300 hp TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
Noob, I've been lurking this forum for 3 years before I signed up.....
dayyuumm 3 years of lurking i think you hold the the record
Old 04-18-2006, 09:47 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by TSX420J
yeah my car has no engine mods yet, ......... but what they dont know is that a little thing called a s/c would shut them the fuck up.....

1) Get some mod first before you try to flame other vehicles.
2) S/C TSX outputs 220~230whp, max 240whp give a take a few... that's not what you called ''spanking". If you look at the specs of G35, 350z.. they'll still give S/C TSX a good run for the money. Now a modified G35c is gonna toy with you pretty good.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
The Boss

TSX420J,

People on any G35 or 350Z forums do NOT pick on TSX drivers. It's not even in their class in terms of speed. Out on the road, I very much doubt a G35c would pull up next to a TSX and tries to race ya.

If you are thinking about heavily modding a TSX purely for hobby and getting a feeling of what it's like to have those extra hp.. then it's cool. But if you plan to get all those upgrades thinking you can SPANK a G35, 350Z, you're out of your mind.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by Zasker1
I am all for a faster TSX but most of us did not buy this car with the intent of "slapping" around cars that cost 5-15k more, we would have jsut bought faster cars.
Same here. It's just funny to see kids dream about a S/C TSX spanking a car outside of their capability. I love how the TSX looks and what it has to offer, just don't fail to see it's only a 200hp vehicle and max 240whp.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Old 04-18-2006, 10:15 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
TSX420J,

People on any G35 or 350Z forums do NOT pick on TSX drivers. It's not even in their class in terms of speed. Out on the road, I very much doubt a G35c would pull up next to a TSX and tries to race ya.

If you are thinking about heavily modding a TSX purely for hobby and getting a feeling of what it's like to have those extra hp.. then it's cool. But if you plan to get all those upgrades thinking you can SPANK a G35, 350Z, you're out of your mind.
1) Im not flaming your car Im flaming you because you come in here saying "I dont respect the tsx"

2) my car is modded but i havent got to my performance mods yet...

3) after Im done which wont be so soon. I hope to have dyno's like this

4) If you think its rediculous to have a g35 try a tsx well the other day a MB CLS
got next to me and to show off to his girlfriend which was starring at me by the way punches it for no reason other than to make me look like shit I just laughed at his ugly sounding exhaust now thats recockulous...

5) sorry I hurt your feelings..
Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Master Graphic Artist

^ Is that dyno off the Hondata site? Those figures look nice, how'd they do it?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Stokeless

Ahhh pixel read the first page.....
Old 04-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Advanced

ok i just had my car Dynoed this weekend and i put 222 to the wheels. I have a s/c, with intake and exhaust. i just bought my header so i will dyno when done installing that. a few of my friends have 350's and the TSX def keeps up with them now.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:43 PM
VSA Rocks

Noob, I've been lurking this forum for 3 years before I signed up. If you read my comments (above). You'll notice when I say "I don't respect TSX" is referring to those who tries to race me, and not in general. So relax and take a chill pill.
Your fellow TSX sleepers will still get spanked by my S/C TL. I welcome the challenge any day. I am assuming your TSX is stock and is trash talking to me hoping some TSX owners with a S/C to back your crap up? LMAO. I respect your car when TSX folks say they bought it for "value" and "comfort". It's another story when someone wants to pick on G35, TL, or 350Z. Get my point?
Well, noob -- I've got news for you. You pretty much contradicted your own statement. The TL aint exactly a drag racing car, either. Pretty much NONE of the Hondas are, including the NSX, S2000, or ITR. If you're someone who loves straight-line racing and trash talking, YOU sir have bought the wrong car. You could have bought a Camaro for thousands less and would have been doing 10's....

