06 rear underbody kit owners I really need your help

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 rear underbody kit owners I really need your help

Hello,

So i picked up my parts (sides and rear OEM kit for 06 tsx) and there were no directions.

So i was able to pull the 04-05 directions off the internet and completed the sideskirt install with only 1 problem. One of the bolts just snapped when I was trying to take my stock skirt off. I gave no pressure at all it just broke off. and is now flush with the hole so I dont know how to remove the remaining part of the bolt/screw.

If anyone has any thoughts on that it would be appreciated but my main problem is this...

I tried to find directions to install the rear lip for 06 online but had no luck, then I looked on some forums and also could not find any info. The only thing I ran across an hour later was that I had to remove the bumper.

So I removed the bumper and did my best to install the rear skirt. The problem is.. I have a lot of stuff left over.

1. 2 black metal braces type things that were on the stock bumper one on the left side and one on the right side. You 06 people probably know what Im talking about but I cant put the braces on AND screw in the lip to the bumper because the bolt is not long enough to thread through. So I just left them out and I am not sure if they are supposed to be left out.

2. the kit provides these 2 silver clamps that you thread a screw through, and they are a lil longer then the other 4 provided and I dont know where they go.

3. I have 2 black pieces of rubber with 3m tape on them but I have no idea where they are supposed to be placed

4. I have a lil piece of foam, and again I have no idea where it goes.

Sorry for the long post I dont have a camera and I was doing this last night. So if anyone has installed the rear skirt for the 06 and can help me out with where these things go that would be great OR if anyone can email me the instruction for this please let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you-
Old 06-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take pics of the broken bolt so we can have a better idea of what were looking at?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Intermediate

I couldnt want and just went to the dealer.. for some other things and asked them to take alook at the bolt. They service agent tried to get me to pay for labor but the actually service guy just did it for free. ( Drilled piece of bolt out and put a new one in for me ) So that was cool of him.

And as for all the other questions I asked.. nevermind I was able to get my hands on the instructions..
Old 06-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Intermediate

Is there a way to have a mod close or delete this thread. Sorry for the hassle.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Race Director

not before i post in it!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by jayi41
I couldnt want and just went to the dealer.. for some other things and asked them to take alook at the bolt. They service agent tried to get me to pay for labor but the actually service guy just did it for free. ( Drilled piece of bolt out and put a new one in for me ) So that was cool of him.

And as for all the other questions I asked.. nevermind I was able to get my hands on the instructions..
you should the post instructions so other people doing the install will have the info