Zagat??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zagat??

This might sound like a stupid question, but i've been playing with my navigation for some time, and I can use anything except the zagat rating system -__-. I might've missed something, but the moment i open up a zagat restaurant, it just goes into navigation and directs me to the place, not give me the zagat ratings. Anyone know how to use the zagat ratings feature?
Old 01-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Instructor

The last time I used it, the Nav system showed me a list of restaurants in a city vicinity. There should be a little red Z next to the name of each listing. If you press the little Z it will take you to the review and the nav system will even read it out to you. If you actually press on the listing name and not the Z it will probably show you directions instead. Above the listings it should give a breif summary of each listing. I maybe wrong but thats how I remember it. I too am still getting used to the whole system. Hope it works.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tmetcalf
The last time I used it, the Nav system showed me a list of restaurants in a city vicinity. There should be a little red Z next to the name of each listing. If you press the little Z it will take you to the review and the nav system will even read it out to you. If you actually press on the listing name and not the Z it will probably show you directions instead. Above the listings it should give a breif summary of each listing. I maybe wrong but thats how I remember it. I too am still getting used to the whole system. Hope it works.
i think you are correct. i know you have to press the red Z for the rating. fat finger syndrome sucks with this thing, but eventually you get used to the screen's senses.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Instructor

I'm begining to use the little cursor pad just below the screen to move around as I don't always manage to get the right button with the touch screen.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm begining to use the little cursor pad just below the screen to move around as I don't always manage to get the right button with the touch screen.

i've used that curser button.....not a fan, cause sometimes it presses in and makes a selection when i didn't want it to!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Racer

oO i see, what a tricky little system..... GRR! haha i've used the system to call for reservations, and I gotta tell ya, its the best thing ever invented. Unfortunately most restaurants only allow reservations for 8+ or 10+ haha the system works, just the resaurants dont!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
TSX4EVR

Hey, that's cool! The dialing feature works for Zagat and non Zagat restaurants.

I still have lots to learn.

ps ( I also learnt that my TSX bluetooth can contact my cell phone through the garage wall. I pressed dial just to see the next screen and the next thing I know I'm talking to some long distance in Whistler BC. lol)

Love my TSX

Excited
Old 01-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That Zagat guide looks awesome guys
Old 01-18-2006, 01:05 PM
08 MDX with Sports

oh snap.. my 04 navi no zagat or bluetooth pwn't!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
jgs

Or, you can simply press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Zagat list number 1" (or whatever the corresponding number is on the list). This will take you directly to the Zagat Rating and Review screen. Hope this helps
Old 01-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DAMNIT!!! I wish i had navi...