And what's so 'elite' about a G35, TL, or 350Z in the 1/4 mile? Last time I checked, they do low 14's stock. Not exactly world-beaters. Go over to a V8-domestic site and brag about 14's. Boost-wise, I'd still take an old IS300 or older Supra.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
3rd Gear

TSX420J,

You're probably the same person that said a civic could never spank a mustang, corvette, etc. How many people do you know nowadays that spent less than $10K on a civic hatch with a gsr motor and NOS, etc. and can spank a mustang, corvette, sti, etc? While it's true just using your regular bolt ons and/or stock SC is not even going to compare to a 350 or G35 or any other car in that class you have to start somewhere.

Back in the days, how many people actually bought a honda civic to spank a mustang. NONE! At least not back in the early to mid 90's. Then tuners started figuring out how to get more power.

When I first got my TSX, I told myself I was going to leave it stock. I actually bought the car to replace my old POS Accord. I was heavily into the import scene until the past 2-3 years. I said I was done. But the more I drive the TSX the more research I do. This K24 has alot of potential. It's still a fairly new platform so give it time. But to say that or imply that buying a TSX to spank a G35 is not gonna happen is ludicrous. Some people want the power but instead of spending $30K+ on a G35 they spend $20K plus on a TSX plus an extra 5-10K to have a customized TSX that can keep up/spank a G35 or any other car in that class.

Having a 300+ hp daily driver TSX would be nice. So stop hating. How about some constructive criticsm?

I'm not sure how far I'm gonna take it with my TSX. Maybe just normal bolt-ons or a fully built engine w/ FI. Who knows.

Jeff
Old 04-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
Ahhh pixel read the first page.....
okay yeah usually end up replying to the first post without reading much... but when I clicked this I just saw that figure
Old 04-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
300whp tsx= Supercharger, Hondata, gasket, header, hiflowcat, exhaust, port and polished heads, smaller wheels, pulley, cam, blower, flux capacitor, widget, a midget with 1 crutch 2 gold chains and a ring! oh...and nitro
Old 04-26-2006, 08:02 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by CJams
300whp tsx= Supercharger, Hondata, gasket, header, hiflowcat, exhaust, port and polished heads, smaller wheels, pulley, cam, blower, flux capacitor, widget, a midget with 1 crutch 2 gold chains and a ring! oh...and nitro
300whp is very possible without half those mods.. i have an AT 06' and pushing nearly 200whp with just exhaust, headers, cat, intake, heatshield gaskets, ( hondata coming this week).. i hope to have a dyno early next week after the reflash.

i've talked to a local shop about doing a custom turbo.. i dunno when i'll start this project but i'm hopping by mid-summer i'd have turbo on it,. an automatic TSX with over 300whp.

i figured it would be a while before we see turbo for the TSX so time to go custom. .
Old 04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sebo1
300whp is very possible without half those mods.. i have an AT 06' and pushing nearly 200whp with just exhaust, headers, cat, intake, heatshield gaskets, ( hondata coming this week).. i hope to have a dyno early next week after the reflash.

i've talked to a local shop about doing a custom turbo.. i dunno when i'll start this project but i'm hopping by mid-summer i'd have turbo on it,. an automatic TSX with over 300whp.

i figured it would be a while before we see turbo for the TSX so time to go custom. .
What engine management are you planning on using? We have members here with turbos sitting in their garage waiting to be installed because there isn't a system that works.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:16 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
What engine management are you planning on using? We have members here with turbos sitting in their garage waiting to be installed because there isn't a system that works.
i dunno, i'll try to get info from the shop as to how they'll handle that part.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Future TSX owner?

its very possible to get 300+whp from a k24 just need the right engine management
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Well, noob -- I've got news for you. You pretty much contradicted your own statement. The TL aint exactly a drag racing car, either. Pretty much NONE of the Hondas are, including the NSX, S2000, or ITR. If you're someone who loves straight-line racing and trash talking, YOU sir have bought the wrong car. You could have bought a Camaro for thousands less and would have been doing 10's....

