Old 11-18-2006 | 03:25 PM
UK Accord Type-S

thank you modaway...i guess i need to source different rotors....seems like there are differences with the brakes afterall.......The brakes on the accord have always been good, but i have seen a lot of TSX owners complaining about their brakes....

Anyway who are db rotors?
Old 11-18-2006 | 05:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by alnug
thank you modaway...i guess i need to source different rotors....seems like there are differences with the brakes afterall.......The brakes on the accord have always been good, but i have seen a lot of TSX owners complaining about their brakes....

Anyway who are db rotors?
They make some VERY GOOD rotors and are out of Australia. I would've done them for my TSX because I have a source here in the states, but the hat was 1mm short and I was afraid that would make the pads drag. You can never been too save when it comes to your brakes.

Again, check out Brembo. I know they have applications for JDM/EDM Accords.

Worst cast, just do the big brake kit from them which will give you a total brake package. You'll just need to increase your wheel size to an 18" to fit them.