And what's so 'elite' about a G35, TL, or 350Z in the 1/4 mile? Last time I checked, they do low 14's stock. Not exactly world-beaters. Go over to a V8-domestic site and brag about 14's. Boost-wise, I'd still take an old IS300 or older Supra.
you crack me up. I got a 2000 Camaro SS as a toy car. I was just stating the facts about TSX not being that fast and can't own any G35 or 350z even with S/C. Yes, my SS has header, exhuast, gear, loud mouth etc to equal 420whp. It's my weekend toy The TL is supercharged for pleasure
Old 04-26-2006, 08:35 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by ProTeu5
You're probably the same person that said a civic could never spank a mustang, corvette, etc. How many people do you know nowadays that spent less than $10K on a civic hatch with a gsr motor and NOS, etc. and can spank a mustang, corvette, sti, etc? While it's true just using your regular bolt ons and/or stock SC is not even going to compare to a 350 or G35 or any other car in that class you have to start somewhere.

Back in the days, how many people actually bought a honda civic to spank a mustang. NONE! At least not back in the early to mid 90's. Then tuners started figuring out how to get more power.

When I first got my TSX, I told myself I was going to leave it stock. I actually bought the car to replace my old POS Accord. I was heavily into the import scene until the past 2-3 years. I said I was done. But the more I drive the TSX the more research I do. This K24 has alot of potential. It's still a fairly new platform so give it time. But to say that or imply that buying a TSX to spank a G35 is not gonna happen is ludicrous. Some people want the power but instead of spending $30K+ on a G35 they spend $20K plus on a TSX plus an extra 5-10K to have a customized TSX that can keep up/spank a G35 or any other car in that class.

Having a 300+ hp daily driver TSX would be nice. So stop hating. How about some constructive criticsm?

I'm not sure how far I'm gonna take it with my TSX. Maybe just normal bolt-ons or a fully built engine w/ FI. Who knows.

Jeff
Perhaps in the future, there's more mods available for the TSX. Currently the market don't have enough to equip a TSX to beat any G35c or 350z. That's all I'm saying. Don't get all fuzzed up about it man.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Driver/Detailer

I don't get it. All this wanting of more and more power but it is not usable on the street as there are cops everywhere..... I brought my car to the track and I found the suspension inadequate. I'll do suspension first before power mods. At least suspension mods are useful on the street.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aaronng
I don't get it. All this wanting of more and more power but it is not usable on the street as there are cops everywhere..... I brought my car to the track and I found the suspension inadequate. I'll do suspension first before power mods. At least suspension mods are useful on the street.
And the TSX has excellent suspension geometry, which is its true shining strength.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by rmpage
And the TSX has excellent suspension geometry, which is its true shining strength.
It was great in the sweeping corners. I was giving full throttle in 3rd gear and pulling on B18C civics in that corner. But when the tight 2nd gear 60-80km/h corners, I could only do 60 before understeering while the civics were doing 80. Granted, they did have coilovers and a 22mm rear sway bar while I was on stock suspension.

I guess since the TSX (JSM Accord) suspension was tuned on the Nurburgring (which has many nice flowing 3rd gear corners) that the car would excel in that corner, even with the stock OEM tires!

When on the straight... the 1.6L B16A civics were pulling away from me *ashamed*.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by Sebo1

uhhh....you have over half of those mods and your still over 100whp away from the goal.......thats alot of pony's to pick up.

My 05at dyno'd in at a whopping 154.2whp. The thought of doubling it is nice, but it's only a thought. I'm sure someday someone will get there though. Unfortunately it will cost another $20K to get there almost doubling the price of the car, but hey, you're doubling the horsepower right?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Stokeless

Hmmm I was over 184 with just intake and exhaust...now i have header and heatshield and I am STILL ALONG WAY FROM GETTING MY FREAKIN TURBO DAMNIT!!!! WHERE IS HONDATA'S KPRO!!!!????!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 04-27-2006, 01:39 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stokeless_TSX
Hmmm I was over 184 with just intake and exhaust...now i have header and heatshield and I am STILL ALONG WAY FROM GETTING MY FREAKIN TURBO DAMNIT!!!! WHERE IS HONDATA'S KPRO!!!!????!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR
I know man WTF. Looking at this shit makes me go crazy. Too bad I wont be able to start any of these mods till probably next year...